Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,117,223 Views | 224619 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by oldarmy1
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Around 2530-40 it will tighten up the trailing stop, but that's just profit taking. Won't short again without a price stall or major volume. 2590-2600 should be strong resistance m.
oldarmy1
AG
Thanks!. I'm not hedging at this point until we hit 2520. In 401k's and SEP it will be either covered calls (for highest % gainers) or Puts. For trading accounts I slow bleed exit selling or sell deeper in the money covered calls. Example is NFLX. Entry $232.24 and I had target of $265-$270. I'll sell some shares at $260 and then once it hits $265 I'll see where macro markets are and if at or above 2520 S&P I'll sell a $255 covered call. If $270 then a $260.

MTUM $100 guarantee completed for those who bought in the $94's. That one I will sell a covered call $105 out 2 weeks.

Right now minimum gain on all stocks entered Monday is 3.4% with a high of 18.8% (non-penny stocks). Rubberband moves are when biggest % gains occur.

Happy trading!

Shiner Bock
AG
Any thoughts on Philip Morris? Seems significantly oversold. I like the dividend and considering an entry. Just been smoked lately
ProgN
Shiner Bock said:

Any thoughts on Philip Morris? Seems significantly oversold. I like the dividend and considering an entry. Just been smoked lately

They'll probably cut their dividend as more people switch to vaping and legal pot. Too many better sticks on sale right now.
oldarmy1
AG
Not expecting much fireworks today with option expiration, unless some budget reconciliation were to occur.
cslifer
They have made significant investment in vaping (Juul) and legal weed as well. I added a bit to my position a couple months ago. I plan on holding it and seeing where it goes.
leoj
AG
I think you guys are getting Altria (MO) and Phillip Morris (PM) mixed up.
oldarmy1
AG
cslifer
You are right, I was talking about Altria.
gougler08
AG
ROKU off that V bottom line again today around 29.50...wouldn't be a bad entry point for short term calls with a quick hook if it drops far below that
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

ROKU off that V bottom line again today around 29.50...wouldn't be a bad entry point for short term calls with a quick hook if it drops far below that
Today's like today generally have great v bottom intraday opportunities in first hour. SQ presented a great one too. Dropped below $55 (big round number) on a flash before heading back up. It was my cheapo option trade $56's.
claym711
AG
How do you keep up with all this from the road? Seems like you are on the move a lot. You have anyone working for you?

Your strategy of buys with covered calls is damn good. That performance metric on a long heavy strategy in the last 3 months is amazing. Not many people are making money long heavy in this.
oldarmy1
AG
claym711 said:

How do you keep up with all this from the road? Seems like you are on the move a lot. You have anyone working for you?

Your strategy of buys with covered calls is damn good. That performance metric on a long heavy strategy in the last 3 months is amazing. Not many people are making money long heavy in this.
I do have 3 people on staff who compile data and alert on key market points. Then I have a dozen fellow traders in a feedback loop. Going alone in the worlds biggest ocean would be insanity.

And thank you, sir!
oldarmy1
AG
I'll be out goofing off rest of today and no more Friday options. However, if you are a die-hard who will be watching then SQ, JD or Roku nickel priced calls at the closest 50 cent mark above current price would be low loss with gain opportunity. You'd want to see those before 12:30 because anything can happen. Markets could push upward towards or just above those 50 cent marks for a nice gain as long as it happens by 2 pm.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'll be out goofing off rest of today and no more Friday options. However, if you are a die-hard who will be watching then SQ, JD or Roku nickel priced calls at the closest 50 cent mark above current price would be low loss with gain opportunity. You'd want to see those before 12:30 because anything can happen. Markets could push upward towards or just above those 50 cent marks for a nice gain as long as it happens by 2 pm.
My wife bought SQ calls and just texted me that she made $2500 in less than 30 minutes. Anyone take the pullback for a spin on either of the 3?
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

My wife bought SQ calls and just texted me that she made $2500 in less than 30 minutes. Anyone take the pullback for a spin on either of the 3?

Added to my ROKU 31 calls for Jan 4 on the pull back
oldarmy1
AG
Well we hit 2520 and I got the text so I had an array of covered calls and sales planned before leaving late morning that were executed. Note the green/red reversal on the tops occurring at that time. NFLX crested $262 versus desired $265 but the 2520 overruled and the covered calls were executed.

Here is what I was sent when it hit 2520. Can you see the final breakout on volume pushed to highs right in sync with 2520 on S&P all green and then all red losing that last entire break upward movement? Put that in your short term resistance chart for NFLX tied to 2520.

oldarmy1
AG
Volume alert on MNGA
oldarmy1
AG
Maybe some follow through fuel? See if futures are bright green Monday. Depending on timing we have several catalyst events short term.

ProgN
I was about to come and post this for the board.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Maybe some follow through fuel? See if futures are bright green Monday. Depending on timing we have several catalyst events short term.

4D chess being played!
oldarmy1
AG
BABA and JD likely to get a nice bounce

https://qz.com/1449041/a-complete-rundown-of-how-china-is-leading-the-retail-revolution/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sr-paid&utm_content=twitter_feed
oldarmy1
AG
Futures been as high as +25.
oldarmy1
AG
If this is a bear market we shouldn't see beyond a 50% retracement upwards. That puts 2575 area as top. That also would be a technical point where a bull market correction rally would pause, so don't expect to have anything easy after the bottom entries we got reaches above 2550.

Also, a retest is always likely after deep corrections IF this has been a bull market correction. If its a bear market we would blow right through the support levels.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

https://qz.com/1449041/a-complete-rundown-of-how-china-is-leading-the-retail-revolution/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sr-paid&utm_content=twitter_feed

JD went off that downward trend line again today, needs to break it and then maybe it can run for a while
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

JD went off that downward trend line again today, needs to break it and then maybe it can run for a while
Yeah its likely gonna take the actual China trade deal to be real and you'll see a $5 jump on JD. A $15-20 jump on BABA and NIO will be back above $8
oldarmy1
AG
reverse head and shoulder....heading higher
FJB
AG
I jumped in on JD & MNGA. Had some money laying around, so why not? I've enjoyed this thread and I am trying to play catch-up.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Yeah its likely gonna take the actual China trade deal to be real and you'll see a $5 jump on JD. A $15-20 jump on BABA and NIO will be back above $8
JD is pretty range bound right now between ~19.25 and 22.50...I dilly dalleyed this morning and didn't buy puts when it hit that 22.40 high mark and now look at it, damn
gougler08
AG
NFLX does look like it's trying to get through that downward trend line though
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

reverse head and shoulder....heading higher

Bought ROKU this morning in my 3 yr old son's custodial account.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

NFLX does look like it's trying to get through that downward trend line though
NFLX and SQ were two largest buys in 401k's and SEP's. I can't thank the hysterics enough for those opportunities!
gougler08
AG
What was that last minute?
claym711
AG
Huge net buy price/volume on 3 minute bar into the close. Largest of this correction.
oldarmy1
AG
claym711 said:

Huge net buy price/volume on 3 minute bar into the close. Largest of this correction.

I sure hope that wasn't a short clear out bear trap move. We'll know premarket Wednesday
First Page Last Page
Page 334 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.