Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,055,694 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by cryption
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Ride sharing giant Lyft came to the market on Thursday, as the company beat rival Uber to the market in one of the biggest and most closely watched initial public offerings of the year.

The company began trading on the Nasdaq at $72 per share, according to The Wall Street Journal, giving Lyft a valuation of over $20 billion in the booming market for car sharing.
Uber's valuation will be significantly higher than Lyft's, but I actually like Lyft a lot more as a company and I think they're managed much better with better room for growth.
leoj
AG
Both will be very overvalued
FrioAg 00
AG
I personally don't see this as an IPO for capital infusion needed for growth - both companies exhausted the steep parts of their growth curve without going public, and expansion isn't capital intensive in this business anyway once you get past the software infrastructure.

This is a "cash out" IMO, which means the people selling (who have the best information) believe it will trade above their personal valuation for it.

I'm sure they'll get the standard 15% above offer price in the short term, but no way I'd touch these
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

jmcfar_98 said:

Ride sharing giant Lyft came to the market on Thursday, as the company beat rival Uber to the market in one of the biggest and most closely watched initial public offerings of the year.

The company began trading on the Nasdaq at $72 per share, according to The Wall Street Journal, giving Lyft a valuation of over $20 billion in the booming market for car sharing.
Uber's valuation will be significantly higher than Lyft's, but I actually like Lyft a lot more as a company and I think they're managed much better with better room for growth.
uber makes 5x the revenue. No way they IPO for $370 per
IrishTxAggie
AG
Valuation. Not individual share price.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Valuation. Not individual share price.
of course Uber is "valued" more than Lyft, they make 5x the revenue. They should be "undervalued" compared to Lyft unless you think they IPO at 5x Lyft. At which case they would be valued equally.
pfo
AG
I never believe anything in "seeking alpha".

The chances of those guys knowing something everybody else doesn't is almost zero in my book.

The chances that shorts use it to manipulate stocks is huge in my opinion.

Just think about. If someone has real inside information no one else has, are they going to give the information away for free to the public in a "seeking alpha" article? I think not. The much more likely scenario is they are doing the exact opposite of what they suggested you do.
ProgN
pfo said:

The chances of those guys knowing something everybody else doesn't is almost zero in my book.

Just think about. If someone has real inside information no one else has, are they going to give the information away for free to the public in a "seeking alpha" article? I think not. The much more likely scenario is they are doing the exact opposite of what they suggested you do.
That's what the charts are showing too.
badharambe
AG

Couldn't agree with this more. Anything other than day trading these guys is not something I'm looking into.
SECAg13
AG
JD broke through $29.70 and is pushing towards $30 pre-market.
ProgN
Futures jumped on possible forward progress on a China deal. That and today is the last day of the 1st qtr. Mutual funds will do some window dressing before quarterly statements go out.
ProgN
badharambe said:

Couldn't agree with this more. Anything other than day trading these guys is not something I'm looking into.
CNBC just said if it opens at $75 it will be worth the same as United air and Best Buy. I'd only trade it but that's still iffy.

oldarmy1
AG
jayelbee said:

oldarmy1 said:

INTC Cup & Handle. It's a BIG one this time. Long cycle of developing the cup. Handle forming now. April 18th gives us good amount of time to see it play out.

3 weeks out seems like a relatively short time line for a cup that formed over 10 months. Can you provide some addition insight? Would love to understand why you're so bullish.

The pattern gives us ranges that are more predictable while waiting for an eventual breakout. To achieve 95 cents doesn't require a breakout, it only needs to move off of lower range above $54.25 3 weeks out. It would need to move above $54.50 by midweek and $54.75 by next Friday (2weeks).

So we are trading the defined range up to last $55 it hit last week versus requiring being 100% bullish.. Make sense?

I took 100 at 40 cents and another 100 at 34 cents. I can either sell 100 along the way to reduce my avg 37 cent entry, sell that 100 at 74 cents for a no risk 100, sell that 100 at my target 95 cents locking in a guaranteed gain and hold the other 100 to see if markets do breakout giving me a much higher ROI than 108%.

If I had taken 100 only at 40 cent I would have same decision at 80 cent, or 95 target, etc. if I bought 10 same thing. It's all risk mgmt.

And to the poster asking about stop/loss, 25 cents.

