Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,029,158 Views | 231617 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Quacked
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Somehow managed to buy TQQQ and UPRO below their 52 week lows today. Did alright.
utah, get me two
TSLA, woof
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Bear hugs to a green market

XOM is gonna kill-it next week. In fact, I'm pretty sure everything will be up.

Gotta go buy another grill, steaks are waiting on me!

BTHOOleMiss!
TChaney
TChaney said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I tend to think they won't want to pay all these puts and will bounce some.
So if we totally ignore charts and they are able to stay in control then the target price would be to close at ~385.01 or all the way to ~390.01. The latter not being very likely but still possible.
So SPY close at 389.73 the highest volume of PUTS were at 385 and 390. All of that premium eaten up in the last hour. I'll be watching the put/call ratio and price points closer from now on.
FJ43

Have a great weekend Gents!

Next week little to no trading for me. Back in the diligence saddle.

I know a tough week for many. Next week is a new week so go recharge. The close was good and without digging in technically I think an RDR which typically is bullish for the following several days.

Now go enjoy your family and weekend.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

LMCane
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Ag CPA said:

For those of you experiencing your first real bear market (2020 does not count) the thing that crushes souls is not necessarily the market drops; yes most stocks will eventually recover and you will get your money back and make some more. It is the passage of time, the agonizing amount of time it can take to bottom out, slowly move back up, go back down again... This reversal could take years, like it did in 2000 and 2008 and waiting around while your dreams turn into years is demoralizing.

Anyways, happy Friday.
Maybe there's a difference between bloated Growth Tech stocks with high PE's and Value stocks with normal PE's. One is getting a correction and the other is prospering. One is based on a promise and the other delivers the goods. Just a thought.. Value stocks aren't sexy, but I'm still mooing and my windows remained unlocked. I respectfully disagree, we aren't in a bear market. We're at minimum 2,000 points away. This is a cyclical bear market within a bull market mega trend. The bull remains intact.

You don't think we are in a bear market because one index compromised of 30 stocks isn't off 20%. The vast majority of stocks have been in a bear market a long time. Large caps are finally catching up last as they always do.
Yes as an answer to your first statement.

So,...was it a Bear Market today or OPEX? I'm confused..

We agree to disagree.

I don't see how someone can claim they disagree it's a bear market.

SP500 just broke below a 20% drop today. The Nasdaq and the Russell have been below a 20% drop for a long time, and the Dow is a few percentage points away.

It's not a matter of personal opinion- if the market drops more than 20% from it's previous high it's a bear market.
ProgN

Bear hugs to a green market

XOM is gonna kill-it next week. In fact, I'm pretty sure everything will be up.

Gotta go buy another grill, steaks are waiting on me!

BTHOOleMiss!
BenRev09
AG
LMCane said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Ag CPA said:

For those of you experiencing your first real bear market (2020 does not count) the thing that crushes souls is not necessarily the market drops; yes most stocks will eventually recover and you will get your money back and make some more. It is the passage of time, the agonizing amount of time it can take to bottom out, slowly move back up, go back down again... This reversal could take years, like it did in 2000 and 2008 and waiting around while your dreams turn into years is demoralizing.

Anyways, happy Friday.
Maybe there's a difference between bloated Growth Tech stocks with high PE's and Value stocks with normal PE's. One is getting a correction and the other is prospering. One is based on a promise and the other delivers the goods. Just a thought.. Value stocks aren't sexy, but I'm still mooing and my windows remained unlocked. I respectfully disagree, we aren't in a bear market. We're at minimum 2,000 points away. This is a cyclical bear market within a bull market mega trend. The bull remains intact.

You don't think we are in a bear market because one index compromised of 30 stocks isn't off 20%. The vast majority of stocks have been in a bear market a long time. Large caps are finally catching up last as they always do.
Yes as an answer to your first statement.

So,...was it a Bear Market today or OPEX? I'm confused..

We agree to disagree.

I don't see how someone can claim they disagree it's a bear market.

SP500 just broke below a 20% drop today. The Nasdaq and the Russell have been below a 20% drop for a long time, and the Dow is a few percentage points away.

