Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,895 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought BA this morning for a long term hold.
spud1910
AG
Me too. My first option trade.
ProgN
E said:

I'm in as well. Don't know what im doing, but fugg it!
ALL ABOARD?????

I like the conviction my friend.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I was considering buying PUTS on CGC, but it went and set up a daily hammer (if it holds) after the Financial Services Committee passed a bill granting safe harbor to banks dealing with the legal weed industry. Not my favorite candle, but could be a reversal. Def. positive news for the industry.

edit: In case it wasn't clear, I'm not buying PUTS at the moment.
ProgN
FWIW, 3 of the graphs I follow are showing accumulate/buy for NIO right now. I'm in the 5/17 $5 strike calls.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

FWIW, 3 of the graphs I follow are showing accumulate/buy for NIO right now. I'm in the 5/17 $5 strike calls.
That's probably a pretty solid options date. What is your average cost on them?
ProgN
.57 bought just the other day. It's a page or 2 back
ProgN
I think it wants to get back into that $6-8 trading range.
dlp3719
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buy INTC $55 April 18th calls to sell at 95 cents is my guarantee pick

(DISCLAIMER) Although every guarantee selection has been correct, it is NOT a guarantee OR I PAY.

Trade at your own risk. Not investment advice.

I bought 100 contracts at $0.42.

Do you set a stop? Are you comfortable saying where?
mrad85
AG
I'm hoping the worst is over for HEAR, it's quietly digging itself out of this grave.

Of all the hack trades I've done, this one still confuses me. It looked very promising to do great things, but the bottom fell out.

I'll be glad to get my money back and move on to greener pastures.
tramaro1
AG
dlp3719 said:

oldarmy1 said:

(DISCLAIMER) Although every guarantee selection has been correct, it is NOT a guarantee OR I PAY.

He said sell at .95
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
tramaro1 said:

dlp3719 said:

oldarmy1 said:

He said sell at .95
I think dlp was referring to a stop loss.
tramaro1
AG
Ahh gotcha, you are prob right
gougler08
AG
NIO or SUM to buy more and lower my cost base some?
shiphunt
AG
Market (and INTC) takes dump immediately after Texags expresses bullish sentiment

Nonetheless might hop on those INTC calls if it fills the Tuesday gap
EngrAg14
AG
Any ideas whats spooking the market?
Today was looking like a good day
IrishTxAggie
AG
shiphunt said:

Market (and INTC) takes dump immediately after Texags expresses bullish sentiment

Nonetheless might hop on those INTC calls if it fills the Tuesday gap
That's because someone follows this thread and shorts the **** out of us every time someone posts a bullish comment...
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Seeing a buy on the 1-min INTC charts. C'mon...

Consolidating, hate the 1-min charts sometimes.
FJB
AG
oldarmy1 said:

CT-11 said:

Looks like NIO is heading down to join its friends RRTS, SN, MNGA, BBOX, HEAR., etc

Lesson learned here is stop trying to play these junk stocks lol
I'd argue NIO isn't in the same category as the high risk/high reward stack with the others. That said, when I post that I'm selling half of my shares at $10.50 that gain, on top of previous gains, creates an entirely different perspective.

All of the news is against the sector right now. No China deal, reduction of subsidies by UK/China, post lock-up kicks in. It's a pressure cycle no doubt, so the question remains "Is China the largest market for EV technology?" Long term that is a huge yes.
I made money on JD. Tip of the hat to you OA.
Who is John Galt?

oldarmy1
AG
DIS options looking fine. Green red 3rd day move higher. One of the easier red/green stocks for traders. This last one was huge volume which generally means larger moves ahead.

oldarmy1
AG
The GDP revision hit the markets earlier but after that initial hit money flows have been on the buy side. No rips.

oldarmy1
AG
INTC Cup & Handle. It's a BIG one this time. Long cycle of developing the cup. Handle forming now. April 18th gives us good amount of time to see it play out.

oldarmy1
AG
HEAR red/green in play. Should head higher. Buy the pullbacks above $11

oldarmy1
AG
That friend I mentioned is buying 250k shares of CDE today. Part of his Gold strategy long term.
oldarmy1
AG
HEAR on the move.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought 10k shares of IAT. Regional Banks took it on the chin but found support and has a perfect flag pattern formed. I also think we'll see some acquisition/merger activity soon, which will further fuel the shares.
Post removed:
by user
E
AG
Seekingalpha put out a hit piece on NIO
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Lemme guess - Scam all wrapped around China's struggles, trade deal and money required for a manufacturer. Am I close?
E
AG
Pretty much, but this one seems more personal from the writer, calling NIO "a cash-incinerating machine par excellence". I think the writer has some serious butt hurt.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4251562-nio-will-end-tears
ProgN
E said:

Annnnddd, it's not selling off. That's actually a good sign that a bottom has been reached.
cgh1999
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought 10k shares of IAT. Regional Banks took it on the chin but found support and has a perfect flag pattern formed. I also think we'll see some acquisition/merger activity soon, which will further fuel the shares.

I agree completely. I work for a regional bank and have seen my shares drop over 35% in spite of strong performance. One of my biggest holdings is CADE which has been absolutely hammered. IMO it is one of the best banks and should be in the mid-20's quickly if the pressure on banks subsides even slightly b
ProgN
Are any TD Ameritrade users having problems with their Dow, SPX and Nasdaq not updating?

My are not updating and it's pissing me off.
ProgN
Quote:

By Jack Hough

Buy Walt Disney shares (DIS) ahead of the company's April 11 investor day presentation, advises RBC Capital analyst Steven Cahall. The stock's next move could follow changes to Wall Street's earnings estimates, and those could hinge on the economics of a streaming service that launches later this year. Disney is likely to have more to say about that at its presentation, which will take place in Burbank, Calif.

The back story. Cahall expects Disney to show off an "impressive" user interface for the new streaming service, called Disney+, and trailers for its original content. "We also think it will quantify some discrete cost items such as content spending, marketing, and tech," he wrote in a Thursday report. "And, we think it will further detail foregone licensing revenues with a rate of decay that's better than the bears contemplate."

What's new. There is more to watch than streaming. In films, Disney is coming off a recent win with Captain Marvel and approaching the April 27 release of Avengers: Endgame. At the parks, there are vast new Star Wars lands that open May 31 at Disneyland in California and Aug. 29 at Disney World in Florida. A recently completed purchase of film and television assets from Fox is expected to yield cost savings, especially at the studios. Cahall expects $2 billion in yearly "synergies" from the deal by 2022.
Quote:

Uncertainty over just how far estimates will fall has put a lid on the stock price. Disney is little changed this year, even though the S&P 500 is up 12%. Shares were up 0.6%, to $110.94, Thursday morning.

Looking ahead. Cahall expects the investor day presentation to serve as a clearing event for earnings estimates. If he's right, the Street will come down to somewhere between $6.50 and $7.00 in projected earnings for fiscal 2020, alleviating fears of a bigger decline. He expects shares to rise to $120 in the near term and $140 over the next year.
jmcfar_98
AG
Ride sharing giant Lyft came to the market on Thursday, as the company beat rival Uber to the market in one of the biggest and most closely watched initial public offerings of the year.

The company began trading on the Nasdaq at $72 per share, according to The Wall Street Journal, giving Lyft a valuation of over $20 billion in the booming market for car sharing.
First Page Last Page
Page 442 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.