Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,437 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JD acting bullish
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU strong rebound continues. I've placed my first covered call hedge out to next Friday at $32.50 strike for $1.30 premium with some fills
evan_aggie
AG
Spending and corporate tightening of the belt will start next year as rates go up.

They say stocks are only for 10-15% of the wealthy, but things like employment, business expansion and spending, $100k+ home remodels (here in Austin) are driven by how good people are feeling. It all trickled down. Wealth doesn't appear bottom up but by top down.

I think we, at the very least, seem to be setup for a bit of stagnation.
oldarmy1
AG
evan_aggie said:

Spending and corporate tightening of the belt will start next year as rates go up.

They say stocks are only for 10-15% of the wealthy, but things like employment, business expansion and spending, $100k+ home remodels (here in Austin) are driven by how good people are feeling. It all trickled down. Wealth doesn't appear bottom up but by top down.

Agree. That means a traders paradise!
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

evan_aggie said:

Agree. That means a traders paradise!
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ROKU strong rebound continues. I've placed my first covered call hedge out to next Friday at $32.50 strike for $1.30 premium with some fills
$32 magnet worked like a charm for positioning ROKU covered calls. Big ROUND numbers
Premium
AG
So DOW down about $500 already
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

JD acting bullish

Can it break through that downward trend line in the next week or two? It has to run at some point right?
oldarmy1
AG
I bought my ROKU covered calls back half price. Geez louise the action on stocks is entertaining.
oldarmy1
AG
5 DMA and MACD lines all crossed so a likely lower range set for the day.
FriscoKid
AG
We having fun yet?
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

We having fun yet?
Just covered my big 3 hedges. NFLX, AAPL and NVDA. Let's see how naked feels.
FriscoKid
AG
Yesterday's bounce was just a technical bounce off of the trend line from 2008 to present. We are going to challenge that again soon.

Looks to be losing any support though for the day. 2393 maybe?
oldarmy1
AG
Think so.

Good day for penny stocks. MNGA moving back into its support levels.
oldarmy1
AG
So MNGA flashed down for fills just above 17 cents making it my largest share position (naturally). I just lightened 50% of those buys into that 26 cent spike. No reason other than discipline plan. It could stop here around 26 cents or it might do one of its real spike moves to 50 cents. I have a sell order for 25% of my total holdings at $0.4998 as an fyi.

It's already a net free holding but when you get an opening off a flash I take it.
oldarmy1
AG
Living naked is fun!
gougler08
AG
MU showing some strength today off that hammer yesterday, let's hope it can keep it up for a bit longer here
oldarmy1
AG
So a 50% retracement. Yuppers
oldarmy1
AG
S&P reverse H&S
FriscoKid
AG
Watch us close flat for the day. 2428 was some pretty good intraday resistance. Now that this is cleared it wouldn't surprise me at all. Just watching for now. I don't have a position.
drill4oil78
AG
FriscoKid said:

Yesterday's bounce was just a technical bounce off of the trend line from 2008 to present. We are going to challenge that again soon.

Looks to be losing any support though for the day. 2393 maybe?
It also bounced off the 200wkMA which was interesting. I think we still rally up to the 2525-2600 area before a test of the lows occur. We are still extremely oversold.
gougler08
AG
And we are green, that was quick
oldarmy1
AG
BUY THE DIPS
claym711
AG
Some huge volume yesterday and today generating enormous bounces. Similar to end of Nov / beginning of Dec bounce. Swing trader went long.
oldarmy1
AG
The AMZN covered calls bought back for $1.11 are now trading over $9.

Somedays the feel of decision points just works out all around. I have no covered calls and shares of most everything are within a few points or green. Praise the Lord!

Now a MNGA after hours run would be icing.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Wouldn't mind MNGA coming back down to $.20 around the beginning of the year...
gougler08
AG
ROKU has a pretty nicely defined V Bottom, went with Jan 4 31 calls with an exit if it breaks the V
drill4oil78
AG
claym711 said:

Some huge volume yesterday and today generating enormous bounces. Similar to end of Nov / beginning of Dec bounce. Swing trader went long.
Exactly where was the huge volume. Volume was relatively thin.
Carlo4
AG
tailgatetimer10
AG
Holy crap! What a turn around today
oldarmy1
AG
drill4oil78 said:

claym711 said:

Exactly where was the huge volume. Volume was relatively thin.
Only 23% of stocks traded above their last 90 day volume, so it was selective. However - here is the secret. A whopping 92% of all stocks traded a minimum of 2X their average daily volume in the 2nd half of the day. See DE as Exhibit A. It's a market makers trick because most people look at average daily volume. Track the per minute volume historically and you see why I post exiting covered calls when I did and even bought a few shares of bigger movers.

The tale of 2 half's. Average volume 1st half significantly lower than average per minute volume over last 90 days (except for yesterday) 2nd half of day 2-6X per minute average volume.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Look what you did!
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Look what you did!

AH is so enjoyable. All 30K shares sunk it ~8%
claym711
AG
Futures volume, or more specifically magnitude of price change to futures volume.

Only thing more extreme was first bounce of Feb lows. Prior to that first bounce off 2011 correction lows was similar.

Highly likely approximate lows will be revisited within the next 1-2 months, also likely that current low is near the bottom unless we crash.

So....sell the rip :P My trend trader went long. I'm not a believer, but it's smarter than me.
oldarmy1
AG
You have a target for upper band before the rip?
First Page Last Page
Page 333 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.