Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,980,468 Views | 224071 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
Colt98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Qcom- I'll take one dog for the 20+ wins we've had this month. I just need to get better at stop losses. But only being a couple of grand away from doubling my trading money since mid Jan( when I started following this thread) and the copious amount of knowledge has been amazing.
gougler08
AG
Colt98 said:

Qcom- I'll take one dog for the 20+ wins we've had this month. I just need to get better at stop losses.
I sold the puts so I'll be owning it at least short term, I still like the chart so not the end of the world if I have to wait a few weeks for a hopeful breakout
gougler08
AG
When is the DIS announcement on the streaming service and everything else?
HoustonAg2014
AG
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

What caused the markets to take a sudden crap on itself?
That 1 minute red candle
Sold covered calls on FB at 180 literally 5 minutes before that tanked haha. Pure luck...
oldarmy1
AG
Kept the AAPL lotto call but added a May3 $205

Markets consolidation continues which sux.

TRNX did move but no breakout above 82 cents yet.

Revs starting to ramp
oldarmy1
AG
80 cents on TRNX. I think 82 gets you $1.30-$1.50 and a true basing long term. Long suffering potential redemption
E
AG
No RS announcement on TRNX this time... but don't they have to get over $1 soon?
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

No RS announcement on TRNX this time... but don't they have to get over $1 soon?

Yes they do.
oldarmy1
AG
TRNX 85x86

There is a pulse people!
leoj
AG
Long, but good DIS info

After an investor presentation that mostly reiterated existing news, Disney's (NYSE: DIS) Kevin Mayer showed off the Disney Plus app -- which looks smooth, if largely very much like Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) or other mainstream streaming apps.

Disney Plus will launch in Western Europe over Q1 and Q2 of fiscal 2020, with Eastern Europe coming in the first part of fiscal 2021. An Asia Pacific launch will take place on a rolling basis throughout fiscal 2020.

Animated classics that have been in Disney's "vault" will be available to subscribers on Day One, Disney Animation's Jennifer Lee says. And Pixar's films will be available on day one as well, including Toy Story 4 and the company's animated shorts.

The presentation (still ongoing) seems to be saving the most anticipated possible news -- the price of the Disney Plus service -- for last. Brands are giving their own presentations about how they fit into the service.
Disney shares are down 0.1% after hours; NFLX is up 0.1%.

Updated 7:59 p.m.: And there it is: Disney Plus will launch Nov. 12, 2019, at $6.99/month, with an annual option of $69.99.

Updated 8:07 p.m.: CFO Christine McCarthy says Disney expects 60M-90M subscribers by the end of fiscal 2024 -- with about one-third coming domestically and two-thirds international. She adds cash investment in original content will be just over $1B for fiscal 2020, reaching to the mid-$2B range for fiscal 2024. Amortization expense will be less than $500M for fiscal 2020 and about $2B in 2024.

She expects operating expenses a little less than $1B for fiscal 2020, ramping up as subscribers grow (but at a smaller rate than revenue growth). Peak operating losses should come between 2020 and 2022, she says, with profitability coming in fiscal 2024.

She expects 8M-12M subs for ESPN Plus, and profitability there in fiscal 2023.
For Hulu, she projects 40M-60M paid subscribers in 2024, peak operating loss of $1.5B in fiscal 2019, with a slightly narrower loss for 2020, and profitability by fiscal 2023 or 2024.

Updated 8:14 p.m.: Price check -- DIS is down 0.3% after hours, to $116.30.
oldarmy1
AG
CSCO calls are going to pay. AAPL lotto has good chance to make a return. Need a big move first half above $200 to sell into.

Need a big move today followed by a trend high continuation Monday or Tuesday for QCOM and FEYE.
ProgN
Chevron buying Anadarko Pet, JPM killed their earnings estimate, today should be good to pull more bulls into the market.
oldarmy1
AG
$1.03 on TRNX
E
AG
Of course TRNX is gonna jump big time when I'm not in it anymore
jmcfar_98
AG
Prognightmare said:

Chevron buying Anadarko Pet, JPM killed their earnings estimate, today should be good to pull more bulls into the market.

Rumor is $33 Billion
leoj
AG
Man, those DIS calls right about now...

That being said, thinking about starting a long position. The espn and Disney streaming's are going to kill it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

Man, those DIS calls right about now...

That being said, thinking about starting a long position. The espn and Disney streaming's are going to kill it.
With their purchase of 21st Century Fox they gained access to most of the Fox content and it increased their ownership of Hulu to 60%. Netflix may have started the streaming revolution, but Disney is now poised to take it over. For this reason, I think I'm done playing with Netflix's stock for a bit. Disney ended their licensing agreement with Netflix and anything with a 21st Century Fox symbol could disappear from Netflix over time too. Disney is now the elephant in the room on streaming and I think their user projections are conservative. Bundled with this announcement coming at the same time as Netflix raises prices and offering the Disney+ for $70/year ($5.83/month) and they just shot across the bow of the streaming industry.
gougler08
AG
Damn, guess the investor day worked out well for DIS (and NFLX down 2% PM)
shiphunt
AG
DIS opens at 127. Wow
shiphunt
AG
Whatever you do, don't look at how much your 115 calls would be worth now!
leoj
AG
Those DIS APR 18 $115 calls are at $13.80, if anyone held on to them.
leoj
AG
Too late lol
tlepoC
AG
Up 1700% on my Disney calls. Umm...sell?
TombstoneTex
AG
Disney!!!!!!
Rice and Fries
Prognightmare said:

Maybe KMI will get scooped up next...

Looking at CVX calls now
leoj
AG
Here is a REIT article for those that were interested in starting to research some stocks.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4254067-7-best-reits-can-buy-today
ProgN
I'm looking for Ranger (I think).

Wasn't you that said you'd be a buyer of CRON when it got back to these levels? If so, what is your opinion of a good entry price?
gougler08
AG
Markets are strong, my portfolio is a bunch of meh
mrad85
AG
I'm stuck holding a bunch of HEAR waiting for it to do something. I'm afraid it's going to be a while
WestTexAg12
AG
leoj said:

Those DIS APR 18 $115 calls are at $13.80, if anyone held on to them.

I hate myself...
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
docaggie
AG
I jumped in and out of a quick 4/18 BA call. Kinda made me a bit nervous and the price rose a buck in the five minutes I left the room and I thought I'd missed a window before it waned then waxed again for a quick profit.

Only just started trading options and haven't done one that short! Gotta get some steelier nerves for this stuff.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
pacecar02
APPL's GONNA MaKe IT DAMN IT!!

jk
Aggie09Derek
AG
Closed out of my Anadarko stock i've had for a few years

don't want to risk for some reason this deal not going through (small chance I know)
Rice and Fries
Aggie09Derek said:

Closed out of my Anadarko stock i've had for a few years

don't want to risk for some reason this deal not going through (small chance I know)
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/12/occidental-bid-more-than-70-a-share-for-anadarko-and-is-now-considering-options-sources.html
leoj
AG
Not a bad little development
First Page Last Page
Page 460 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.