Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,070,198 Views | 224422 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by EliteZags
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
khkman22 said:

Prognightmare said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Does Roku fill the gap back at $34 anytime soon?
IMO, we'd have to have a flash down in the market for that to happen. If it does, I don't see it staying there very long at all. With the subscriber news this week and NFLX earnings next week and ROKU's on 2/19, it has more supporting news than negative.
But are ROKU's earnings going to be a sell the news event, no matter their earnings? With the release about subscriber numbers this week, it seems like a huge earnings announcement is already expected. Anything short of great could cause a large dip.
I will sell my position in stock and calls should it run up into earnings.
khkman22
AG
OA, have any "lotto" tickets you're looking at for tomorrow? Just the nickel or dime types that maybe you're looking to hit the next $.50 increment. Or do you usually wait until the morning of expiration to see how pre-market is looking before seeing if anything looks good?
IrishTxAggie
AG
MNGA just took a dive. 31,000,000 share issuance for $4,340,000. Brings it to ~$.14/share. Gonna be a long day with that one.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
wooooof - whats the play on MNGA? Do you buy more and hope it gets back to .3 soon? or do you just hold?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I added 20k shares at $.15. Brought my cost average down to ~$.20. I'm pot committed. I still really like them since OA turned me onto them and I'm not too worried. They're small and their sales are growing. They've got some stuff going on the the ME soon.
gougler08
AG
NFLX up again today, been on a tear lately heading in to earnings
ProgN
The upgrades a few days before earnings should give everyone some confidence that they will be good or at least forward guidance should be positive.
E
AG
I have been sitting on 11,000 shares a .23 since late December

Bought 2,000 more this morning after it dove to bring my average down but it only went to like .22
IrishTxAggie
AG
It's a risk you take with startups and recent IPOs. I look at recent IPOs as a trip to Vegas. Don't bring what you can't afford to lose.
Ragoo
AG
Bought a TLRY call this morning out 2/15 for 7.25. Already up over 8.35.
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

OA, have any "lotto" tickets you're looking at for tomorrow? Just the nickel or dime types that maybe you're looking to hit the next $.50 increment. Or do you usually wait until the morning of expiration to see how pre-market is looking before seeing if anything looks good?
JD $23 at a dime would be mine.
oldarmy1
AG
MNGA is going to go through a reverse split since it won't be above $1 by the deadline. That's why MNGA Execs went ahead and did the share offer. It's a growth company, so things will happen quick and like Irish said you handle the investment appropriately. I grabbed a bunch of shares like the last dip down and have a sell on those at 23 cents. It's already net free so this is trade time.
62strat
AG
gougler08 said:

UP 50% in under 3 weeks.
Crazy.

Hope it gets up to $400 again.
gougler08
AG
62strat said:

gougler08 said:

UP 50% in under 3 weeks.
Crazy.

I'd probably sell mine if it gets that high again and take the profit
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

AAAND you're up 30-40% already
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

Bought a TLRY call this morning out 2/15 for 7.25. Already up over 8.35.
over $9 now
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

MNGA is going to go through a reverse split since it won't be above $1 by the deadline. That's why MNGA Execs went ahead and did the share offer. It's a growth company, so things will happen quick and like Irish said you handle the investment appropriately. I grabbed a bunch of shares like the last dip down and have a sell on those at 23 cents. It's already net free so this is trade time.
Volume is slowing down big time right now and looks like people are holding. I think this might get back around $.21 today. Not a bad reversal from the $.138 it hit. Some day traders might be able to make a nice 50% flip on the day.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Volume is slowing down big time right now and looks like people are holding. I think this might get back around $.21 today. Not a bad reversal from the $.138 it hit. Some day traders might be able to make a nice 50% flip on the day.

Right? What kind of fool sales shares down to 14 cents just because the company grabbed some capital at 14cents interest free? Doh!

Heck offer me that deal. At any rate when it was approaching 14 cents I grabbed a couple hundred thousand shares. Really amazed at market makers sometimes, but appreciate them.
leoj
AG
What made you jump on that? Good trade
E
AG
In your opinion, what would happen to the price after a RS?

I'm new to the stock market game, and have started playing around with smaller dollars. Would it be wise to sell before the RS, or hold? My average is .222 and am not an aggressive buy/seller, i'm more of a buy and hold type.
Ragoo
AG
leoj said:

What made you jump on that? Good trade
idea from some option traders I follow on Twitter. Spike in volume, a lot of momentum, earnings in a month. Hope to ride it for a couple of days and see where it goes.
FHUAggie
gougler08 said:

62strat said:

gougler08 said:

UP 50% in under 3 weeks.
Crazy.

Are you looking to hold through the ER? Hate to be hasty, but getting tempting to take some profit in a rote "sell the news" type move.
oldarmy1
AG
The JD option special is up 90%
gougler08
AG
FHUAggie said:

gougler08 said:

62strat said:

gougler08 said:

UP 50% in under 3 weeks.
Crazy.

Are you looking to hold through the ER? Hate to be hasty, but getting tempting to take some profit in a rote "sell the news" type move.

My cost position is $330 or so, so I'm holding for ER
IrishTxAggie
AG
FHUAggie said:

gougler08 said:

62strat said:

gougler08 said:

UP 50% in under 3 weeks.
Crazy.

I would expect a good bit of profit taking to come in after ER. As it starts to get to a peak from the good ER (assumed) run up sell a covered call.
mavsfan4ever
AG
oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

Just to be clear, what were you recommending here? To buy or sell on option? I own the stock and it hasn't done much today, so I'm trying to figure out what sort of investment you were referring to. Thanks for all of the responses you and others provide on this thread. Really interesting to follow.
IrishTxAggie
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

Just to be clear, what were you recommending here? To buy or sell on option? I own the stock and it hasn't done much today, so I'm trying to figure out what sort of investment you were referring to. Thanks for all of the responses you and others provide on this thread. Really interesting to follow.
He was saying to buy a 1/11 $23 for a quick pop off of this morning's low. It hit $23.13 on the high after it's bottom at 22.69.
leoj
AG
Citron Research takes a shot at Netflix (NFLX +4%).
"NFLX investors at this level as blind as Bird Box. Market cap up $45 bill in 12 days or 12 $DWA / 12 $LGF / 10 $ROKU / 5 Hulu. $NFLX to trade back to $300," tweets the firm.
gougler08
AG
Odds they are shorting NFLX? At least 90% right?
leoj
AG
FTK up 83% today. Has been on a huge slide over the past year though.
AgShaun00
AG
newsletter i follow just recommended SMH 85 Feb 15 puts for 1.20

not a recommendation, but saying the resistance and overbought levels are in play now.
oldarmy1
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

That was my buy for a pop back above $23. But on the Friday expirations you MUST move quickly to sell, or at least sell enough options to recoup your cost - if looking to see if markets jumped. So in JD's instance when I posted it popped up 90% you should be exiting at least 6 of 10 options (as example).
oldarmy1
AG
PNC....If it hits $117.50 Monday I'm buying the $122 Strikes out to January 25th for 85 cents or better.

Giving you guys kind of a playbook based on some of my analytics.
WestTexAg12
AG
Anybody have thoughts on Activision (ATVI)? Down about 10% from yesterday because they gave the rights to one of their games away.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
leoj
AG
You think it falls with C earnings?
First Page Last Page
Page 349 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.