Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,010,724 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Wiggletrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

boyz05 said:

NIO will be on 60 minutes this Sunday. Could see a squeeze before the close
Big Options volume on March 15. $9 highest call with $7 largest volume Put. Big traders spread trades for reaction. 15 cent on the $9 might not be a bad trade if the broadcast is positive.

FYI....Anyone who bought this at 15 cents this morning had a 100% ROI this afternoon.

$0.30 x $035 at the close

Me! Me! Me!
oldarmy1
AG
Wiggletrace said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

boyz05 said:

NIO will be on 60 minutes this Sunday. Could see a squeeze before the close
Big Options volume on March 15. $9 highest call with $7 largest volume Put. Big traders spread trades for reaction. 15 cent on the $9 might not be a bad trade if the broadcast is positive.

FYI....Anyone who bought this at 15 cents this morning had a 100% ROI this afternoon.

$0.30 x $035 at the close

Me! Me! Me!

Something tells me NIO is gonna bust a move early Monday.
aggiehunter3
AG
I'm drinking Blanton's tonight. Thanks ROKU. Wish I would have doubled down in the low 30s.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I don't mind getting called on my calls because it would be ~35% in four weeks, but I'd like a brief pullback to buy them back. I've made a nice mint playing NIO options these past couple weeks.
SW AG80
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

I'm drinking Blanton's tonight. Thanks ROKU. Wish I would have doubled down in the low 30s.
And thanks to the Aggie who developed that technology and started and is CEO of ROKU!
Post removed:
by user
leoj
AG
Trump just postponed the deadline for the tariff extensions. Seems like the market will react very favorably, it hints at a full agreement to be reached eventually given the progress so far.
La Bamba
AG
JD and Nio both up big premarket.
oldarmy1
AG
Congrats to all mass accumulators of NIO and JD.

Ain't it fun?

UpstateAg
AG
Wonder if it has a pullback before 3/15.
J_Landes89
AG
So, good that I've been accumulating NIO, but the run up is hurting my April $7 strike puts, right?

Or am I thinking backwards again??
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
I've got a little over 500 shares of JD at 25.99 per. This is the first I've been green since I bought 6 months ago which tempts me to take small profit. Especially after I lost my rear on AVEO. But if I don't need the money, would it be smart to leave it another 3-6-9 months?
Martin Q. Blank
I bought NIO at $8.20. Sell when market opens?
Aggie_2463
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

10% quick turn profit never hurt anybody. It all depends on if you're happy with that or not.
tailgatetimer10
AG
chrisfield said:

I've got a little over 500 shares of JD at 25.99 per. This is the first I've been green since I bought 6 months ago which tempts me to take small profit. Especially after I lost my rear on AVEO. But if I don't need the money, would it be smart to leave it another 3-6-9 months?

He's gonna advise a covered call I'm sure
IrishTxAggie
AG
Wonder if I'll get called out on my 3/15 calls sooner rather than later...
IrishTxAggie
AG
GE booming after announcing plans to sell off their biopharma unit
mrad85
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

GE booming after announcing plans to sell off their biopharma unit
They already got rid of transportation to Wabtec. WAB's earning call is going on now.
UpstateAg
AG
Same boat. I'm fine with that. It'll go lower again sometime soon.
jmcfar_98
AG
boyz05 said:

NIO will be on 60 minutes this Sunday. Could see a squeeze before the close.

Did anybody watch 60 minutes last night. Forgot all about it as the family was watching all of the Pre Oscar stuff.

Read an article that said it was positive.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3436352-nio-gets-boost-60-minutes-promos-positive-piece
leoj
AG
Wanted to throw this stock out on your radars. First saw this mentioned on TD and have kept an eye on it since.

