Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,092,344 Views | 224493 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AVEO down 6.5% this morning
IrishTxAggie
AG
Seor Chang said:

Yep! Was way off on that! Sell the news! But I typically don't worry that much about it anymore. And the first 30mins of trading is always pandemonium
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Seor Chang said:

Yep! Was way off on that! Sell the news! But I typically don't worry that much about it anymore. And the first 30mins of trading is always pandemonium
Señor Chang
AG
Another noob options question: if I have a call option expiring tomorrow on Robinhood and want to execute it, do I need to do anything? Will it execute automatically if it's in the money?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Jizzle89 said:

Phunware had a decent day today... holy hell

This thing is still climbing!
Ragoo
AG
Seor Chang said:

Another noob options question: if I have a call option expiring tomorrow on Robinhood and want to execute it, do I need to do anything? Will it execute automatically if it's in the money?
you bought the call? Is it in the money? Do you want to own the stock? It is likely that you could sell the option back today and capture some time value. Tomorrow that time value goes away.
Señor Chang
AG
I sold one Roku $34 call option and bought a $32 call option. I'd like to execute it so I can continue to own the shares.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Seor Chang said:

I sold one Roku $34 call option and bought a $32 call option. I'd like to execute it so I can continue to own the shares.
Sell the call now and then buy the shares. You should still have a premium in the call due to the time decay not expiring.
leoj
AG
Pretty nice response to that open
Ragoo
AG
Seor Chang said:

lets say you own 100 shares, you then sold a covered call and bought a call at a lower strike. Both are now very much in the money.

You have realized the max profit of the vertical. They cancel each other out. Let them expire tomorrow.

Call or email your brokerage support for confirmation.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Robinhood on options exercising
https://support.robinhood.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001214723
gougler08
AG
What happened with that huge volume on the minute chart on TWTR? Went from 33 to 33.50 and then back down to 33.20 in 1 candle
khkman22
AG
Seor Chang said:

If you execute the $32 option, then if you don't close out your $34 option, the person that bought it will exercise it and you will end up with 0 shares after all is said and done. Would probably be easiest to close both option positions and just buy it outright. Then you will have also effectively lowered your entry price on the stock by the delta of the vertical spread you are holding with each of those options.
J_Landes89
AG
Opinion question:

If I am much more of a buy stock and hold long term rather than try and day trade/buy sell daily weekly type...

Is it still worth following day trade types on twitter/other platforms for advice and news as well???

Or focus on same type of people who invest like you do??

Just curious as to this boards preference there.

Thanks
IrishTxAggie
AG
Jizzle89 said:

Opinion question:

If I am much more of a buy stock and hold long term rather than try and day trade/buy sell daily weekly type...

Is it still worth following day trade types on twitter/other platforms for advice and news as well???

Or focus on same type of people who invest like you do??

Just curious as to this boards preference there.

Thanks
Following the day traders on Twitter or StockTwits can give you an idea of looking for bottom fishing on stocks you may be interested in picking up. They'll look to them for the quick pop and then let go and onto their next flip. For instance, Constellation Brands took a 12% haircut yesterday and hit a new 52wk low, but today it is up ~6%. It was an overreaction selloff and day traders likely made a pretty tidy profit today.
FHUAggie
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3422158-roku-minus-2_5-percent-following-amazon-free-streaming-news

Quote:

Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) is down 2.5% and back near session lows following news that Amazon.com's IMDb has launched a Roku-like free streaming channel for movies and TV.
gougler08
AG
ALGN just went crazy
gougler08
AG
Also just realized that NFLX releases quarterly results next week...let's see 380+ again
Ragoo
AG
Man, I bought SPY calls this morning on the dip during a green candle after a red hammer on the 15 minute chart. Also was a bounce off of a keltner channel set with a 25 period and 3 shift.

The price had also moved will below the same keltner channel on the 5 minute chart.

Note: on the 5 minutes the price just shot up and touched the top of the channel and immediately fell back.
FHUAggie
gougler08 said:

Also just realized that NFLX releases quarterly results next week...let's see 380+ again

Exactly what I'm waiting for! Bought the dip in the low $310's...looking forward to the 17th.
ProgN
And IrishTxAg,

I've been away all day helping my dad. WTF happened to ROKU today?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Amazon happened...
ProgN
gougler08 said:

They crush earnings then ROKU piggybacks that run, IMO.
ProgN
Oh, free viewing nonsense?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yep. The IMDb Freedive launch.
ProgN
http://www.tfc.state.tx.us/divisions/supportserv/prog/statesurplus/

Hey gang, I took my dad to this surplus store today for office furniture for a new store he's opening in Killeen. This is the government surplus store. This also has all the items that TSA confiscates at the airport. Knives, clubs, tools, etc at dirt cheap prices. Even the expensive confiscated knives are behind the counter but at about 25% of their original value. If you have kids needing anything for college or people needing something on a budget check this place out. If you click on the link, ALL of those office chairs are only $9 each, as an example. Anyway, I just wanted to share it with my family.

Gig'em
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Yep. The IMDb Freedive launch.
I'll take only a $2 dive. Now if it were at $80, it would get crushed. This news will be forgotten by Monday and if NFLX destroys estimates, ROKU should pop. Also, ROKU's tech platform is the industry best.
FHUAggie
Netflix getting some interesting movement AH
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

Hey gang, I took my dad to this surplus store today for office furniture for a new store he's opening in Killeen. This is the government surplus store. This also has all the items that TSA confiscates at the airport. Knives, clubs, tools, etc at dirt cheap prices. Even the expensive confiscated knives are behind the counter but at about 25% of their original value. If you have kids needing anything for college or people needing something on a budget check this place out. If you click on the link, ALL of those office chairs are only $9 each, as an example. Anyway, I just wanted to share it with my family.

Gig'em
if this is the big warehouse in Austin this is where I got my desk, bookshelf and filing cabinet for my room in college. It is a fascinating place to walk around for a couple of hours.
cgh1999
AG
Upgrade by UBS.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Prognightmare said:

Gig'em
if this is the big warehouse in Austin this is where I got my desk, bookshelf and filing cabinet for my room in college. It is a fascinating place to walk around for a couple of hours.
It is, It's insane what you can buy and save money on. Brand new laptop cases for $10. They have a great fridge for $100 and state vehicles that still have a lot of life in the tank for low prices. My step-daughter is 13 but I will check this place out when she turns 16. Let her make her mistakes in one of these vehicles. I bought brand new Apple chargers for $5 each.
WestTexAg12
AG
Does Roku fill the gap back at $34 anytime soon?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
ProgN
WestTexAg12 said:

IMO, we'd have to have a flash down in the market for that to happen. If it does, I don't see it staying there very long at all. With the subscriber news this week and NFLX earnings next week and ROKU's on 2/19, it has more supporting news than negative.
Ragoo
AG
Anyone have thoughts on nflx $400 calls out to 3/15 or so. Could probably scalp 20% or more on good earnings next week.
khkman22
AG
Prognightmare said:

WestTexAg12 said:

IMO, we'd have to have a flash down in the market for that to happen. If it does, I don't see it staying there very long at all. With the subscriber news this week and NFLX earnings next week and ROKU's on 2/19, it has more supporting news than negative.
But are ROKU's earnings going to be a sell the news event, no matter their earnings? With the release about subscriber numbers this week, it seems like a huge earnings announcement is already expected. Anything short of great could cause a large dip.
First Page Last Page
Page 348 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.