Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,649 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Does Robinhood allow roll over options? Man if I were starting out or working with lower capital I'd only use Robinhood. The thought of free trades and options trades is crazy, and my options costs are the lowest in the marketplace - other than free.
No idea, but I imagine you could just do it old school and buy to close and sell to open. I'm trading in an IRA in Fidelity using "play money " from a 401k rollover. It's mostly an experiment. I'd be hard-pressed to do worse than the crappy funds I was restricted to in my 401k. If I can prove to myself that I know what the heck I'm doing, then I'll start trading outside of the IRA (and yeah, probably in Robinhood).
12thDude
Colt98
AG
So OA, on the hedge on ROKU, I bought 10 feb41.5 for .68. If this thing pops to 45 on Monday and this hedge basically goes to zero, the idea is to not worry about the $680 because the price difference on the uptick makes up the difference and then I'll sell my CC on the stock? And if it pops down to resistance profit on the puts... I could see it popping up more than testing resistance, unless something changes over the weekend... educate me please.
oldarmy1
AG
Accidently flagged your post, so when the investigation comes forgive me. ha!

Yes, the purpose is to protect against an exhaustion fail, to protect gains. The attempted breakout looking to come would easily cover your put and you could sell on breakout confirmation at a loss on the Put offset by a breakout gain. Entering the Put on a Friday means your time value decay won't hit us much Monday early to see if the markets have continuation, consolidation or a reversal.
Colt98
FHUAggie
Whoa, what on EARTH went down with PGE?!

I'm apparently a day late! Got funding to handle bankruptcy it seems?
Señor Chang
AG
The big jump yesterday was after they were found not liable for damages from a 2017 fire.
Ranger222
AG
anyone else get the survey today on Robinhood? Told them they need to add more for option trading like limit orders and stop losses. Also that their web app was *****

My sense from the survey is that they want to become a one stop shop for everything financial -- checking and saving accounts + IRAs. More interested in this from a future investor standpoint...they will IPO at some point
IrishTxAggie
AG
Rumor is they plan to IPO this year.
leoj
AG
So this year will be Uber, lyft, Saudi aramco?, robinhood, Pinterest, Airbnb, who else?
badharambe
AG
I thought Saudi aramco was "by 2021"

Chris back out with more research and more data.

Monywolf
badharambe said:

42 minutes to say it might go higher, could go lower?
oldarmy1
AG
badharambe said:

I don't disagree with his analysis and the bear cross should never be ignored. It underscore the need to use all of the available hedge tools to prevent capital loss while enjoying record gains. I can't imagine having been sidelined over the last 2 months and miss out on what has now become 39.6% gains on invested dollars.

His first chart line matches the one I posted and, should the next wave down come, I'm hoping we push above that trend line for a false breakout move that becomes where I am exiting into cash again. That perfect scenario would add an additional 4-6% gains before moving to cash. Should we begin a deep selloff triggering my Put closures or sells after covered calls deteriorate then I'll end up around a 37% gain.

So I think we see more of the breakouts on individual stocks prior to the next major question mark wave down.

On another note I mentioned beginning to accumulate some gold stocks into the end of last year. I have completed these and am seeing more chatter on a gold move tied to global economic instability on the horizon combined with a push for Eastern Europe (and other places) to untangle themselves from our dollar. You want to see gold at $5k/ounce just let that happen and we'll see new highs quickly.

leoj
AG
You're right, I just threw it in there. I think murdering a journalist in an embassy probably complicated that roll out a bit...
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

You're right, I just threw it in there. I think murdering a journalist in an embassy probably complicated that roll out a bit...

Not really. The Saudis still don't GAF what anyone thinks about it and they're going to continue doing what they always have.
leoj
AG
I saw where they were already thinking about not listing on NYSE because it could open them to legal liabilities.

I'm sure they don't care about the blowback, which will be temporary, and the IPo will obviously be very well subscribed to if the valuation isn't just astronomical, but it's still going to get a lot of negative press and the American banks they use as advisors will catch some heat.
leoj
AG
However, Saudi officials and outside advisors have warned Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman that a listing on the New York Stock Exchange, which the powerful royal prefers, would open Aramco to legal threats from shareholders and 9/11 victims, The Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/29/saudi-aramco-ipo-stalled-by-indecision-over-where-to-list-shares.html
tramaro1
AG
Ranger222 said:

anyone else get the survey today on Robinhood? Told them they need to add more for option trading like limit orders and stop losses. Also that their web app was ****

I did not see a survey, but completely agree on what you said above. I am not playing with huge amounts of captital and I am still learning, so Robinhood is a great tool. The free trades are where it is at!

Shameless plug, but if you want to sign up use my code and we'll both get a free stock:
http://share.robinhood.com/scottt54
WestTexAg12
AG
NVDA down ~9% pre market. What happened?

Edit: now 11%
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
IrishTxAggie
AG
AMD, MU, and LRCX down a bit too.
cgh1999
AG
Lowered guidance
WestTexAg12
AG
cgh1999 said:

Lowered guidance

So what's the play now to capitalize on it?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
Ranger222
AG
Patience. Don't try and catch a falling knife
Ragoo
AG
Watching BA today. Earnings on Thursday.
ProgN
Ranger, I'm looking at buying NVDA puts if it opens up tomorrow at the open. What do you think?
WestTexAg12
AG
Damn. NVDA puts bought last week would have been bank today.
E
AG
MNGA seeing a nice bump this morning
ProgN
Ranger, I'm looking at buying NVDA puts if it opens up tomorrow at the open. What do you think?
La Bamba
AG
JD showing strength on a down day. Thoughts on it hitting 24 today or this week?
badharambe
AG
Picked up some $19 AMD puts for 2 weeks out here at 20.80s area as it's the 61% retracement and market seems heavy still. Plus potential double top on SPY now.

Any meaningful push over 21 will get me to cut.
badharambe
AG
For you momo addicts:

aunuwyn08
AG
Palantir. That is one to really keep your eye on.
gougler08
AG
La Bamba said:

JD showing strength on a down day. Thoughts on it hitting 24 today or this week?
Bounced right off resistance again today...needs to get through that 24 and change mark and then it should run
Colt98
AG
OA, did I screw up this morning not selling my puts when ROKU dipped to 41.35? I was thinking of selling, got on a phone call and when I got off it had moved back up. I've never traded weekly options before this trade. Just curious how fast the time premium will decay each day this week. Looks like ROKU may stay above 42 now.
Ragoo
AG
Do they expire this week? Decay will eat them faster and faster the closer to Friday we get.
First Page Last Page
Page 365 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.