Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,088,292 Views | 224476 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by agdaddy04
Post removed:
by user
Tumble Weed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody watching MRO? Popping right now. Ready to run some more at these crappy oil prices? Cup, handle, pop on the 3 month?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
NFLX bumping resistance, 4th time since 1/16.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Tumble Weed said:

Anybody watching MRO? Popping right now. Ready to run some more at these crappy oil prices? Cup, handle, pop on the 3 month?
MRO had a good earnings announcement.
Similar pattern on many O&G stocks. I'm watching DIG and UCO for similar breakout(s).
Tumble Weed
gotsand said:

Tumble Weed said:

Similar pattern on many O&G stocks. I'm watching DIG and UCO for similar breakout(s).
Thanks, looking at those now. Also watching VNOM (maybe too late) and FANG (probably need to enter).
I wanted to buy FANG and VNOM at the same time.

Should your handle be "got-frac-sand'?
Post removed:
by user
Aggie_2463
AG
Had a friend just call me, and he was told to look at HEAR. Apparently their earnings report is coming out soon and his buddy is expecting the stock to climb... Anybody got any technical opinion on HEAR? (Looking at you OA )
leoj
AG
NVDA up 9% ah after big earnings beats and slight revenue miss
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Tumble Weed said:

gotsand said:

Tumble Weed said:

Thanks, looking at those now. Also watching VNOM (maybe too late) and FANG (probably need to enter).
I wanted to buy FANG and VNOM at the same time.

Should your handle be "got-frac-sand'?
Yep, same pattern on FANG and it closed just above the recent trendline.

I'm no energy (or stock) expert, just like trading energy this time of year -- it's usually bullish. If they do break out, I'd expect a move to the 200MA. Nothing's guaranteed, however.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Had a friend just call me, and he was told to look at HEAR. Apparently their earnings report is coming out soon and his buddy is expecting the stock to climb... Anybody got any technical opinion on HEAR? (Looking at you OA )
I'd be all over HEAR in the morning. Very good chart pressed to $19 and closed for continued trend high on rising volume.
oldarmy1
AG
gotsand said:

NFLX bumping resistance, 4th time since 1/16.
Exactly what we talked about yesterday. Big red candle meant nothing at the end of the day. Nice sideways action with likely a lot of weak hands selling out yesterday. Good set up for a breakout over next few days.
claym711
AG
Today was very unusual. Big gap and volume gets faded on much lower volume, huge minute bar, floats up again and dies into a tiny range for nearly 2 hours. Nearly all correction bottoms get tested and I don't expect this one to be different. Ideally would like to see a hard spike over the 200 day.
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

I'd be all over HEAR in the morning. Very good chart pressed to $19 and closed for continued trend high on rising volume.
Looks like it is up to $18.15 pre market. Still looking like a good entry point to you?
E
AG
Now 18.40, hope you bought!

Errr that was short lived, now at 18.06
Aggie_2463
AG
Bought in at 18.06
GasAg90
Got in at 17.85. Thanks for the tip!
IrishTxAggie
AG
BAC is rolling.

I've got a bit of work to do, but got some great tips on ELAN this week from someone. I'll put the info on paper a little later
Colt98
AG
With V getting to resistance around 145 should we start looking at mar 40 puts? Or is this market starting to make a run?
Aggie_2463
AG
Alright you MNGA-maniacs I bought some at 0.85... let's go!
E
AG
Good luck and I hope you make a lot of money on it!

Godspeed my friend
Aggie_2463
AG
E said:

Good luck and I hope you make a lot of money on it!

Good speed my friend
I need it
UpstateAg
AG
Buying more nio down here.
gougler08
AG
NFLX got through 360 with volume this morning...let's see if it can hold it today
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

Buying more nio down here.
The 3/15 naked puts look good on NIO right now.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
S&P gaps up over 200MA. Let's see if it holds.
tlepoC
AG
Okay this Netflix trade...I jumped in with a single contract to use as learning. How the hell was that identified earlier in the week? Got out at the top this morning but see no rhyme or reason for that large of a pop over Thurs/Fri.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ELAN Update-

As many of you may have seen, Eli Lilly is unloading the rest of their Elanco position into the market. After the IPO, they retained ~80% of Elanco. They will do a divesture in a voluntary exchange offer. The offer will permit Lilly's shareholders to exchange Lilly's common stock for Elanco's common stock.

I was speaking with one of the Elanco executives at IPPE (International Production and Processing Expo for Poultry) that is a good friend of mine. He believes that with the divesture and vesting of a good bit of the stock that he sees it heading for the mid-20s. Once it gets into the mid-20s, he will be loading up for a long-term hold and suggested I give it strong consideration as well. He says it won't be anything to do with the market or the company, just the influx of new available stocks. Growth and demand are still doing quite well and the livestock division is gaining a more ground in SE Asia and China. This is beginning to shape up like how Zoetis did theirs and if you take a look at their chart since their IPO off of Pfizer, you'd be a happy camper.

The only thing he really warned me about is the Chinese are making it extremely difficult tot bring in raw materials. This aligns with what a lot of people I spoke with this week were saying. The Chinese have begun to recognize and realize a bit more lately of how lucrative the animal health and nutrition is and they have begun putting in some protectionism methods starting at the beginning of the year on certain imports to try to force raw material purchases from within China. This has actually been great for me because I have Chinese manufacturing and have an exemption from the government on my primary raw material due to China not having a mineral deposit that yields the cation exchange we need and I was able to prove it.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Aggierific said:

Okay this Netflix trade...I jumped in with a single contract to use as learning. How the hell was that identified earlier in the week? Got out at the top this morning but see no rhyme or reason for that large of a pop over Thurs/Fri.
Here's my take, FWIW:
Look at the daily bar chart. You'll notice the stock formed a triangle hitting 360 resistance four times since January 15/16 along with higher lows. It was going to break out of this triangular range eventually -- no one can be sure of direction, but most were guessing to the upside as this is typically a continuation pattern (i.e., was moving up prior to the triangle). The theoretical move on a sustained breakout would be the height of the triangle in January. For me, entry would be a close above resistance (w/ all my indicators green) as these will back test.

As of now, it has settled back into the consolidation range @ 358.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
if only i would've bought SUM more
gougler08
AG
TheBiggerEvent said:

if only i would've bought SUM more
Having a good day, but not convinced its out of the sideways channel yet
ProgN
Where did NFX go?
jmcfar_98
AG
End of the week profit taking?

Sorry I read that as NFLX not as NFX
AgShaun00
AG
going with Mar 15 $12 put on FCX. Tried 4 times to break 12.70 and failed again. Copper itself looks to be overbought.
jmcfar_98
AG
https://www.worldoil.com/news/2019/2/14/encana-completes-acquisition-of-newfield-exploration

Got bought out by Encana
ProgN
Thank you
First Page Last Page
Page 395 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.