Kemet (KEM)

IrishTxAggie
AG
I don't mind. It will be a nice little profit in ~3 weeks.
Martin Q. Blank
Aggie_2463 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

10% quick turn profit never hurt anybody. It all depends on if you're happy with that or not.
Sold @ $9. I'm happy.
silvey77
AG

I am about to post my entire research and synopsis on Turtle Beach. I was waiting for today because I needed more money to clear my brokerage account. It will be extremely lengthy (4 pages on word) but it is worth the read. Thanks and Gig 'em
No man in the wrong can stand against a man in the right that keeps on a comin'
UpstateAg
AG
Got some cheap 8 3/15 puts.
silvey77
AG
Current Share price $15.54 Market Cap $225M --- Expectation $35-$40 per share
Research and Synopsis on Turtle Beach
Up until January, I had never heard of Turtle Beach, and as a small time investor, my first visual of the company came when I had noticed that the gaming segment was going up and put about 100 shares into Logitech before their Q4 earnings report. It came out positive; Logitech went on CNN's Mad Money and I made about 10% before I sold it approximately 5-6 days after purchase. I wasn't really looking, but my news feed showed Turtle Beach because it was a similar company. I looked at it for 20 seconds, noticed the stock was relatively flat the past 2 months, when others were dropping, and dismissed it because I was looking for companies that had a recent precipitous drop. I did notice that the market cap was $225 million though, and moved on.

About a week after this, I was walking around the mall with my 10 year old daughter and I walked into a gaming store. As I looked around, I noticed headsets prominently displayed, and knowing it was a gaming accessory, I asked what headsets sell the most. The worker went into how he thinks Plantronics make the best headsets because they worked with NASA. (Definitely not investing in Plantronics) While there, a guy I know from church walked in (chick-fil-a worker on break) and said "You don't even play video games, what are you doing in her?" I replied, "You are right, I don't, but I am looking for companies to possibly invest in." He says, "If you are looking at gaming headsets, Turtle Beach is the best around and they have been for years." I say "Did you know their entire company is priced around $225 Million?" and he says "That is really low, I would have guessed at least double that."
I then make it a mission to find out as much about Turtle Beach as possible because as my friend said, "I don't play video games." I went asking around at a youth event at church to see what gaming headsets they use (to about 25 youth). I got 5 Turtle Beach, 2 that had Razer (I think) but want Turtle Beach, 1 that had Astro (Logitech brand), and 15-20 that either didn't play video games or had no headset at all.
Now I am really curious, I go into Target to talk to electronics people and asked some dude about headset sales. He says, "I can actually show you data on my scanner." My eyes lit up! Real-time-data. He walks over and scans an item and I notice that Turtle Beach had sold $70k worth of this one headset (stealth 700x) on week-to-date. This is around the same time that APEX legends had launched, but no numbers were out yet.

I buy 500 shares.

On 2/13 (Wednesday) I go back to Target and get someone to help me with a scanner. I have him give me the week to date sales totals of every single Turtle Beach product, the result, week-to date $300k+.

I buy another 1000 shares.

I hear about APEX Legends getting huge numbers so I go back on 2/16 (Saturday) and get a new week-to-date number, $517K in sales.

Bought another 1200 shares.

I go in on Monday 2/18 and the week had reset on Saturday night or Sunday, so now I am thinking the $517k may not have included a Saturday. 2/18 number is $132K (Sunday sales, I think). I go in on 2/19 ($214K). I think this is Sunday and Monday sales, but definitely $82k for one day. I also am able to see the literal markup % of between 30% - 40% per product. I go in again on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday but am unable to access the numbers as the stockers and electronics people who have been helping me are now getting error messages when they try to access the data

I then go hunting for electronics sales info and find a chart from 2017 that shows the top 10 retailers for electronics.

#10 is Target.

Bought another 1250 shares.

I then went into a gamestop to ask questions, and heard at this store they were selling about $800-$1000 worth of Turtle Beach per week. I asked how many Gamestops there are in the USA. They said over 4,000 and we are one of the smallest stores in the area.
I then start calling Gamestops from all over the country

I call Philly, Boston, Alexandria VA, Alexandria LA, Lincoln, Rockford, Anaheim, San Jose, Oakland, Portland, Minneapolis, Greensboro, Greensville, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Atlanta, and many more that I cannot remember. This is what I gathered. The stores vary greatly in Turtle Beach sales. Some are around $150 per week, some are at almost $2,000. Over half said it was their largest mover for headsets. The average I believe is around $600-$800 per store. Their markup is also higher than Target with selling price marked up around 40%-50% over what they paid.
I also went into Best Buy, Walmart, and looked at Amazon and how recently people were rating the different versions of the headsets. Are they buying now??

