Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,055,687 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by cryption
Shiner Bock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at entry NIO 3/15 $8 calls, .38c at the moment.. Thoughts?
spence10
AG
Just bought some TWTR
UpstateAg
AG
Not sure about the China trade deal impact in the coming weeks. I own shares and sold 3/15 calls on them. Are you wanting to own or just calls? Owning the shares and selling calls is like being the dealer in Vegas. It is far easier to win.
oldarmy1
AG
spence10 said:

Just bought some TWTR
I went with the 15th $31's on the news of the large option purchase. It was bumping below $29.50 and I had to bite the bullet.
oldarmy1
AG
Decent moves off of lows. Upside down day we speak about still. Lower high and lower low on trend. Still looking decent for this being a range bound consolidation more than anything severe so just as I posted closing PNC puts its good to take the gains and wait. Followed suit across FMC and others. Only Put position I didn't fully close was ALGN, which I closed half. A close below 2706 and if its come back green I'll likely re-enter the sold Puts.
Ranger222
AG
Those TWTR calls have been hit before I think....prior to December. Not sure if same expiration, but someone was buying long dated TWTR 70 C either before or in December. To me it looks like they are banking on a TWTR buyout with a good chunk of premium.
Ranger222
AG
For those that played SNAP or want to -- April 9 C active today. Right at 9 right now so playing continuation to double digits
IrishTxAggie
AG
TWTR could very well get bought out, but at over 2X within 11 months seems like a major stretch.
ProgN
Ranger, how does SQ look going into earnings on 2/27 ?
E
AG
Oh I know, I already sold, made a quick $50!

Just trying to end with something of a positive haha
ProgN
Nasdaq trying to go positive
gougler08
AG
SPX thinking about a hammer technical
oldarmy1
AG
Only Put I still have other than half the ALGN one is CRON. I'm sorry but the hype on getting high is too inviting not to go against the big upward moves.
UpstateAg
AG
I took that off the table just now for minimum profit, but Had a decent and disciplined week thanks to you and the guys on the board.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P new intraday high. 2707 would make the shorts freak
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

I took that off the table just now for minimum profit, but Had a decent and disciplined week thanks to you and the guys on the board.
Nice. I'm gonna stick with it on that chart pattern. Each day no news on that buyout rumor will send it lower.
oldarmy1
AG
Letting you guys know I haven't heard back from Mahoney with MNGA yet. I'm sure his rear is getting lit-up regularly right now by warrant holders.

Just to be clear on listing requirements:

The minimum bid price requirement stems from Section 5550(a)(2) of the Nasdaq's Equity Rules guide. It clearly states: "(a) Continued Listing Requirements for Primary Equity Securities: (2) Minimum bid price of at least $1 per share."

How does it come into effect?

If a company closes below a $1/share bid price for 30 consecutive days, the Nasdaq sends the company a written notice. The notice states that the company is no longer in compliance with its continued listing requirements and has 180 days to regain compliance. Otherwise, the company will face delisting.
What can the company do about non-compliance?

As stated above, the company has 180 calendar days to regain compliance. In that time frame, if the company closes at or above a $1/share bid price for ten consecutive days, the Nasdaq will inform the company that it has regained compliance, and close the issue.

Note that the BID has to be $1.
gougler08
AG
SUM with a green candle which would follow the pattern of a few day retrace after a big step up that failed ($18 early this week)

Seems like a good entry point for my medium hold with goal of gap closure in a few months
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

SUM with a green candle which would follow the pattern of a few day retrace after a big step up that failed ($18 early this week)

Seems like a good entry point for my medium hold with goal of gap closure in a few months
Looks like it on the charts. Likely will labor sideways somewhat but macro markets will dictate upward mobility next 60 days.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Letting you guys know I haven't heard back from Mahoney with MNGA yet.
Live look at OA speaking with Mahoney when he calls.

clobby
AG
Someone needs to just come in, buy a 1,000,000 shares of MNGA, pump up the volume, get stocktwits all amped, and dump em.
E
AG
Check out WFT's chart the last 3 days, tanks at open then works it's way back up by close
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Check out WFT's chart the last 3 days, tanks at open then works it's way back up by close
Article in the Barnicle on them last weekend. Green/Red pattern on WFT interesting. Hits higher then goes through a consolidation red days on decreasing volume before headed higher. We didn't have the huge green spike but we do have the reducing volume on consolidation, so continuation or end of the fun?

Rice and Fries
While everyone is focusing on the equity markets....we need to be paying attention to the bond markets.

10YR Treasury: 2.63%
5YR Treasury: 2.44%
2YR Treasury: 2.46%
1YR Treasury: 2.53%

We are starting to snip the hairs of gonads on the yields compression. The 1 & 2YR's are inverted as compared to the 5YR.

The delta between the 10YR and the 1YR is 10bps.

This is not good, we need either earnings to continue to be like January's job report numbers (aka unexpected and beating expectations) or we are going to start seeing more yield compression and getting closer to the dreaded yield inversion of the 2YR over the 10YR.

Is anyone else getting worried? Yield compressions =/= good things.

Edit: Just for fun, I looked up the delta between the 10YR and 5YR on September 11, 2017....

10YR=2.11%
5YR=1.69%
Delta=42bps
oldarmy1
AG
Always concerned if those invert
E
AG
I sold all mine at the end of January... you know, the day before it started booming
ProgN
Excellent post Snowmn! A lot of people don't realize that the stock market is a single hair compared to the rest of scalp which is the bond market. And yes, an inverted yield curve is deadly omen for the stock market, similar to the "death cross" in stocks on technicals.
oldarmy1
AG
CRON with the flash drop to $19.43 spiked put premium for a great exit.
IrishTxAggie
AG
MNGA trying to run up to the $1 mark in the last two minutes.
UpstateAg
AG
Wow. Nice.
oldarmy1
AG
MNGA with the late push at closing to bid $1 on a crossed $1x$1 ending. Then some sellers dropped it post close.
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU with a strong push into close. And look at the S&P closing above 2707 - which explains the late push up in a lot of stocks covering shorts on fear of a continuation off of 2 day consolidation.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ROKU with a strong push into close. And look at the S&P closing above 2707 - which explains the late push up in a lot of stocks covering shorts on fear of a continuation off of 2 day consolidation.

Good sign for next week right?
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

SQ did the same thing. Looks promising for the open on Monday.
ProgN
Yes, it's the week before they report earnings. If we have market follow through, ROKU is in the 50's next week.
First Page Last Page
Page 390 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.