Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,695 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Iffy at best.....

5/12 low to 5/18 High its just under the 76.4% Fib.

Edit: Rough sketch

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
FJ43 said:

Been here before folks....be careful
Yep...Fail

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Carnwellag2
OKC~Ag said:

Tip of the day

If you have sizable traditional IRA, convert part or all to ROTH IRA...

Be able to pay IRS for Tax bill for this Tax year. Offset some tax liability by selling your losses now.

years from now, when your ROTH escalates...profit tax free,

Amazing thing is no taxes...ever including dividend from Roth account once you pay the fed this year.

UNLESS - congress votes to change the tax rules on Roth
irish pete ag06
AG
FL

I know... I know... It's pure degeneracy. Thinking of snagging a 20P for this tomorrow morning earnings.
Ccutamu
Carnwellag2 said:

OKC~Ag said:

Tip of the day

Be able to pay IRS for Tax bill for this Tax year. Offset some tax liability by selling your losses now.

Amazing thing is no taxes...ever including dividend from Roth account once you pay the fed this year.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Our 401k guy was here last Friday and said he wouldn't be surprised if they change it (of course that is one guy's opinion). I, along with millions other citizens, will be pissed if they do.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lets see if they puke it
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
XXXVII
Whoever called today as being a sideways day ending slightly lower than yesterday, great job.
Fireman
AG
SEC is reportedly checking banker cell phones in a Wall Street messaging probe

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sec-is-reportedly-checking-banker-cell-phones-in-a-wall-street-messaging-probe-11652889212
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
c'mon guys, drop the bid. Send it to 3850. Scare the children
jj9000
AG
jj9000 said:

First half of day

Second half of day

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

c'mon guys, drop the bid. Send it to 3850. Scare the children
3880 at least! wimps!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
not the easiest day, but happy with this. Probably won't trade tomorrow unless we mega gap down.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Carnwellag2 said:

OKC~Ag said:

Tip of the day

Congress won't change it on original owners. Maybe somehow a change to an inheriting party, but I doubt it, SECURE Act already leveled the playing field in that regard. I'm getting to tax-free eventually and don't want to wish my life away, but I will celebrate when completed.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Max pain tomorrow is 414!? That seems worth taking a flyer
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

too far. extremely unlikely.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

6%+ up move. I guess it could happen. I just don't think so.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I grabbed a couple 405 calls just for fun
McInnis 03
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Jet Black said:

What is the bet for tomorrow? Up? Down? Asteroid crushes wall st?

The most recent two times that we've had breakdowns from the previous range (5/5 and 5/11), the day after the breakdowns have been gap downs that ended up red, with close ending very near the open.

Damn near perfect.
McInnis 03
AG

I'll bet $1000 to anyone right now we won't touch SPY 414 tomorrow
sts7049
AG
i took a lotto of SPY380P for tomorrow
ProgN
TecRecAg
AG

I know this isn't the football forum, but this is as close as we can get to poop slap territory..
LMCane
Ccutamu said:

Carnwellag2 said:

OKC~Ag said:

Tip of the day

Took the words right out of my mouth. Our 401k guy was here last Friday and said he wouldn't be surprised if they change it (of course that is one guy's opinion). I, along with millions other citizens, will be pissed if they do.
doesn't the ROTH have maximum annual salary limitations for those with high salaries?
FJ43
LMCane said:

Ccutamu said:

Carnwellag2 said:

OKC~Ag said:

Tip of the day

doesn't the ROTH have maximum annual salary limitations for those with high salaries?
Yes. But I think you are allowed a one time rollover. Maybe someone can clarify.

TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Looks like some insider buying over at WWR. Nothing astronomical and I still bet we own more than the executives, but I suppose it's better than insider selling right now.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Carnwellag2 said:

OKC~Ag said:

Tip of the day

This would piss me off. I just now finally got to where I can contribute a sizable amount to my in-roth plan.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
TecRecAg said:

I know this isn't the football forum, but this is as close as we can get to poop slap territory..

I think mcinnis should perform a poop slap if we tag 414 tomorrow
irish pete ag06
AG
Webull hosed me by a small amount today for some reason when I overnighted TQQQ. Sold it for a 1%ish gain this morning.

All other plays were QQQ 1DTE. Didn't feel like I played my best but happy with results.

Had to get the calculator out for the real %

Calculator image is flagged for some reason… real % was 1.95%

Dating back to last Friday, this also makes 5 green in a row.
XXXVII
After hours trading is showing many stocks up relative to the close. Is this people thinking that we reached the bottom?
GreasenUSA
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Dating back to last Friday, this also makes 5 green in a row.

Congrats! That's not easy to do in this market.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

FL

I know... I know... It's pure degeneracy. Thinking of snagging a 20P for this tomorrow morning earnings.

Never got a fill here. So this means FL will drop to $15 tomorrow
ProgN
ROST missed and guided lower. They're getting rocked AH.
OKC~Ag
FJ43 said:

LMCane said:

Ccutamu said:

Carnwellag2 said:

OKC~Ag said:

Tip of the day

Yes. But I think you are allowed a one time rollover. Maybe someone can clarify.
from schwab website..

Quote:

Roth IRA contributions are made on an after-tax basis. However, keep in mind that your eligibility to contribute to a Roth IRA is based on your income level. If you file taxes as a single person, your Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) must be under $140,000 for the tax year 2021 and under $144,000 for the tax year 2022 to contribute to a Roth IRA, and if you're married and file jointly, your MAGI must be under $208,000 for the tax year 2021 and 214,000 for the tax year 2022. The maximum total annual contribution for all your IRAs combined is:
  • $6,000 if you're under age 50
  • $7,000 if you're age 50 or older

So if you are making a $1 million a year, you can't contribute to Roth IRA but you can to traditional IRA.

IF you happen to have a traditional IRA that had severe hit due to current market, convert it to Roth and pay the fed $$$ now and enjoy the tax free money forever as long as your Roth IRA keeps generating dividends and appreciating in the future...

This is a back way to get into Roth IRA for high earning individual to take advantage of down portfolio so you pay less tax now and yet get the advantage of Roth IRA....

Also according to Schwab, you can convert individual $ amount or security in your account. Once you convert to Roth, obviously you can't convert back. For example, you have 1000 shares of F, convert to Roth at one time for 1000 shares or convert 1 share at a time, thousand times...Your financial institution wall calculate 1099 at the end of year- amount you are liable to IRS that was converted to Roth.
ProgN
tailgatetimer10 said:

Carnwellag2 said:

OKC~Ag said:

Tip of the day

This would piss me off. I just now finally got to where I can contribute a sizable amount to my in-roth plan.
You're going to be real pissed when progressives have the numbers in Congress and the courts and confiscate 401Ks. And before anyone says 'they'd never do that', they actually have been planning it for a long time.
bigtoneag
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Looks like some insider buying over at WWR. Nothing astronomical and I still bet we own more than the executives, but I suppose it's better than insider selling right now.
Good, need to see those Form 4s rolling in consistently when you're trading below Cash value.
First Page Last Page
Page 5441 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.