The answer. YES
IrishTxAggie
AG
clifton06 said:

I am about to post my entire research and synopsis on Turtle Beach. I was waiting for today because I needed more money to clear my brokerage account. It will be extremely lengthy (4 pages on word) but it is worth the read. Thanks and Gig 'em
Sounds good!
deadbq03
AG
leoj said:

Wanted to throw this stock out on your radars. First saw this mentioned on TD and have kept an eye on it since.

Kemet (KEM)

I bought after the big dip in late Jan, and sold a couple weeks later... only because I was happy with the profit and I was overexposed to the sector (also had grabbed LITE around the same time and had a CC in AAOI). It's a great long and I'll be looking for an opportunity to jump back in now that I'm out of those other two.
silvey77
AG
Turtle Beach Data and background
4/24/15 Turtle Beach issued a $5.0M subordinated note(debt) to SG VTB Holdings at 10% for year 1 and 20% in the years following
SG VTB Holdings also had/has a large stake in the company 2.5M shares now down to 750K shares
In FY 15 and FY 16 impairment losses were taken on its hypersound business.
FY15
$50m in goodwill impairment
$2m intangible asset impairment

FY16
$31M in goodwill impairment
$38M in intangible assets impairment
In FY15/16 this $115M combined impairment was exacerbated by $27M in operating loss between the two years.
In FY17 after negative NI for the first three quarters the gaming segment begins to take off and Turtle Beach has a $1.16 EPS for Q42017
This news was not enough to make the company comfortable compliance wise with NASDAQ and needing to hold a $1 share price and knowing that Sales were increasing, the company issued a 1 to 4 reverse stock split in April of 2018. Shares outstanding 56M to 14M.
After this the FY18 Q1 results came in and beat guidance with a $0.16 per share EPS.
In July the company hit its peak share price since 2014 at $32 per share.
Q2 18 it beat estimates again by producing $.40 eps.
Q3 18 it beat estimates again $.91 eps.
During Q3 stock price falls that continues to the $15-$17 per share we see now.
In Q4 the subordinated note and other debt was eliminated by Cash flow reducing the interest burden by around $1.5 per annum.
There was also a renegotiation of the revolving credit with BofA that allowed the company to buy out all preferred shares that attributed to much of their short term debt. Revolver draw can be up to $80M of which $10M can be used for stock buyback.
Q4 18 it smashed consensus and guidance was raised three times to $1.31 per share.
FY18 annual sales $290M, NI $45M, EPS $2.90 per share.

Analysts FY19 expectations have Turtle Beach returning $.09 for Q1 and $1.63 for the year.
This poor guidance and other factors has caused the stock price to be valued between $15-$17 since November.
Other factors
SG VTB has unloaded over 1.6 million of their 2.5 million shares into the market (usually at $17+ per share) that has stopped rallies and caused the stock to yo-yo as they have always sold around 100k shares at a time and have unloaded as much as 250k shares in a week.
Analysts have not changed guidance for FY19 even after gaming data is showing growth.
Expectations for FY19 is $.09 for Q1 and $1.63 for the year.
Misinterpreted NPD data showing gaming accessories are down 10% YOY for Jan19.
NPD Jan18 was a 35 day cycle NPD Jan 19 was a 28 day cycle.
10% decline when extrapolated out over 5 weeks results in a 12% increase from last year.

Why this does not matter in the long term!!!
silvey77
AG
Math: All since Apex Legends release
Verified:
Target (verified) may or may not include Saturday, I am assuming it is included to be conservative:
$517,000 per week $380K after markup $380 x 1.35 = 513 (close enough)
$380K per week to Turtle Beach
Researched
Gamestop $600 per store (low range, it may be as high as 800) = about $400 to Turtle Beach because of markup. GameStop has over 4,000 stores in the U.S..
$400 X 4,000 = 1,600,000 per week