If you look back on AAPL I posted 50% exit once target exit had been broken upward on a volume spike. I was then in a position to watch the markets at highs of the day, and trend highs, but didn't see volume flooding in typical of continuation. Therefore I posted that I was exiting the other half, and would look to re-enter on pullback. I did-it did and I'm in another AAPL call.

Hope this helps
oldarmy1
AG
FYI...just filled sells of last JD trading bought under the $27.50 basing. That takes JD Total ROI to 183% on the year.

gougler08
AG
ALGN up big today...up almost 40% in the past month, thanks as always for the good nuggets OA!

I'm looking for it to gap fill and then throwing a stop loss on it from there
oldarmy1
AG
Day 2 of spotted red/green SUM reversal spot on.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

ALGN up big today...up almost 40% in the past month, thanks as always for the good nuggets OA!

I'm looking for it to gap fill and then throwing a stop loss on it from there
It will break $300 on a flash move eventually. Then its decision time.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

pfo said:

That's what the charts are showing too.
What charts do you focus on?
oldarmy1
AG
DIS looking to have a upside down day. Pop to new reversal trend high before moving lower. Markets break and run and it will come all the way back and move on upward. Markets hold serve for today and it ranges but keeps technical chart intact for more upside.
gougler08
AG
JD breaking out
dlp3719
AG
Hi OA -

Thank you for teaching us. I've been reading this thread since about page 300 but finally joining some trades.

I have some trading and investing experience (but not technical). I ordered the book in the first post.

So on the stop loss at $0.25 for INTC calls on a ~$0.40 entry. How did you come up with that? Resistance levels on the underlying stock, tolerance for loss or something else?

Also, how do you size your trades? 200 contracts is about a $8,000 position (actual not nominal) on a high confidence trade. Do you size your trade relative to total investable assets or relative to the volume in the instrument?

Thanks!
pacecar02
oldarmy1 said:

FYI...just filled sells of last JD trading bought under the $27.50 basing. That takes JD Total ROI to 183% on the year.

pretty heavy action so far this morning
oldarmy1
AG
pacecar02 said:

oldarmy1 said:

pretty heavy action so far this morning
Short term trading shares taking advantage of the most predictable technical. All other shares held tightly for a continuation move upward.
oldarmy1
AG
dlp3719 said:

Hi OA -

Thank you for teaching us. I've been reading this thread since about page 300 but finally joining some trades.

I have some trading and investing experience (but not technical). I ordered the book in the first post.

So on the stop loss at $0.25 for INTC calls on a ~$0.40 entry. How did you come up with that? Resistance levels on the underlying stock, tolerance for loss or something else?

Also, how do you size your trades? 200 contracts is about a $8,000 position (actual not nominal) on a high confidence trade. Do you size your trade relative to total investable assets or relative to the volume in the instrument?

Thanks!
Yes, factored lowest support range and used analysis to what that would look like on the premium valuation when broken.
oldarmy1
AG
DE $160 calls IN DA MONEY HONEY!
oldarmy1
AG
It ain't sexy but its been a money maker. GG trend chart solid. Note the 200/50 crossover signaling the fall. Now the averages are coming close to crossing back to the green up arrow. That would give it a boost for larger payoff on all those buys called out late last year.

oldarmy1
AG
S&P with the intraday "saucer". Break on through 2832 and all your Call option dreams will come true.

oldarmy1
AG
Sold $160 Strike DE @$4
Colt98
AG
Question on JD. I have 200 Shares at a $24 cost basis. Would it be a good time to sell 100 shares now or write the $30 calls? To lock in some profit? Edit.. If I sold them I was going to buy some APPL 195 calls.
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

Question on JD. I have 200 Shares at a $24 cost basis. Would it be a good time to sell 100 shares now or write the $30 calls? To lock in some profit?
200 shares I'd simply hold. It has a technical breakout. If wanting to make a move then sell the April 18th $30 Strikes above $1 for net $31.10 on 100 giving you a $7+ return and nice cushion.
Ragoo
AG
Keep holding.
oldarmy1
AG
To the PM on why I sold DE. This is why I chose to sell it. Options are based on momentum premium. I saw the H&S developing and exited. It could go to $265 but I am trading the predicted analytics when exiting. I did buy the $262.50 April 18's on this pullback.

oldarmy1
AG
Bought 100k CX $4.62 with a stop at $4.45
AggiePeeps06
AG
I assume you mean you bought 162.50
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

I assume you mean you bought 162.50
Gah! Yes, the $162.50 Strikes.

Did I mention I multi-task?
First Page Last Page
Page 443 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.