Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,074,331 Views | 224426 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good numbers from Lam Research AH on earnings....thought the semis would be the tell for the health of the economy after they warned all last quarter...looks good so far.
Ranger222
AG
stock I regret the most not loading up in December -- XLNX. If you're not familiar with it, look into it. Best of the chips right now.
Colt98
AG
I ended up buying a few hundred shares of Sum today for $13.90. This thread has been awesome. Thanks to this thread I'm in some ROKU at $30(almost pulled the trigger on the 42.50 covered calls today, but work got in the way). Bought some MU on the pull back and missed the CC last week, so looking for a run to resistance to enter into some. Also got into JD last week and waiting for an opportunity for some Feb CC on it. I've only been doing this trading with my HSA money. Most of my market money has been in mutual funds the last 15 yrs, as I've been building my real estate portfolio, traded some when I was in my young twenty's. This thread has re-energized my trading buzz. OA1 and others, I can't thank you enough for the awesome content you provide daily on this site.
oldarmy1
AG
Josepi said:

CX took a small dive this AM. I don't see any real reasons.

Any idea why I shouldn't add some more at this dip?
Nope - just ebbs and flows
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought Feb 15 $67 Strikes on CSX

$66.19 premarket

Ways to play this. Sell half, or all, on an opening pop that approaches $67 and wait for potential re-entry or hold for target exit.

Generally when I get a pop to strike price so quickly after entry I take half off. Most options I'm buying will be Feb 15 or later because I think the shutdown will end giving the markets a pop.

As long as we don't have a deep selloff stocks are going to yo-yo around.
EngrAg14
AG
Oldarmy1; how do you feel about SQ Calls for Feb 8th through earnings?

I am personally thinking Feb 8th for 75, then 80-85 for earnings.
Basing this off the earnings being good as they have been lately and the stock market pop from the government being funded in the future again.
oldarmy1
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Oldarmy1; how do you feel about SQ Calls for Feb 8th through earnings?

I am personally thinking Feb 8th for 75, then 80-85 for earnings.
Basing this off the earnings being good as they have been lately and the stock market pop from the government being funded in the future again.
Definitiely headed into earnings. They also received several price target upgrades. I had $75 covered calls entered Friday and exited Monday, when posting I was exiting covered calls. So flying free and clear right now but I WILL be hedging SQ a few days or the day prior to earnings depending on how much traction it gets upward.
oldarmy1
AG
NVDA

Can you believe they allowed NVDA buys at $125?

Same geniuses that were selling ROKU or NFLX. Good grief the short-term short sighted people.
oldarmy1
AG
Here's why CSX traded lower after the open. So an investment firm who already has proven to be short-sighted by selling position lower is being taken as smart enough to cause people to sell shares now? ROFL

Meanwhile investor sentiment is at all-time high on it. Entry opportunity for those wanting to get in on Feb 15 $67 options.

https://www.mmahotstuff.com/2019/01/24/founders-capital-management-llc-decreased-its-c-s-x-corp-csx-stake-as-stock-price-declined.html

CSX going through its $65 magnet move now and note the 50k share minute buy setting the lows.
oldarmy1
AG
SUM

Don't question the magnet flash downs on stocks that have bottomed out and starting their trend higher. Learn to love them like one did yesterday and capitalize.
oldarmy1
AG
jj9000
AG
What are you guys' thoughts on long ET ?

That Yield is attractive.
oldarmy1
AG
ET has a great looking chart. Post initial big move off bottom its been slowly consolidating searching for next major support.
oldarmy1
AG
NFLX back above $330 and on go my covered calls. Thank you world!

You guys realize that makes total $23 gains/share in covered calls. Now this time I bought calls in tandem $5 higher so my net offset is only $2.10 of what you would call "missed" gains should the bottom looking to have formed turns into a v move back above $340.
oldarmy1
AG
Need 2660 S&P for this to turn into a rally.
deadbq03
AG
jj9000 said:

What are you guys' thoughts on long ET ?

