Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,066,555 Views | 224413 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by GreasenUSA
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SELLING 100% of EBAY CALLS
oldarmy1
AG
Buying DE weekly $160 calls.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P approaching 2800 magnet mark.
Aggie1205
AG
Good day for WMT. Did I miss some news on them?
IrishTxAggie
AG
E-commence sales up ~45%
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

CDE continues its push after breakout. GG moved up some and would be a good options candidate for $11.50 strikes out to March 15th.
Anyone join? Up 54% in a day.
Colt98
AG
I'm in on GG
oldarmy1
AG
Watching GILD for entry on weekly's. Bought a small $68 at 18 cent position because the chart looks solid for a continuation trend move off this consolidation day. Otherwise i'd sit on my hands and wait.
kylewhitener
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

CDE continues its push after breakout. GG moved up some and would be a good options candidate for $11.50 strikes out to March 15th.
Anyone join? Up 54% in a day.

Got in at $0.18, thanks!
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

I'm in on GG
Gold and Palladium hit new highs. I laid out accumulating all these stocks in December. Something is going on in the sector and I see speculation around what that might be since then. Everything from a new competitor to marking the dollar. Simple sector rotation coming back into favor and other speculations.

Doesn't really matter as long as they keep trending upward. Once whatever the root cause comes out they will have their post accumulation move and that's where we cash in.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buying DE weekly $160 calls.
There comes the volume on DE.

Colt98
AG
In on DE also, like what that looks like.
CT-11
AG
Any interest on BAC? Looks interesting here
gigemJTH12
AG
You think deere is a good buy right now at 157?
oldarmy1
AG
CT-11 said:

Any interest on BAC? Looks interesting here
Man that stock is so finicky. We took it for a big gainer earlier this year on here. I've been reluctant to trade it but own a bunch off the 2350 S&P mark. I bought a whopping 10 $29.50 weekly calls when it was at $23.83 this morning but wasn't confident enough to post it. And the option hasn't exactly caught fire - up 5 cents.

Like most of the financials BAC has a huge reverse head and shoulders which should eventually breakout for a run higher.
oldarmy1
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

You think deere is a good buy right now at 157?
$158 now and yes
oldarmy1
AG
S&P looks healthy still. Predictable profit taking hits in last hour and then those sellers end up looking up at prices as S&P rebounds off their sales.
J_Landes89
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I've been selling NIO April $7 Strikes naked Puts between 80-83 cents this morning. Big premium that would take it to net $6.20. About half the days volume is now mine.
finally, but BARELY, learning the options lingo, and applying it.. however, help me with "naked"

Thanks for the NIO posts, that's my largest investment, and I want to try and start growing it with options.

Gig 'em
IrishTxAggie
AG
Means you're selling a put. You're taking a premium and are obligated to buy the stock at put price if it's at or below that. Basically it should be a stock that you're ok with owning if it dips below the option price. A drawback is you have to have the equity tied up until the option expires.
J_Landes89
AG
Thank you! Exactly what I thought.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Means you're selling a put. You're taking a premium and are obligated to buy the stock at put price if it's at or below that. Basically it should be a stock that you're ok with owning if it dips below the option price. A drawback is you have to have the equity tied up until the option expires.
This

So I was selling $7 Strikes of NIO for $0.80 premium or $80/option. I managed to sell 82 of them or $6560 worth of Premium. Now you must realize that 82 Put options represents 8200 shares of NIO, so if NIO were to be trading below $7 by expiration then I am obligated to buy those shares at $7.

If NIO is at or above $7 then I keep the $6560. Let's say NIO is trading at $6.75 on expiration day. I would get the option executed against me and have to buy the shares at $7. I was paid a premium of $0.80/share so my true net cost would be $6.20. Therefore I could turn around and sell the stock making 55 cents per share or I could hold it having net purchased the shares well below market price.

Think of a naked put as if you are the insurance company selling someone the right to get out of their trade if the sun doesn't come up and the stock craters to $4 (in their mind). You get paid that $0.80 premium/share for the risk. I love playing the bank or insurance company because the house usually wins.
J_Landes89
AG
Awesome thanks.

I just sold my first put.. . $7 strike April 18th $.83

just one option for now! I've followed you for a while! Let's roll with your date and strike for my baptism by fire
Moy
oldarmy1, do you have a preferred charity? I need to start placing in the tip jar.....
gougler08
AG
SUM up $1
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

SUM up $1
SUM-WHERE OVER THE RAINBOW MONEY FLIES
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

SUM up $1
We spoke about yesterday being a good day to add to or enter CX - the Mexico version of SUM. IT's moving too.
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

SUM up $1
We spoke about yesterday being a good day to add to or enter CX - the Mexico version of SUM. IT's moving too.

I got in on the CX March calls with you. What is your exit point on this one? Currently I have 100% ROI, but not sure what your expectation is on this one.
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

SUM up $1

I got in on the CX March calls with you. What is your exit point on this one? Currently I have 100% ROI, but not sure what your expectation is on this one.
Depends on your capital build situation. If building then sell half to hold a net free trade looking for it to retest $5.50 recent highs. If using a small percent of capital then hold it until CX hits above $5.40 and those options likely are at 200% ROI
oldarmy1
AG
NFLX has an ascending triangle. Strong pattern for continued movement upward.
oldarmy1
AG
Last call to get in on HEAR I think. Do you hear the call of a trend continuation upward???
jmcfar_98
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

SUM up $1

Any profit is good profit. Don't get greedy.
oldarmy1
AG
NIO is another we spoke about being at that basing area yesterday for positioning. You naked call sellers are smoking!
oldarmy1
AG
Ahem - From Motley Analyst

Yet JD's stock now trades at just 0.5 times its projected sales this year. That's a remarkably low ratio compared with its estimated sales growth of 30% this year. JD's sales growth decelerated over the past year, partly because of slower sales of big-ticket electronics and appliances, but it's still expected to post 19% sales growth next year.
JD's profitability was uneven over the past year, because of aggressive investments in its online marketplace,its logistics network, and its Prime-like "JD Plus" membership plans. However, JD believes that these ambitious efforts, which include autonomous robots and delivery drones, will pay off and boost its margins over the long term. JD also recently started offering its logistics services to other companies as a paid service.
Analysts expect JD's earnings to decline 47% this year as its expenses rise. But they also expect that figure to more than double next year as it moves past those investments. That means JD's forward P/E of 49, which doesn't seem cheap, could quickly contract as its earnings improve.
That's why JD is buying back its own stock, and why Tencent (NASDAQOTH:TCEHY), Walmart (NYSE:WMT), and Alphabet's (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Google all hold stakes in the company. It might be smart to follow their lead.

oldarmy1
AG
BAC at 6 cents for the $29.50 weekly for the brave at heart. If markets break into continuation then it will be at $29.50. Higher risk though because some sideways movement would kill any movement on that finicky beast.
jmcfar_98
AG
MNGA with the symbol change today. TRNX now.
First Page Last Page
Page 397 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.