Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,076,831 Views | 224428 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by El_duderino
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

What are some decent medium term options you guys are looking at? Want to try and get in now before what looks like a move up in the market...
CSCO $55 out to mid April
oldarmy1
AG
SOLD V calls. Woot!!!
gougler08
AG
What do we think of SONO? Getting near that ~9.50 resistance line and seems like it would have good upside at this level
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

What do we think of SONO? Getting near that ~9.50 resistance line and seems like it would have good upside at this level
IKEA will be selling SONO Speakers beginning next month. That will give it a lift but from where? As posted, I didn't buy on $10 flash and really not sure how, or if, I'll take a position. The rounded pattern on the attempted reversal recently is troubling.
oldarmy1
AG
When is AMZN going to make its huge move? Sideways since the V bottom recovery for over 3 months now.
Ragoo
AG
Same for NFLX
oldarmy1
AG
Someone bought over 750 DIS $115 Calls at 77-80 cents. Didn't know I had that impact.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Same for NFLX
So true. They'll retest these sideways highs on market breakout but the last two continued trend moves on the macro markets haven't been enough to break them out. Yet when they do - oh my.
Colt98
AG
I bought 20.
E
AG
Did NIO hit its floor of $5.80? I sure hope thats it.
oldarmy1
AG
As I was typing to get ready for markets to rumble on the DIS chart - it started. Another Friday breakout. Amazing!

La Bamba
AG
E said:

Did NIO hit its floor of $5.80? I sure hope thats it.

Sure hope so. That looked to be a historical support level (OA correct me if I'm wrong). Anything below that and we would hit the all time low. I nibbled some more at 5.80.
gougler08
AG
Historical low was at 5.60, but was just a flash so this should be around that historical support level overall
Ragoo
AG
Anyone taking puts on BBBY? Looks like it could pull back to the $10 range.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SOLD V calls. Woot!!!
Holy smokes the bid is up to $1.32. I couldn't have managed that trade any worse. Next time.

Great call OA!
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM new all-time high.
oldarmy1
AG
VIX broke down below $13 finally. $11's would be bull resumption levels taking out the markets all-time highs.

oldarmy1
AG
For you 100% gain people in less than a few hours DIS is likely to magnet flash above $115 for your premium pop enjoyment exit!
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

For you 100% gain people in less than a few hours DIS is likely to magnet flash above $115 for your premium pop enjoyment exit!

I tried to purchase at $.70 before I boarded a plane. It didn't go through. I land in Houston, and it's now up to $1.30. Fml
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Makes me feel better about HEAR. Thank you. Have a great weekend.
Ragoo
AG
gotsand said:

oldarmy1 said:

SOLD V calls. Woot!!!
Holy smokes the bid is up to $1.32. I couldn't have managed that trade any worse. Next time.

Great call OA!
sold my .25 @ .75 and then watch it go up another .62.

Money is money.
oldarmy1
AG
Ok - DIS entries have moved up 100% so I don't want a single post about mismanaging an option trade. Even if you bought at $0.70 you could sell it at $1.33 right now.

Just understand that the market has hit a breakout signal for trending higher so DIS has a high probability of finally breaking out and turning a 63 cent investment into $5....it's all about risk tolerance and capital standing.

DollahBillzYo!
At some point if you sell enough calls against an asset - you eventually reach a point where you recoup much of the underlying cost of the asset itself. At some point the volatility of the asset isn't much of a concern.

The market is pretty volatile - it is not uncommon for assets to swing a few points each way in a day or week timeframe. A month seems an eternity right now.
gougler08
AG
All you gamer stock guys...what are your thoughts on EA?
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

When is AMZN going to make its huge move? Sideways since the V bottom recovery for over 3 months now.
Just had some volumes come in...
oldarmy1
AG
FYI....I sold 43% of my DIS calls for a net free holding. A one week out option that moves over 100%+ for you in a day is too good to pass up.

Hammer chart today if it holds says odds are it breaks out, so this is just me trading like I do.

$1.40 sells

E
AG
Man I wish I knew about and how to do options as well as yall do.

I'll keep paying attention and learning!

Just got approved on Robinhood to do options so I'll start doing little trades to get my feet wet
oldarmy1
AG
DIS breaking above 3 day high.
oldarmy1
AG
SONO with a nice rebound back to $10. If you bought you want to see continuation by Monday above $10.30 and it will take off higher.

I didn't enter a trade on this one.
Ragoo
AG
I decided to take a DIS long position in my ROTH this morning. I intend to hold for 15 years or more.
gougler08
AG
So I'm new to selling options so can someone confirm I understand this right? I'm ok with having a medium/long position on MU and am looking to enter, but don't want the risk of an earnings fall.

If I sell a put option then if earnings are strong and the stock goes up, I pocket the premium but don't own any stock. If earnings make the stop dip and I'm called out, I then take the shares at whatever price it ends up being right but have still earned the premium, so some of my loss is defrayed right?
Wiggletrace
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FYI....I sold 43% of my DIS calls for a net free holding. A one week out option that moves over 100%+ for you in a day is too good to pass up.

Hammer chart today if it holds says odds are it breaks out, so this is just me trading like I do.

$1.40 sells

As advised, I took my 100+% gain and exited...

Looking for my next trade...
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

So I'm new to selling options so can someone confirm I understand this right? I'm ok with having a medium/long position on MU and am looking to enter, but don't want the risk of an earnings fall.

If I sell a put option then if earnings are strong and the stock goes up, I pocket the premium but don't own any stock. If earnings make the stop dip and I'm called out, I then take the shares at whatever price it ends up being right but have still earned the premium, so some of my loss is defrayed right?
This is correct
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

I decided to take a DIS long position in my ROTH this morning. I intend to hold for 15 years or more.
You just like the whole Star Wars stuff don't ya?
oldarmy1
AG
Nearly 24k NIO $6 Calls April 18's. I'm buying 50 of those at $0.36
First Page Last Page
Page 429 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.