That Yield is attractive.
You're probably already aware, but take note of the tax implications of master limited partnerships, even in IRAs.
Colt98
AG
So is ROKU consolidating here for a big move up?
Ragoo
AG
Colt98 said:

So is ROKU consolidating here for a big move up?
could be, Right at the upper end of the 30 minute keltner channel right now.
Ranger222
AG
Day trading chat rooms were playing ROKU this afternoon. Broke out and got all the way to ~43.25 before big selling volumes. Look at the 1 minute chart and see the selling volume at 13:08 and 13:43 ET. Nice pump and dump.

Still think its good for a swing trade though, but be way of the volatility.
oldarmy1
AG
SQ hitting some alerts. Average selection is the Feb 15 $75 strikes
Ragoo
AG
Ranger222 said:

Day trading chat rooms were playing ROKU this afternoon. Broke out and got all the way to ~43.25 before big selling volumes. Look at the 1 minute chart and see the selling volume at 13:08 and 13:43 ET. Nice pump and dump.

Still think its good for a swing trade though, but be way of the volatility.
i assume you mean 12:35 and 13:08. Big red volume spikes.
leoj
AG
Anyone who got in on PCG at under 7 on 1/15 has almost doubled their money. Just found not responsible for 2017 fire by the investigation. Believe 2018 is still a liability though.
Colt98
AG
So on SQ, what makes you look at the Feb 75 and not further out of the money like the 77? If it pops, shouldn't it pop to 78-80?
badharambe
AG
one of my favorite follows on twitter:

just got me a lot more than 2x:

edit: fixed picture

leoj
AG
Holy ****
UpstateAg
AG
Bravo
badharambe
AG
Just lucky.....followed someone that appeared to know something, and they did.

for the record, that 10k options purchase is worth over 2 mil now, soooo I made pennies in comparison.
IrishTxAggie
AG
khkman22
AG
badharambe said:

one of my favorite follows on twitter:

just got me a lot more than 2x:

edit: fixed picture

You only bought 3 contracts? What a dumb@$$!
leoj
AG
What if the SEC actually investigated everything like that that goes on?

Also way to share with the class! Lol
khkman22
AG
docaggie said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trader-says-he-has-no-money-at-risk-then-promptly-loses-almost-2000-2019-01-22

Things didn't go as planned for this guy.
Going back to this. I was wondering if since he was bragging about a can't miss trade if someone on that same thread had the funds to be able to call him out and teach him a lesson.

When an option is exercised, how is it decided which individual's option is called? Luck of the draw or some other factor?
jmcfar_98
AG
leoj said:

What if the SEC actually investigated everything like that that goes on?

Also way to share with the class! Lol

Exactly. Highway 6 runs both ways.
badharambe
AG
lol. The SEC never does, especially when they are shut down. I could find a few more tweets from the poster above where he finds similar call action prior to a large event but in most instances he finds the buys after the news break. One example of this was during the "steel tariffs" debacle. after the announcement and crazy move in steel stocks, @oddstocktrader found a large option bet (10 or 15k) placed an hour or so before the announcement.

What did I learn? Someone ALWAYS KNOWS.

lol, sorry, I should have mentioned it but I doubt anyone would have taken the trade anyway. I have mentioned @oddstocktrader as someone that I highly recommend as a twitter follow.
badharambe
AG
Ranger222 said:

I agree that they have put out impressive content...but Disney pulling off their content and if NBC decides at some point to pull off The Office, Parks and Rec and Friends...will be interesting to see how they wade the waters of increased competition. The money burn is the scariest thing for me. Bigger gamble then people realize imho.

^^ I entirely agree with this post and think these reasons plus a few more are reasons that nflx might be facing significant headwinds in the future. Other reasons include:

- Disney potentially starting their own service in Q3, and removing current content from Netflix, this includes starwars, marvel, all Pixar, and maybe even any ABC shows and 21 Century Fox products.
- Realistically, with this last price increase they have probably maxed out the amount they can charge to subscribers without seeing some drop off.
- Cash burn, as mentioned above and as shown below:

Side note, anyone know how to size photos on this forum so they are not so obnoxiously large?
ProgN
Could you see Disney buying out ROKU? ROKU's platform is incredible and would jump start their development.

ETA: big graphics help with us olds.
First Page Last Page
Page 361 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.