Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,209 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
E said:

Should we look into buying SUM now or wait for it to go down a little more?
Anywhere around this $14 level will make you happy in July IMO

Remember the magnet rule works both ways. A stock moving lower under $20 gets within 10 cents of a big round number it generally flashes below that number, so $14 with flash below it becomes likely. But we're straining nats if this is a longer term entry you are looking for holding.

For day traders a stock like JD is on that watch to lose $22 and a flash entry on the stock or options would be the trade.
oldarmy1
AG
I closed my NFLX covered call on the quick 50% drop in premium. Wow things are moving quick.
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

E said:

Should we look into buying SUM now or wait for it to go down a little more?
Anywhere around this $14 level will make you happy in July IMO

Remember the magnet rule works both ways. A stock moving lower under $20 gets within 10 cents of a big round number it generally flashes below that number, so $14 with flash below it becomes likely. But we're straining nats if this is a longer term entry you are looking for holding.

For day traders a stock like JD is on that watch to lose $22 and a flash entry on the stock or options would be the trade.
Great, thanks for the info! I'm more of a buy and hold for a few months, i'm new to the whole stocks thing.
badharambe
AG
out nflx puts at 4.6, did exactly what I wanted.
out IBM puts at .72, just not doing what I wanted...too much sideways.
oldarmy1
AG
badharambe said:

out nflx puts at 4.6, did exactly what I wanted.
out IBM puts at .72, just not doing what I wanted...too much sideways.
One could do worse than to buy these stocks when posting exiting covered calls. Amirite? NFLX was flashing below $323 at $322.70 when posting the covered call exit and now above $324.50
oldarmy1
AG
SUM magnet move taking it below $14. Markets continue repeating h patterns so where it bottoms is hard to say. If I were looking to enter it right now I would sell a $15 naked Put for $1.40 giving you a net $13.60 entry on half of what you would eventually be good with holding long and then see if markets really melt for the other half.

Understasnd that if SUM trades above $15 on expiration you will only make the $140 per call profit and not own the shares. That said, you could turn around and buy the same number of shares represented at any time knowing that you have a sweet $1.40 per share savings.

oldarmy1
AG
Quite the reversal on the markets. We are still above yesterdays lows, for now.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Sold all my $22.5 weeklies when it popped to $.4. I've burned myself on options not being more didciplined and trying to turn a new leaf.
Daily award winner for non-greedy decision making goes to IrishTXAggie. I held mine and received an added whopping 3 cents but if the selloff had hit before that last push upward I would have been exiting well below 40 cents chasing the bid.

Well done!
Josepi
AG
CX took a small dive this AM. I don't see any real reasons.

Any idea why I shouldn't add some more at this dip?
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Sold all my $22.5 weeklies when it popped to $.4. I've burned myself on options not being more didciplined and trying to turn a new leaf.
Daily award winner for non-greedy decision making goes to IrishTXAggie. I held mine and received an added whopping 3 cents but if the selloff had hit before that last push upward I would have been exiting well below 40 cents chasing the bid.

Well done!

I watched it go to .4 and thought "I can get just a little more", then it went down. Then I set a limit sell of .33 and got it, thinking "well, I got a little at least". Then I watched in anguish as it went up to .43.

One of these days I'll get a hang of it. I'm still hanging on to SPOT calls cause I was dumb and didn't sell when I had a chance.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
MNGA with some volume noise. One of the top Zach's performers has listed it as his pick with a $1.50 target. I've got over a million reasons why I like the thought of that!
oldarmy1
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Well done!

I watched it go to .4 and thought "I can get just a little more", then it went down. Then I set a limit sell of .33 and got it, thinking "well, I got a little at least". Then I watched in anguish as it went up to .43.

One of these days I'll get a hang of it. I'm still hanging on to SPOT calls cause I was dumb and didn't sell when I had a chance.
Yeah when I posted exiting on SPOT when it goes green know that I'm hitting the exit button. I have bought back SPOT calls Feb 1 $135 strikes an hour ago.
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

MNGA with some volume noise. One of the top Zach's performers has listed it as his pick with a $1.50 target. I've got over a million reasons why I like the thought of that!

Holy crap! Early retirement plan?

I have 15,000 shares at .22 and thought that was a lot lol

Although there is a RS soon so that has me worried
oldarmy1
AG
Yeah, at this point it's sell extra shares on any decent pop and reload under 18 cents until we see what the reverse split looks like. I also hope it has options in tandem with the reverse split for added flexibility and protections.
oldarmy1
AG
From that bottom after last h was rejected we've had 5 n's. General rule on 5 n patterns is that it becomes an inflection point. Key not to see a breakdown below 2620 intraday from here.
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Yeah, at this point it's sell extra shares on any decent pop and reload under 18 cents until we see what the reverse split looks like. I also hope it has options in tandem with the reverse split for added flexibility and protections.

By that do you mean buy more once it get back to .18 to average down? Or sell if it goes up a bunch soon, then buy back in after RS?

Man I feel like I owe you a nice beer with all you've done on this thread!
oldarmy1
AG
Selling JD $22.50 above 40 cents and buying them back at 15 cents. Will either end up making 2 cents net on the two trades or make the week even more enjoyable.
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

oldarmy1 said:

By that do you mean buy more once it get back to .18 to average down? Or sell if it goes up a bunch soon, then buy back in after RS?

Man I feel like I owe you a nice beer with all you've done on this thread!
I buy up to 200k shares below 18 cents and sell them at 25 cents while waiting around. And if we get a flash down like we did at the 14 cent mark I doubled it (but sold those at 20 cents).

It's impossible to know how the stock will react to the RS announcement but odds are it would trade down. However, I've seen stocks rally on that for all kinds of reasons. But I'd still keep doing my approach on flash downs because the stock trades big volumes and has a lot of eyes on it long term.
khkman22
AG
In at $1.52.
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

In at $1.52.
Which one?
khkman22
AG
oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

In at $1.52.
Which one?
Sold SUM 2/15 $15 put
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

In at $1.52.
Which one?
Sold SUM 2/15 $15 put
Wow...now that is some excellent patience on a stock having a down day. Hats off to you for 12 more cents/share cover!
oldarmy1
AG
Bought Feb 15 $67 Strikes on CSX
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'm not letting these go for less than $1.90 for anyone who followed.
kylewhitener
So I'm guessing you think $0.91 is still a good value or did I miss the boat?
oldarmy1
AG
kylewhitener said:

So I'm guessing you think $0.91 is still a good value or did I miss the boat?
Still good value....if buying place bid at 85 cents see if it fills
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

In at $1.52.
Which one?
Sold SUM 2/15 $15 put
You bought the bottom. Hate it when that happens.
khkman22
AG
oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

In at $1.52.
Which one?
Sold SUM 2/15 $15 put
You bought the bottom. Hate it when that happens.
I've got skills.
kylewhitener
Thanks! Got in at $0.90

Oops didn't see your edit. Oh well
oldarmy1
AG
I'm starting to believe you guys on the Cramer curse.

JD having struggles getting above $22, not moving upward as market has pushed higher.

oldarmy1
AG
kylewhitener said:

Thanks! Got in at $0.90

Oops didn't see your edit. Oh well
Stop is set at 62 cents - fyi

NEVER ride options to zero...only ones that I ever let that happen is my end of week cheap weekly option speculations that cost under a dime.
tramaro1
AG
Irish, any news on AVEO? Suggest buying on this dip?
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Wow did you just see that spike!!!
E
AG
Purchased some SUM earlier and has me at +$10 total for the day! Haha, my only positive out of the bunch
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Wow did you just see that spike!!!
That's what we like to see!
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.