Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,010,441 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big, big buying of March 1 NFLX 400 C and May 400 C today......like in millions of premium.
Colt98
AG
Looking at the FMC feb 15 82.50 puts if the stock can get to 87. Anyone else watching this other than OA1 obviously?
WestTexAg12
AG
CSX hit 67.15

Closed out of CSX contracts for ~35% gain.

Taking profit where I can.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Ragoo
AG
Ranger222 said:

Big, big buying of March 1 NFLX 400 C and May 400 C today......like in millions of premium.
pretty big bet for such a short duration
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

Ranger222 said:

pretty big bet for such a short duration
Up above 350 now...if it gets through 360 then it may get up to 400 in March
gougler08
AG
ROKU down $1+ in a minute
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

ROKU down $1+ in a minute
yeah crazy
oldarmy1
AG
What did I miss?
Colt98
AG
Not much..
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

What did I miss?

Yea, you weren't around, so we all panicked. Thanks for nothing.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
IrishTxAggie
AG
Got some more MNGA on the flashdown this morning.
oldarmy1
AG
We just might reach that 2750 mark today.

oldarmy1
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

What did I miss?

Yea, you weren't around, so we all panicked. Thanks for nothing.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
0708aggie
AG
so what happened to RRTS?
Agsrback12
What happens at 2750?
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

so what happened to RRTS?
They still haven't restructured all the higher interest repayments. Until they do its gonna languish, unless earnings grow beyond the balance point. Be interesting to see earnings next month with lower fuel prices. Last 3 days increasing volume interest ticked up so maybe it actually makes a move into earnings.
oldarmy1
AG
Agsrback12 said:

What happens at 2750?
That was simply where my analytics pointed to from the 2350 bottom. It might not get there or it could blow by it on to test all time highs, but that's where I take my capital and sit on the sidelines to see what's next.
oldarmy1
AG
SUM posts earnings premarket and has had a 20% move for its most recent breakout and a 43% move off initial bottom.

Plan accordingly.
Post removed:
by user
Agsrback12
Thank you.
oldarmy1
AG
Not to be lost in all the wonderful gains is that the VIX is right now just below where the last 3 tops occurred. So if the markets explode upward that will break that indicator and we will see VIX back down to the $10.50-$13 ranges.

And just because the 2350 ended up being a spot on entry does not mean 2750 is some magic number. It's simply where I personally targeted exits and just as jayelbee is doing you can artificially get where most stocks would be by using covered calls, and then if it doesn't, you still get maximum ROI for any planned exits.

Now that we are within range I use a dual approach by selling calls close to the money for higher premiums and buy lower premium puts. So an offset might look like a $2.50 call premium on a $25-40 stock and a $1 put premium.
0708aggie
AG
The stock is not showing in my portfolio now. Is this because of the rights offering?
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

The stock is not showing in my portfolio now. Is this because of the rights offering?
I don't think so. Are you on Robinhood?
0708aggie
AG
Merrill Edge
oldarmy1
AG
Scan bell weathers for indicators. AMZN dropped on outlook after beating but it did not violate the handle despite massive volume red days. Look at that attempt to break it down that failed. AMZN wants to blow up higher.

oldarmy1
AG
That looks like a new trend high on JD.
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DBX right there too. Both could see 30 real quick if break above 25 holds and tailwinds prevail.
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

oldarmy1 said:

DBX right there too. Both could see 30 real quick if break above 25 holds and tailwinds prevail.
Yup, and Zachs DOWNGRADED JD to a sell overnight.

GENIUSES!
oldarmy1
AG
Buying some PNC $124 weekly on the cheap
Aggie_2463
AG
Bought some MNGA at $2.75. Been watching this thread trying to decipher the lingo lol
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

MNGA is sitting at 2.77, would this be a good time to buy in?
A) Determine if you are the type of investor to take on these kind of long horizon companies
B) Research on your own and see if the stock checks the boxes off of your personal philosophy
C) Develop a strategy on initial entry and averaging up or down dependent on price movement post-entry.

Here is the latest research overview put out, to assist in decision making.

https://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/researchreports/US55939M2008TaronisTechnologiesupdate050219.pdf
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

MNGA is sitting at 2.77, would this be a good time to buy in?
A) Determine if you are the type of investor to take on these kind of long horizon companies
B) Research on your own and see if the stock checks the boxes off of your personal philosophy
C) Develop a strategy on initial entry and averaging up or down dependent on price movement post-entry.

Here is the latest research overview put out, to assist in decision making.

https://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/researchreports/US55939M2008TaronisTechnologiesupdate050219.pdf

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to get in and out, capture some profits and move on.
oldarmy1
AG
I would think/hope a bunch of ROKU traders on here planted a hard net free position on a stock that has nearly doubled. Usually I have to enhance with calls to reach a double that fast, which I did but its already a net free holding and I placed covered calls on 100% of trading position on a planned exit - leaving only net free long term shares.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buying some PNC $124 weekly on the cheap
One more push higher on the S&P and PNC should punch through in the money.
clobby
AG
oldarmy1 said:

0708aggie said:

Yeah I didn't mean history. You are probably net free right now. If you were new to JD how would you play it starting today.
If you read back you'll see a chart posted showing JD on a curve upward at $20, at that time. Here it is currently and that pattern will typically result in a breakout move. Today might be the start of that or continuation of the higher high and higher lows, so if looking at trades today I would likely be buying the $26.50 out to Feb 15th. That way you have small capital exposure that would result in a big winning trade if this is the breakout.

If it fails back into consolidation then you'd look to pick up shares/calls below $23.

Took some patience but made some cash on the 26.50 call today. Should have doubled down yesterday since they were .10.
First Page Last Page
Page 380 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.