Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,718 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
SF2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I obviously missed the overnight move. I don't like this. Maybe it rips higher and doesn't come back. Maybe they punish the new longs this morning. I don't know. When you don't know what to do - do nothing.

This is a classic move… they dumped retail from the top on the fed meeting/Ukraine fear. Now they re-enter overnight before retrial can get back in.

Not going to ATH just yet but I think their target was met on the low and they they proceed to run up retail again.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Mines working fine. Shut onlyfans down and reboot ATP. That worked for me.
agdaddy04
AG
Holy crap. mSFT over $304 pre market.
MRB10
AG
Any suggestions?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
But remember the (big) volume on that dump vs the (small) volume on the way up. Would a MM really lose out that many shares just to get retail out if this is going up this morning? That doesn't make sense to me. If this is a pre-planned move it makes more sense that they dumped a lot of shares yet got the price right back to where it was for another bull trap.

Although it does seem more likely that different people are getting different information and that's what we're seeing. Weird wild stuff.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
agdaddy04 said:

I'd sell, shut down, and go try to get the wife in bed.
Talon2DSO
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

But remember the (big) volume on that dump vs the (small) volume on the way up. Would a MM really lose out that many shares just to get retail out if this is going up this morning? That doesn't make sense to me. If this is a pre-planned move it makes more sense that they dumped a lot of shares yet got the price right back to where it was for another bull trap.

Although it does seem more likely that different people are getting different information and that's what we're seeing. Weird wild stuff.

It's is weird. I'm selling my calls when green and sitting on my hands for a couple days. Maybe pick up cheap puts
ProgN
NTXAg10 said:

Any suggestions?
MSFT, AAPL, etc.
AgCPA95
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Good lord...someone grabbed some at $269 AH.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

jimmo said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis just got the free trial of Bookmap enabled on ThinkOrSwim. Gives me access to AAPL, MSFT, and............./ES.
update us when you get it ironed out
heck, I'd never heard of it til today

Can't get it to work, I'm afraid a firewall at work is to blame
Yup, the TOS support folks tend to agree. Something here is blocking bookmap.
agdaddy04
AG
AgCPA95 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Good lord...someone grabbed some at $269 AH.

Opened at $308 and fell quick to $303.
agdaddy04
AG
I went ahead and put a stop loss in at $302 to lock in the profit
azul_rain
Dead cat bounce ?
Spoony Love
AG
It feels anticipatory.

Everyone is waiting for who moves first.
agdaddy04
AG
Haha, looks like the purposely stopped me out to bounce back up. Oh well. Is that what keeps some of you from putting in stop loss orders
ProgN
Yes, I never use them, but that's just my personal preference.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
an interesting thing. ticks high, stocks not moving.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BrokeAssAggie
I usually put at Stop in if I have to step away for a meeting or something.
mc_shipman
Sold my Fri $SPY 447c for a nice double, and then it immediately blasted up a full point.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Sans my morning T joy, all indicators i'm watching are in a confused state. Some settling now (851am) but something looks/feels off.
Spoony Love
AG
VIX below 29. I can see it getting near 27 today. Hold on everybody, but please follow the advice 30k gave for fed minutes today. Watch your movements and set stop loses if you are able.
McInnis 03
AG
Ragoo
AG
One of those days where you feel like you missed the move.
McInnis 03
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Sans my morning T joy, all indicators i'm watching are in a confused state. Some settling now (851am) but something looks/feels off.

JPow dysfunction
Spoony Love
AG
I'm up 9% for the day already and largely out of any options. I may just end up watching but I'm watching 1/28 $450C SPY for a little while longer.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
My totally unsupported wag is that we pin spy at 450 friday
Everybody loves a dirt road
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I sold all of mine at yesterdays peak. I hate being disciplined. it's stupid and ugly.
LOL, you're staying green though. All I had coming into today was a tiny put/ call spread strangle.

I haven't looked at levels, but seems like we could buy puts here and close our eyes. Short squeeze in progress, nuts.
hell yeah, bought back the sell side of the put spreads at open, the naked put ran a bit til it looked like bottom (snagged 40%), holding call spreads for max gain.
Engine10
AG

Board is being set here IMO. Cover for delaying
bigtoneag
AG
Anyone done any due diligence on $ET? Trading at a 5.4 PE, paying a very nice dividend and Nat Gas prices going up.
BrokeAssAggie
Adding some Q puts as a hedge here.
ryanhnc10
AG
Draft Kings woke up
McInnis 03
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

Draft Kings woke up
Upgraded this morning, saw it at $18.xx a couple days ago and wanted to take a big bite.............didn't.
Spoony Love
AG
I have jumped in and out on them recently and waiting to get back in but have missed some entry points.

They have a big lawsuit from Vistra claiming ET is going to shut off there gas to generators if Vistra doesn't pay their large bill. I think it's just a head fake from Vistra though. ET is due get some cash soon.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Some wild-arse stuff this morn. My indicators were back in-sync at 858am. Looks like the rest of the day will be nice and green. And,...

Fed ain't gonna raise no rates.
Spoony Love
AG
I can jive with that.

It doesn't support what I mentioned yesterday evening though. I am willing to pay a little more premium today for the 1/28 $450 to grab a wilder reaction to any green movement from here.

I still think tomorrow gets ugly with the earning calls tomorrow.

NUE and LUV both report before open and I am expecting great reports from both. But in the end I think we start getting bad guidance moving forward for most calls coming in over the next few days.
First Page Last Page
Page 4916 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.