Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,107,966 Views | 224618 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NIO with the fake out trend reversal is now looking to breakout.
E
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

MNGA is sitting at 2.77, would this be a good time to buy in?
A) Determine if you are the type of investor to take on these kind of long horizon companies
B) Research on your own and see if the stock checks the boxes off of your personal philosophy
C) Develop a strategy on initial entry and averaging up or down dependent on price movement post-entry.

Here is the latest research overview put out, to assist in decision making.

https://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/researchreports/US55939M2008TaronisTechnologiesupdate050219.pdf

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to get in and out, capture some profits and move on.

Wish I could do the same but my average has me around $4
oldarmy1
AG
Hedge volume flowed in on SDS and SPXS
oldarmy1
AG
Potential first h pattern on the S&P. Bull/Bear fight!
Aggie_2463
AG

HoustonAg2014
AG
Question for the options guys. I am new to this so please be kind.

If I own 300 shares of FB and I am trying to get rid of them and my dollar cost average is 200 but I am willing to sell them now. I wanted to do covered calls and I was looking at this:

Dec 20 $175 strike price $19.10 per contract 3 contracts nets me $5730 it looks like.

Does this mean that if the price hits $175 this week, my shares will be called away and I will have the $5,730 in my account plus the 175 times 300 shares? What are the chances that the contact doesn't get called away until December 20th and I am sitting stagnant waiting?
Ragoo
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

If I own 300 shares of FB and I am trying to get rid of them and my dollar cost average is 200 but I am willing to sell them now. I wanted to do covered calls and I was looking at this:

Dec 20 $175 strike price $19.10 per contract 3 contracts nets me $5730 it looks like.

Does this mean that if the price hits $175 this week, my shares will be called away and I will have the $5,730 in my account plus the 175 times 300 shares? What are the chances that the contact doesn't get called away until December 20th and I am sitting stagnant waiting?
your shares would only be called away if they are deep in the money and most likely not until expiration.

If you want out of the shares just sell them.
leoj
AG
January downloads of Square's (SQ +1.6%) Cash App continue to outpace PayPal's (PYPL +0.5%) Venmo downloads, writes Nomura Instinet's Dan Dolev in a note to clients.
Cash App monthly hew downloads remained high at 2M a month, up from 1.9M in 2018, he said.
Its cumulative downloads stood at about 45.3M as of January, while Venmo is at 41.2M, Dolev wrote.
UpstateAg
AG
Riding a couple PNC 124 weekly's with OA. They were one of my two screw ups this summer that cost me (screw up=lesson learned about patience and risk). Let's break out
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

your shares would only be called away if they are deep in the money and most likely not until expiration.

If I wanted to unload them but wasn't in a hurry, I would sell weeklies until I was called out.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

If I wanted to unload them but wasn't in a hurry, I would sell weeklies until I was called out.
I would sell Near the money weeklies.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SUM posts earnings premarket and has had a 20% move for its most recent breakout and a 43% move off initial bottom.

Plan accordingly.
Selfishly I'm hoping it dips a bit tomorrow AM so I can hop in...that big gap up to $24 is really enticing
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
jayelbee said:

Any thoughts on SOTU tonight?
The tweets swing the markets more than him actually speaking. Typically because his tweets are fired from the hip whereas his speeches are actually written out and he doesn't deviate...usually. With that said, I don't think it will have any market effect. He'll go on about the low unemployment numbers, new jobs, revived manufacturing industry, etc. He'll toot his horn and he has every right to. He may say we are close to a deal with China which could be interesting.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SUM posts earnings premarket and has had a 20% move for its most recent breakout and a 43% move off initial bottom.

Plan accordingly.
Selfishly I'm hoping it dips a bit tomorrow AM so I can hop in...that big gap up to $24 is really enticing
Market makers made it tough to hedge. No $16 options. It's $15 or $17.50 and the stock ranging exactly in between. And people think market makers aren't in complete control.
oldarmy1
AG
You technical people know what that is called?

Post removed:
by user
0708aggie
AG
reverse H&S or bearish?

Inverted C&H?
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

You technical people know what that is called?

Bad news? Penent or falling wedge?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
Descending triangles after a volume top. Intraday was the tell that we'd venture lower. When you see that on a daily chart don't be long.

So it predicted accurately a further breakdown intraday, so now if markets manage to reverse that and hit new high the markets will move higher. If not then markets are on reversal watch.
Philip J Fry
AG
I have to kind of laugh at the technical stuff sometimes. "It's either about to break upwards, or break downwards".
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Descending triangles after a volume top. Intraday was the tell that we'd venture lower. When you see that on a daily chart don't be long.

So it predicted accurately a further breakdown intraday, so now if markets manage to reverse that and hit new high the markets will move higher. If not then markets are on reversal watch.

Descending triangle was my next guess
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
khkman22
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I have to kind of laugh at the technical stuff sometimes. "It's either about to break upwards, or break downwards".
But not if it stays in its current channel.
WestTexAg12
AG
It may have hit the reversal. I hope. Bounced off of the open
oldarmy1
AG
Philip J Fry said:

The intraday especially!

The momentum remains on the upside so I give these as simple markers for those positioning hedges more than anything.

CSX breaking out
tramaro1
AG
OA1, are you still holding out till around $1.90 for CSX?
Shiner Bock
AG
gut feeling SNAP long term oversold headed into earnings. If SNAP does anything productive, it will have a nice surprise gap up IMO. Small entry. Bought 2/22 $7 Calls at .50.
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

YES!
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

tramaro1 said:

YES!

I sold at $1.20. Damn my impatience!
oldarmy1
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Intraday technical are constantly in flux. That said the triangle wedge accurately predicted a further intraday drop. Then we had a reverse H&S that clearly got broken leading to the quick bear trap move.

oldarmy1
AG
Note that the explosion upward hit resistance at the beginning triangle?

oldarmy1
AG
Anyone think we continue upward tomorrow those CSX weekly $69's at around 14 cents look inviting. Risk is we consolidate and the breakout fails.
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM a pure double from December 27 to today.
UpstateAg
AG
Sometimes you have to just take a 40% day trade. Bought PNC at the bottom sold just now.
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

I'm taking CSX off here and buying the cheaper weekly $69's for a lower risk trade. We get a lot of decay if no upward movement tomorrow.
First Page Last Page
Page 381 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.