It's not a matter of personal opinion- if the market drops more than 20% from it's previous high it's a bear market.
[url=<iframe][/url]
[url=<iframe][/url]
miss ya Irish
FJ43

For y'all next week.

SPY

If we push up be watching the yellow downtrend line for rejection and the red SR levels just above. Green line is high of this week.

Trade wisely!

PS - I held the 400C I bought at the low for next Friday expiring although they are more than double. Want to see what we do Mon/Tue. Need something to recover my stopped short disaster (big lost opportunity combined with red trades)
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43

GreasenUSA
AG
People are going to be champing at the bit on Monday morning. Remind me not to press any buttons until at least 30 minutes after open to see how we settle.
FJ43
GreasenUSA said:

People are going to be champing at the bit on Monday morning. Remind me not to press any buttons until at least 30 minutes after open to see how we settle.
I am not convinced the bottom is in. But could be short/mid term.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

Today setting up into close as an RDR

I like it when we talk dirty on here.
XXXVII
FJ43 said:

I'm calling BS on this.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Tic self promotes way too much, IMO, but he's pretty good. Who knows which way we'll go from here.
FJ43
XXXVII said:

FJ43 said:

I'm calling BS on this.
There are solid traders on both sides of the next direction. Take your pick....

Ragoo
AG
Weird week. Up, down, up, down, the took a big swing on the QQQ 285c for Monday. Bought 25 contracts at $2.06. Sold 10 at $3.19, 5 at $3.69, and final 10 at $4.14. Didn't hit the top but made back plus some for the week. Also I didn't want to hold over the weekend.
FJ43
Solid trade and scaling out. Congrats!

TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Looks like a few more WWR filings for insider buys today.
Romello
Made 600% return on my SPY 420P 5/20. It was a rollercoaster.
Post removed:
by user
BlueTaze
I wonder if tough rate hike talk and weaker action will be a tool to more aggressively reduce balance sheet in a strong market 2nd half of 22. Perhaps that's the background strategy for a "soft landing". Only thing I'm certain of is while all of us are speculating on the Feds strategy, the Blackrocks of the world know with absolute certainty what their plan is. Each crisis Blackrock comes out with trillions more AUM. Rigged.
bmks270
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

bmks270 said:

I've got first time stock investing friends telling me they are going to buy in if it drops further. I think we are seeing the beginning of the bottom. People buying as it goes lower.

Are you kidding. That is a telltale sign we haven't bottomed. Bear market bottoms typically happen when people give up and stop thinking we've bottomed.

Seems I have a bit to learn about bear markets.
irish pete ag06
AG
XXXVII said:

FJ43 said:

I'm calling BS on this.

Look that guy knows more than me but he also deletes a lot of tweets
Jet Black
Bottom my ass. Maybe until Monday.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Jet Black said:

Bottom my ass.

ProgN
Jet Black said:

Sounds like you have an adventurous weekend planned out.
TecRecAg
AG
Jet Black said:

Hey man what you do with your friends on a Friday night is your business
BlueTaze
Cramer screaming at fed to raise 100, then say he will raise another 100..."no more Mr. Nice guy" lol

He says market is tanking bc Fed is not aggressive enough with rate hikes. FWIW maybe fade opportunity
XXXVII
BlueTaze said:

Cramer screaming at fed to raise 100, then say he will raise another 100..."no more Mr. Nice guy" lol

He says market is tanking bc Fed is not aggressive enough with rate hikes. FWIW maybe fade opportunity

I thought the typical market response to rate hikes would be to tank.
FJ43
#alwaysfadecramer

Ragoo
AG
We probably rally next week then dump in June when QT starts back up. I think we will capitulate through September then rally. By then the fed is fully ramped on QT so all of the fed info will be known.
McInnis 03
AG
Bob Knights Paper Hands
*gulp*

War or as soon as Ukraine concedes, China makes a big play for the yuan to dethrone USD as the global currency.
utah, get me two
Good news if you hold Raytheon stock
First Page Last Page
Page 5448 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.