Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,011,399 Views | 224170 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by ProgN
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Selling off in to the close
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Your stop loss trigger yet on JD?
On a dime? Nope....lose the $500 on 50 of them if it doesn't have another bounce by Friday.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Big red volume candle on NFLX
Higher high and higher low but same resistance intraday top back to mid Jan., so worth watching if follows suit with a market pullback tomorrow. Here's the thing - there is a lot of fuel in the tank for these markets so if NFLX (markets) want to go through a consolidation I don't think it does anything more than flash below 2700.

I love seeing these waves because options soar on entry as consolidation ends, like TWTR yesterday.

And we don't know if this is even a pullback spot; especially NFLX. A stock nearly always has to challenge previous resistance before punching through. Easier if it would ebb and flow for easy option entry. Somewhere $343-345 area would be sweet.

oldarmy1
AG
Retail sales light in December were light, only 4K more than consensus unemployment and BREXIT sent +11 futures on overnight China bounce to -10 as I type.

See how it shakes out.

TEUM one of the few green and if it holds on volume that would be a breakout. I saw a 100% buy on one service.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Retail sales light in December were light, only 4K more than consensus unemployment and BREXIT sent +11 futures on overnight China bounce to -10 as I type.

See how it shakes out.

TEUM one of the few green and if it holds on volume that would be a breakout. I saw a 100% buy on one service.
Damn that's a big swing
oldarmy1
AG
NIO pushing back upward.
E
AG
I guess seeing all red so far would be fitting for Valentines Day
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

I guess seeing all red so far would be fitting for Valentines Day
Just sideways action. Buy the dips.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought CX March 15th Calls @ 11 cents $5 Strikes. Sitting there with 228 more.

Also own a bunch as posted and this is a great entry area for long holders.
oldarmy1
AG
If SONO loses $10.75 then my buy price will drop to a flash down off the $10 mark before I'm willing to enter a long trade.
oldarmy1
AG
MNGA trying to get message out. Still need to focus on the political opportunity. A sane Green idea versus cow farts.

http://pdf.reuters.com/htmlnews/htmlnews.asp?i=43059c3bf0e37541&u=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20190214:nGNXbSTsqv
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU right back up to resistance. That baby wants to break and run if markets get green.
tamu2009
AG
What's a good target re-entry price in light of this?
WestTexAg12
AG
OCTA in some sideways action. Keeps hitting resistance around $84.80 area.

Think this may be one to play on a breakout chance?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
tamu2009 said:

This doesn't show which stock you're referencing.
oldarmy1
AG
Quite the rip on the S&P. A 10 point drop on the minute. That is some big money trying to start something to the downside. So far its being rejected.
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

tamu2009 said:

I think he's talking ROKU
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
Sold DE $160 naked Puts on good premium with one day to go.
oldarmy1
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

tamu2009 said:

I think he's talking ROKU
I wouldn't be entering stocks that made huge leaps like ROKU. I'd feel wrong giving a buy on a stock I've already taken a ton of profits out of with it trading near its resistance highs. If I were to want to trade ROKU I'd either buy a $55 call out a week, so if it breaks resistance you get a nice return OR In would be holding on to see if the resistance holds, the markets have a better correction/pull back for entry.

Or a $51.50 weekly expiring tomorrow. That would be a fairly high risk that the markets shake off this as a consolidation and push higher.
oldarmy1
AG
SPOT joins ROKU in trying to buck the markets and breakout of resistance. SPOT is really close.
oldarmy1
AG
That $51.50 was traded $0.25 x .30 now above $0.45
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

That $51.50 was traded $0.25 x .30 now above $0.45
And you would be taking the $0.70+ right here for a 30 minute 100%+ gain
oldarmy1
AG
Bought weekly SPOT $144's as a hedge in case the breakout fails due to a market break downward through tomorrow. Wouldn't pay more than 60 cents
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Quite the rip on the S&P. A 10 point drop on the minute. That is some big money trying to start something to the downside. So far its being rejected.
Bounced back pretty well from it
E
AG
SUM bouncing back, keep on climbin!
Post removed:
by user
leoj
AG
Vulcan had a really good er
leoj
AG
Just checked those 2/15 $45 ROKU calls...talk about getting out too soon.
oldarmy1
AG
jayelbee said:

oldarmy1 said:

Bought CX March 15th Calls @ 11 cents $5 Strikes. Sitting there with 228 more.

Also own a bunch as posted and this is a great entry area for long holders.

Why do these seem so cheap? Still seeing 0.11x0.12 on this and the stock is within a few cents of being ITM, including being over 5 just 2 days ago.
That's why I posted it.

And sorry for confusion on the 2nd sentence. I meant buying the SHARES as a long hold was also a good entry area.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought weekly SPOT $144's as a hedge in case the breakout fails due to a market break downward through tomorrow. Wouldn't pay more than 60 cents
I closed my SPOT Puts. Miraculously SPOT dropped below $146 on a flash move after markets showed its hand. Sometimes you get lucky.
Post removed:
by user
UpstateAg
AG
Welp, those JD calls will expire worthless. Oh well. The money management system I'm using prevents anything disastrous with these types of trades that were made with the last trade's profits.
oldarmy1
AG
jayelbee said:

Was just curious if you had any insight into the cause other than the earnings miss.
You guys please put which stock being referenced. Unfortunately I can't see on Mobile App what the reply is referencing.
gougler08
AG
SPX green
gougler08
AG
NFLX testing that 360 resistance again
First Page Last Page
Page 394 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.