Estimated
Wal-Mart sells 4.5 x the number of electronics each year than Target, which makes sense because they have over 4x the number of stores.
Conservative Estimate $1.5M per week to Turtle Beach
Amazon has more electronics sales than Wal-Mart and most people playing online gaming are also shopping on-line, but Amazon also has way more products to offer including headsets.
Conservative Estimate $1.0M per week to Turtle Beach
Best Buy is also a major player in this and have almost as many electronics sales as Wal-Mart, but also offer computers and high end equipment that Walmart doesn't.
Conservative Estimate $400K per week to Turtle Beach
Total estimate for target, gamestop, Walmart, amazon, and best buy
$380 + 1600 + 1500+1000 + 400 = $4,880,000 per week for the time between 2/09 2/20

In FY17 roughly 28% of all revenue was international.
$4,880,000 x .28 = 1,365,000
1,365,000 + 4,880,000 = 6,245,000 per week in February 2019 excluding smaller retailers and turtlebeach.com.

Run rate that includes no Christmas season at all, but from February which is one of the slowest retail times of the year
$6.245M x 52 = $325M add in Christmas 4Q bump of $50M and that is my expectation $375M- $400M in revenue for FY19.

FY18 had eps of $2.90 on less than $300M revenue in FY18.

Debt interest and liabilities have been reduced. I am expecting $3.50-$4.00 EPS for the year and $.60 -$.75 for Q1, blowing away analysts expectation $1.63 for the year and $.09 for Q1.
Analysts Q1 Rev expectation is $36M - My expectation is between $55M - $70M
The company should hit close to $40 per share by summer if these numbers continue.
Today's price is $15.70 per share.
Added shares.
leoj
AG
It is a good long stock imo and has enough volatility to be a trading stock as well. Some of the swings over the last year have been crazy.
Aggie_2463
AG
clifton06 said:

Math: All since Apex Legends release
Verified:
Target (verified) may or may not include Saturday, I am assuming it is included to be conservative:
$517,000 per week $380K after markup $380 x 1.35 = 513 (close enough)
$380K per week to Turtle Beach
Researched
Gamestop $600 per store (low range, it may be as high as 800) = about $400 to Turtle Beach because of markup. GameStop has over 4,000 stores in the U.S..
$400 X 4,000 = 1,600,000 per week

Estimated
Wal-Mart sells 4.5 x the number of electronics each year than Target, which makes sense because they have over 4x the number of stores.
Conservative Estimate $1.5M per week to Turtle Beach
Amazon has more electronics sales than Wal-Mart and most people playing online gaming are also shopping on-line, but Amazon also has way more products to offer including headsets.
Conservative Estimate $1.0M per week to Turtle Beach
Best Buy is also a major player in this and have almost as many electronics sales as Wal-Mart, but also offer computers and high end equipment that Walmart doesn't.
Conservative Estimate $400K per week to Turtle Beach
Total estimate for target, gamestop, Walmart, amazon, and best buy
$380 + 1600 + 1500+1000 + 400 = $4,880,000 per week for the time between 2/09 2/20

In FY17 roughly 28% of all revenue was international.
$4,880,000 x .28 = 1,365,000
1,365,000 + 4,880,000 = 6,245,000 per week in February 2019 excluding smaller retailers and turtlebeach.com.

Run rate that includes no Christmas season at all, but from February which is one of the slowest retail times of the year
$6.245M x 52 = $325M add in Christmas 4Q bump of $50M and that is my expectation $375M- $400M in revenue for FY19.

FY18 had eps of $2.90 on less than $300M revenue in FY18.

Debt interest and liabilities have been reduced. I am expecting $3.50-$4.00 EPS for the year and $.60 -$.75 for Q1, blowing away analysts expectation $1.63 for the year and $.09 for Q1.
Analysts Q1 Rev expectation is $36M - My expectation is between $55M - $70M
The company should hit close to $40 per share by summer if these numbers continue.
Today's price is $15.70 per share.
Added shares.

I feel like I have identified Baller's source. I'm riding this train with you!
tramaro1
AG
What is going on with CX??
UpstateAg
AG
Come back to the 7s NIO....come to me....
Josepi
AG
Are Y'all talking about HEAR?
First Page Last Page
Page 404 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.