Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,007 Views | 224257 Replies | Last: 17 sec ago by Heineken-Ashi
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Played a big order yesterday in Monster calls and what do you know, analyst upgrade this morning. Quick 80% gainer. Sold at the open for a nice little boost to the new year.

I'd be taking profits as we are heading into a resistance area....seeing rising wedges everywhere on charts and that could mean some downside ahead and potential follow through......most of the new leaders I have been following like TWLO and AYX are down 5% already today. Pop and fade this morning could leave a lot of shooting stars on daily charts at end of day
Ranger222
AG
gougler08
AG
So noob question here, but what are the key differences between SPX and SPY?
FHUAggie
gougler08 said:

So noob question here, but what are the key differences between SPX and SPY?
Here ya go my friend:

Quote:

SPX is an index, whereas SPY is an ETF. That means that SPX value is determined directly by the value of the underlying stocks comprising the S&P 500. SPY, on the other hand, is "influenced" by these very same stocks, but its price is set by buyers and sellers of the ETF.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/307729-spy-or-spx-a-tale-of-2-options
Dan Scott
AG
Love love AYX
oldarmy1
AG
Hard to believe AAPL is within $8 of its lows still. Broke $150 so the train is leaving the station.
IrishTxAggie
AG
NKTR on a big move today after announcing collaboration with GILD the the JPM19.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Hard to believe AAPL is within $8 of its lows still. Broke $150 so the train is leaving the station.
Think there's any chance it gets down to fill that 121 gap from Jan 2017?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Only if the last drop wasn't a retest. 2700 = many stocks breaking out of the downturn not to return until another cycle.
Rice and Fries
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

God I hope so.
ProgN
Big jump in ROKU on heavy volume
oldarmy1
AG
Citron sure gave a gift.
oldarmy1
AG
https://www.theinformation.com/articles/go-jek-to-buy-stake-in-jd-coms-indonesian-e-commerce-business
ProgN
FHUAggie
oldarmy1 said:

No kidding. Only thing that's still causes some concern for me is the ER in a few weeks. Seems like the revenue failures that'll be reported are somewhat baked in, perhaps, but curious how revenue from their services shakes out, as well as any other new technology mentions.

But it does seem like we've seen the lowest prices we may see for awhile.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought HLT
ProgN
FWIW:
Quote:

On CNBC's "Fast Money Halftime Report", Jon Najarian spoke about an unusually high options activity in Square Inc (NYSE: SQ). He said options traders were buying the January 63 calls on Tuesday. Around 4,500 contracts were traded and this was the second trading session in a row with heavy volume as around 3,000 contracts were traded on Monday. Najarian bought calls in the name and he is planning to hold them for 10 days.

He has also noticed some options activity in VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSE: GDX). Options traders were buying upside calls in the name. These calls are expiring next week and around 8,000 contracts were traded. Najarian followed the trade and he is planning to hold the position for 10 days.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought HLT

Just booked the Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya for the end of the month. You're welcome!
oldarmy1
AG
Markets consolidated and look like they want to run. Shorts better look out
oldarmy1
AG
JD had the pullback mentioned after hours yesterday. That engine looks revved up.
ProgN
Quote:

'Halftime Report' Picks For January 8: Amarin, Apple And More
Today 2:03 PM ET (Benzinga)Print
On CNBC's "Fast Money Halftime Report", Jon Najarian said he likes Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ: AMRN).

Rob Sechan thinks ISHARES INC/CORE MSCI EMERGING (NYSE: IEMG) is inexpensive.

Jim Lebenthal is a buyer of weakness in Roku Inc (NASDAQ: ROKU).

Stephanie Link likes Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY). She said it yields 4.7 percent and it can support its dividend with crude oil at $50.

Joe Terranova is a buyer of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL).
gougler08
AG
NFLX needs to keep going or it's going to leave a hanging man technical
ryanhnc10
AG
A ton of head fakes today trying to day trade
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

I sent them a message and got that clarification. My reply to that was they should be jailed.
ProgN
Agreed
ProgN

From the replies of that tweet.
cr
I thought we were in a bear market.
oldarmy1
AG
cr said:

I thought we were in a bear market.
Who said so?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Pretty sure that clay711 poster or whatever did about 20 pages back.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I imagine you can get out of those puts for a nice quick ~30% flip to free the equity if you decide not to ride it longer.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Pretty sure that clay711 poster or whatever did about 20 pages back.
It was a good correction for sure and a lot of sectors had been in bear territory, and still are (Gold, Construction, oil etc). Also, most stocks haven't risen above their last tops so we neither have a bull confirmation nor a bear macro confirmation at this point. The only ones who made good money are the traders who bought the flash sales and then have sold or hedged at this point.

We need to see 2700 on the S&P before getting all cozy about bear/bull calls. Meanwhile, I think even a novice could read back through the last year and see that we made a killing and then went cash and thin thin thin into the elections. That means we experienced no negative impact on capital. Then we went in with one foot at 2500, got a bounce for some sells and covered calls (again all posted in real time as close as possible) and then dove in with 50% of all dollars at the PRE-POSTED 2350 mark flash down. Now we're cleaning up on gains and hedging while we wait and see.

January has produced a whopping 39% on all dollars invested. ROKU alone (posted as the largest entry on the 2350 flash down) generated over 61% on sales at $45 (again posted in real time).

All we want to do around here is make big money. I like hearing from other traders, regardless of tenure.

oldarmy1
AG
EXEL with the breakout day above its previous bounce high. This is what you want to see. One by one stocks bust out of the downward channel. It's hard for market makers to hide the moves when in a recovery its more about "when" versus "if". Lot of stocks still super attractive out there for long term traders or simply long term investors.

WYNN, HLT in the services sector will make you an easy 10%+ ROI over the next 90-120 days plus the dividends IMO
oldarmy1
AG
Unnamed Source said:

I grabbed some CX
Name your source!
FJB
AG
OA1 for the win. Thanks so much for this thread and your posts. Learned and learning tons.
ProgN
If anyone is interested. Jim Cramer is about to show an interview with Tim Cook (AAPL CEO) on Mad Money on CNBC.
First Page Last Page
Page 344 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.