Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,874 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by jagvocate
CheladaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NIO will be on 60 minutes this Sunday. Could see a squeeze before the close.
oldarmy1
AG
boyz05 said:

NIO will be on 60 minutes this Sunday. Could see a squeeze before the close
Big Options volume on March 15. $9 highest call with $7 largest volume Put. Big traders spread trades for reaction. 15 cent on the $9 might not be a bad trade if the broadcast is positive.

oldarmy1
AG
New intraday high on S&P. Need 2790 for 2800 magnet rule.
SECAg13
AG
Out of Roku at $59.15. It went higher, but I can't complain about 10% in two days. Now waiting for the pull back.
Ragoo
AG
SECAg13 said:

Out of Roku at $59.15. It went higher, but I can't complain about 10% in two days. Now waiting for the pull back.
i will be out of 400 shares at 48 and another 500 at 55.

I will be completely net free and then some on 200 shares for a forever planted hold.
Colt98
AG
Yes I sold the 56 weeklys.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

SECAg13 said:

I will be completely net free and then some on 200 shares for a forever planted hold.
APPLAUSE HEARD AROUND THE WORLD!

NET FREE HOLDINGS FTW!!!
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

SECAg13 said:

NET FREE HOLDINGS FTW!!!
that $62 price today compared to my covered call at $48 has me

Leaving about $10/share on the table against the premium collected.
Ranger222
AG
SNAP finally making its move. Big accumulation around $9 now, have been buying April 9 C that are finally paying off.

AMRN also big 10%+ move today on buyout rumors. Also another one I have been accumulating. Big breakout there.
oldarmy1
AG
Darn HEAR

Needs to hold above $15.22
Wiggletrace
AG
oldarmy1 said:

boyz05 said:

Big Options volume on March 15. $9 highest call with $7 largest volume Put. Big traders spread trades for reaction. 15 cent on the $9 might not be a bad trade if the broadcast is positive.

I just bought my first ever option. $9 C for 3/15

It's worth a roll of the dice.
EngrAg14
AG
OA1
S&P500 has resistance at 2800 correct?
Trying to figure out how best to play today if some puts for SPY around 277-278 would be wise for next week for a resistance based push back to those levels before a res test around middle of march.

I believe it took 3-4 weeks last time to break the 2800 mark before it took off
oldarmy1
AG
EngrAg14 said:

OA1
S&P500 has resistance at 2800 correct?
Trying to figure out how best to play today if some puts for SPY around 277-278 would be wise for next week for a resistance based push back to those levels before a res test around middle of march.

I believe it took 3-4 weeks last time to break the 2800 mark before it took off
Yes, it flashed above 2800 just as we had discussed was probable. If we're going to breakout then any pullback should be short-lived
UpstateAg
AG
Has anyone read the IQ earnings report? I did not expect this much of a spike from what I read.
tlepoC
AG
Damn, sold my SNAP 7.5 2/22 calls this morning. Still a great gain.
jmcfar_98
AG
Subscriber increase of 37mm. With the streaming companies it's normally based on how many new new subscribers. Q4 loss but revenues up along with new additions.
gigemJTH12
AG
DE up again today. Should I hold?
oldarmy1
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

DE up again today. Should I hold?
Shares I hold. Options I sell.
oldarmy1
AG
All of you who joined in on the 80 cents area on NIO $7 naked puts - I think we are home free to receive full preimum decay.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Have a sell order placed for my 3/15 $8 calls on NIO. 100% ROI in 3 days if it fills.

Filled. Now selling 3/15 $8 cc. For $.60 if it fills
khkman22
AG
Ragoo said:

oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

SECAg13 said:

NET FREE HOLDINGS FTW!!!
that $62 price today compared to my covered call at $48 has me

Leaving about $10/share on the table against the premium collected.
At least you managed to get in at the right times to have some net free shares. You could always be me.

Stuck with a $50 short put in December after rolling from November. Entered a $40/$45 short put vertical expiring in December in early November. After the dip below $40 and then coming back a little shortly after, I figured I was safe on the $45 put not being exercised so I sold my $40 put just after Thanksgiving.

Then December happened and I didn't have enough free cash to average down. Sold $50 4/18 calls in late December and January 2. Bought each back the next day for an average 25% return for those two one-day periods. January 4 when it is up 12% I figure it is the perfect time to sell another one and buy back soon after when it will "obviously pull back." Following Monday is the 25% jump and I never felt like chasing it. Figured I would just ride it out and live with my stupidity.

I hate to see what OA would say about selling cc 100 days out. I'll return 21.5% in 6 months or less when finally called out, but what could have been...
gougler08
AG
JD with a strong day
oldarmy1
AG
Now aren't you glad we sold CDE?

Rinse and repeat entry once the selling dries up
Philip J Fry
AG
Bought Roku at 48. Time to sell?
gougler08
AG
Ugh, I had money come in 2 days after that jump up to 40 a few weeks back and I didn't buy then thinking it may come back down...damn damn damn
tramaro1
AG
Anyone playing AABA on the upcoming earnings announcement on Monday?
SW AG80
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I sold 400 shares this morning and am still holding 600 shares It has taken me years to learn this is a good strategy. I got in at $41/share so have a nice profit plus still have some upside left, potentially.
khkman22
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Curious as to OA's thoughts in this scenario to buy a put to protect to the downside while also selling out of the money covered calls to try to earn a little better return and lock in a net selling price as close to current share price as possible, with the premium from the calls increasing the effective exercise price of the put.

Is that a type of straddle you ever execute OA? Haven't looked at premiums for this type of trade before, so it may not make sense when seeing the numbers, just something that sounds like a possibility when thinking about it.
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Curious as to OA's thoughts in this scenario to buy a put to protect to the downside while also selling out of the money covered calls to try to earn a little better return and lock in a net selling price as close to current share price as possible, with the premium from the calls increasing the effective exercise price of the put.

Is that a type of straddle you ever execute OA? Haven't looked at premiums for this type of trade before, so it may not make sense when seeing the numbers, just something that sounds like a possibility when thinking about it.
Absolutely on shares you've hit the jackpot on. Look to give away a little more on the down side by making a little more on the total straddle, since the odds are the stock might go through a consolidation phase but not a complete reversal. You protect against the unknown impact of a complete reversal.

oldarmy1
AG
I did get ROKU $64 covered calls in place out a week on the last minute spike towards $65. Premium move was just too good to pass up.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

JD with a strong day
Note that JD moves to resistance have occurred on the push towards markets trend highs. It clearly is not going to break and run unsupported by macro markets like ROKU did - yet its behaving exactly as a trend upward stock would be expected to behave.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

boyz05 said:

FYI....Anyone who bought this at 15 cents this morning had a 100% ROI this afternoon.

$0.30 x $035 at the close

IrishTxAggie
AG
I sold $8 3/15 right before the close for $.6
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Great call. Thank you.

I purchased the $9c but stepped away from my screen for real work and missed the EOD run-up. Still holding them. I'm at the mercy of CBS news now, ugh. Hopefully, they aren't using 9 year olds to assemble their car batteries.

And, Robert Kraft couldn't buy a squeeze on HEAR.
UpstateAg
AG
Does anyone watch CBS though?
First Page Last Page
Page 403 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.