Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,030,742 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Chef Elko
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So vix to $40
Ccutamu
Ag CPA said:

For those of you experiencing your first real bear market (2020 does not count) the thing that crushes souls is not necessarily the market drops; yes most stocks will eventually recover and you will get your money back and make some more. It is the passage of time, the agonizing amount of time it can take to bottom out, slowly move back up, go back down again... This reversal could take years, like it did in 2000 and 2008 and waiting around while your dreams turn into years is demoralizing.

Anyways, happy Friday.
I bet you're fun at parties!
SF2004
AG
I'm down like everyone else but what is comic relief is watching people in awe like "how could this happen".

We shut down supply chains and economy then pumped funny money into the economy.

Some countries are still shutting down crap.

In 2020 if anyone of you was around a discretionary hobby (for me it was sports/collectibles) you saw the absurd run up with all the free money.
LMCane
Ag CPA said:

For those of you experiencing your first real bear market (2020 does not count) the thing that crushes souls is not necessarily the market drops; yes most stocks will eventually recover and you will get your money back and make some more. It is the passage of time, the agonizing amount of time it can take to bottom out, slowly move back up, go back down again... This reversal could take years, like it did in 2000 and 2008 and waiting around while your dreams turn into years is demoralizing.

Anyways, happy Friday.

I would add that the crushing aspect is running out of cash to buy more equities as the market continues to drop down.

nearly there- will have to revert to DCA every two weeks at pay day.
texagbeliever
AAPL approaching 135. SPY 384. MSFT 248. break and we could see some sparks fly up. I want confirm break from all 3. Otherwise I expect MSFT to drag it back down again.

3 checkmarks. Come on hold!
AW 1880
AG
During the dot com bubble/burst, I made a paper trade that would have made millions - KANA SOFTWARE.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/kana-software-inc-history/

I think it went public and shot up to a ten bagger (I think) and within 24 months was out of business. At the top, it was unthinkable that it would fall so far but it did. Watching a lot of the tech stocks over the last few years, that's been in the back of my mind. There were a lot of similar examples during the dot com bubble.
LMCane
SF2004 said:

I'm down like everyone else but what is comic relief is watching people in awe like "how could this happen".

We shut down supply chains and economy then pumped funny money into the economy.

Some countries are still shutting down crap.

In 2020 if anyone of you was around a discretionary hobby (for me it was sports/collectibles) you saw the absurd run up with all the free money.

Uh, NFTs of Snoop Dogg's House for a million dollars a few months ago?

Snoop Dogg Sells over $44 Million worth of Stash Box NFT
As first reported by Dan Runcie's Trapital, Snoop Dogg had already sold over 8,000 Stash Box NFTs as of Monday.

Feb 15, 2022
FJ43
OK everyone...find that inner self

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

utah, get me two
I'm trying to be positive, I am fortunate to even have money to lose
Post removed:
by user
BrokeAssAggie
They are going to get this thing back to even for the day, aren't they..
texagbeliever
BrokeAssAggie said:

you say this like it is a bad thing. Why do you hate America?
utah, get me two
Did you buy puts
BrokeAssAggie
utah, get me two said:

Did you buy puts
no. bag holding some calls. Just tired of the back and forth for the last 8 weeks.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Ag CPA said:

Anyways, happy Friday.
Maybe there's a difference between bloated Growth Tech stocks with high PE's and Value stocks with normal PE's. One is getting a correction and the other is prospering. One is based on a promise and the other delivers the goods. Just a thought.. Value stocks aren't sexy, but I'm still mooing and my windows remained unlocked. I respectfully disagree, we aren't in a bear market. We're at minimum 2,000 points away. This is a cyclical bear market within a bull market mega trend. The bull remains intact.
texagbeliever
TSLA is being a bit of a late bloomer on this run up.
bmks270
AG
I've got first time stock investing friends telling me they are going to buy in if it drops further. I think we are seeing the beginning of the bottom. People buying as it goes lower.
BrokeAssAggie
lots of volume coming in on SPY
FJ43
FJ43 said:

So today I got stopped out of my SPY shorts and obviously Mrs FJ would have had a new car by now. Don't tell her its our secret.

Didn't expect this move today at all.....but thats the markets.

I am moving to next week options - calls on SPY
Welp that worked...FINALLY

.98 to 1.68.... I AINT SELLING !!!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

texagbeliever
ON looks like it has to hit 60 next week. Almost flat on today and bounced off the 50 day EMA
XXXVII
BrokeAssAggie said:

Yes, annoying the crap out of me with this down then up stuff all week. Let's get this crash over with.
TecRecAg
AG
Close above $390!!
FJ43
SPY 392.56 is my line now or we go back down lower I think.

XOM should have no problem hitting $95 next week.

Y'all have a great weekend!

Moo!

BTHOOleMiss!
FJ43
Someone got lucky with lottos into close.....wasn't me but you know they are out there.

Holy cow SPY expiring 390C went from .02 to .44 in nothing flat

J.P. 03
AG
I don't even want to know what kind of .gifs you guys have been posting to spark a rally this large, but I'm just thankful the mods are deleting them before anyone accidentally opens them on their work computer
BrokeAssAggie
aaand we are green.
TecRecAg
AG
J.P. 03 said:

I don't even want to know what kind of .gifs you guys have been posting to spark a rally this large, but I'm just thankful the mods are deleting them before anyone accidentally opens them on their work computer
guilty
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

aaand we are green.
Same, thanks to that nice TQQQ dip and recovery.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
bmks270 said:

I've got first time stock investing friends telling me they are going to buy in if it drops further. I think we are seeing the beginning of the bottom. People buying as it goes lower.

Or we don't bottom out until the folks buying in the 3800-4000 range get tired of those bags losing value everyday, capitulate, and sell them to push us further down.
SoupNazi2001 said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Ag CPA said:

Anyways, happy Friday.
Maybe there's a difference between bloated Growth Tech stocks with high PE's and Value stocks with normal PE's. One is getting a correction and the other is prospering. One is based on a promise and the other delivers the goods. Just a thought.. Value stocks aren't sexy, but I'm still mooing and my windows remained unlocked. I respectfully disagree, we aren't in a bear market. We're at minimum 2,000 points away. This is a cyclical bear market within a bull market mega trend. The bull remains intact.

You don't think we are in a bear market because one index compromised of 30 stocks isn't off 20%. The vast majority of stocks have been in a bear market a long time. Large caps are finally catching up last as they always do.
Yes as an answer to your first statement.

So,...was it a Bear Market today or OPEX? I'm confused..

We agree to disagree.
FJ43
Today setting up into close as an RDR

FJ43

McInnis 03
AG
LFG Tom!

Full article:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-technician-who-called-the-2020-market-bottom-says-a-shocking-rally-is-in-store-11653043583

First Page Last Page
Page 5447 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.