Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,516,920 Views | 223268 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by Aston04
spence10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So what you're trying to tell me is buying $5500 of AVEO in my Roth wasn't a great idea?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I wish that's all I had had...
Señor Chang
AG
It'll recover eventually.

Right?

Right???
oldarmy1
AG
Seor Chang said:

It'll recover eventually.

Right?

Right???

Buying some down here just for you!
leoj
AG
I was really surprised today that both EMN and LYB had bad earnings, along with DWDP, but both ended up a good bit for the day. Materials has been lagging the market really bad, wonder if they've found a bottom even with slowing growth and pricing headwinds?
aggiefan2002
I've got 3000 shares of Aveo at average 2.07 per share :/

Should I cut my losses and move on or dollar cost down and hold tight?
Ragoo
AG
aggiefan2002 said:

I've got 3000 shares of Aveo at average 2.07 per share :/

Should I cut my losses and move on or dollar cost down and hold tight?
dont make a bad situation worse

We aren't talking about buying Apple at 200.
ProgN
I concur with Ragoo. If anything follow OA and others on MNGA. They seemed really plugged into that company, or even NIO.
aggiefan2002
Just to be clear you're saying get out and lose the $4500?
IrishTxAggie
AG
aggiefan2002 said:

Or hold it as a lottery ticket.
ProgN
aggiefan2002 said:

I offer no advice on your current holding. I think Ragoo was suggesting not to double down, and if so, I agree.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

aggiefan2002 said:

I offer no advice on your current holding. I think Ragoo was suggesting not to double down, and if so, I agree.
This. Don't turn a crappy situation into a ****ty one. If it makes you feel better, my cost is higher than yours on AVEO and I have a lot more shares than you. Was one of my first stocks I ever bought and just kept doubling down on stupid. Live and learn
Ragoo
AG
aggiefan2002 said:

ifnin a taxable account hold it until just long enough to sell for tax loss harvesting. If in a non tax account I'd consider selling and moving on with life.
UpstateAg
AG
Agree. Hopefully you were able to sell calls against them for a while to get price average down. Once mine expire worthless, I'll be selling (unless they show signs of life between now and then. Literally had sold them at .15 for March 2.5C the day before they defecated on their hands).
gougler08
AG
So for a medium term investment, SUM or NIO?
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

So for a medium term investment, SUM or NIO?
i would bet on US infrastructure growth over autos.
Shiner Bock
AG
Ranger222 said:

if you guys want to play a rumor.......

SNAP Feb 7 C might be fun

Anyone have insight to this?
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

leoj said:

Still holding the $45 2/15 ROKU call.
i got in for 1.25 just before the buying into close.
bought 5 calls near the close on Friday for a weekly play this week. Sold 3 this morning to take my cost basis off. The remaining 2 are now net free and we will see how this baby runs this week.
Ragoo
AG
Took off 1 more here to lock in profit.

Final call is a lotto.
leoj
AG
I only had a couple and got out of both too early this morning lol. Still, 40% is nothing to sneeze at. But dear god that took off like a rocket as soon as I got out
Ragoo
AG
Getting near the upper channel on the 1-day Keltner. If we break out over ~$50.12 or so this thing could see $60.
leoj
AG
This figures
WestTexAg12
AG
leoj said:

This figures

My two hesitations last week were NBEV and ROKU. Never got in like I wanted

I suck at this
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Ragoo
AG
Closed out of all open calls just a little while ago. Probably the wrong move but I made 133% on the entire trade.
AgShaun00
AG
Ragoo said:

Closed out of all open calls just a little while ago. Probably the wrong move but I made 133% on the entire trade.
never a wrong call to lock in a profit.
WestTexAg12
AG
So now that ROKU has left the station, what options are we on the lookout for the short/mid term trades?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
Ragoo
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

So now that ROKU has left the station, what options are we on the lookout for the short/mid term trades?
i don't think it has left the station.
Ragoo
AG
I saw an option sweep tweet for a big PUT purchase for ROKU feb8 weekly at 48.5 strike.
Colt98
AG
Question... I have a few hundred shares of ROKU that I haven't wrote cC on. Would this be a good time to write the feb 50 c??
WestTexAg12
AG
Ragoo said:

I saw an option sweep tweet for a big PUT purchase for ROKU feb8 weekly at 48.5 strike.

See, I'm thinking it pulls back significantly sometime in the near future too. But I'm not smart enough or know enough to base that off of anything. Just a feeling. Seems like almost every stock that jumps like this pulls back the very next day.

Cause it'll leave a gap to fill down, but how long before it retracts to fill that gap?
Ragoo
AG
Colt98 said:

Question... I have a few hundred shares of ROKU that I haven't wrote cC on. Would this be a good time to write the feb 50 c??
yes

I would absolutely be writing Cc here at $50 on a big up day.
Ragoo
AG
This may be the breakout
EngrAg14
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

Ragoo said:

See, I'm thinking it pulls back significantly sometime in the near future too. But I'm not smart enough or know enough to base that off of anything. Just a feeling. Seems like almost every stock that jumps like this pulls back the very next day.

Cause it'll leave a gap to fill down, but how long before it retracts to fill that gap?
I am trying to see if there is any real new that led to the bump. Anyone find anything?
gougler08
AG
Damn ROKU off like a rocket, still pissed my company stock plan didn't come in early enough to buy down around that 33 mark
leoj
AG
Only thing I can think is the chatter about Apple going after Netflix? Which is stupid
First Page Last Page
Page 379 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.