Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,560 Views | 224470 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by McInnis 03
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Roku
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Roku
I second this. I hope the market follows the overseas markets and opens up down big in the morning. I'm buying ROKU if that happens.
claym711
AG
Roku is a ****ing disaster scene.
IrishTxAggie
AG
It's taken a very very unfair beating in this selloff I think. I still think it's got very solid potential and is a disruptor in the market. Ragoo has converted me.
Ragoo
AG
claym711 said:

Roku is a ****ing disaster scene.
based on what? Over the years if you have been anything it has been a pessimistic bear. I am not sure you've ever posted a bullish take.
gougler08
AG
I bought some NFLX to lower my cost base for the inevitable bounce back there. I also think ROKU has moved from overvalued at 75 to undervalued now. If it hangs out around here when my bonus comes in Feb then I'll hop in there
leoj
AG
Futures down
gougler08
AG
"Only" 10 points right now
Gator2_01
AG
USO / OIH / GLD / GDX
claym711
AG
It's gone from 77 to 27 in 2 months.

I'm neither a bull or a bear. I follow internals
Ragoo
AG
claym711 said:

it also went from 30 to 77 in 2 months. I would be concerned if the selloff were opposite market trend, but it isn't.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

claym711 said:

it also went from 30 to 77 in 2 months. I would be concerned if the selloff were opposite market trend, but it isn't.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3419193-roku-plus-4-percent-needham-top-pick
Quote:

Needham names Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) as a "top pick for 2019" citing over-the-top video growth, strategic position, and demographic reach.

Earlier this month, Needham cut Roku to a Street-low target on potential tailwinds from the US-China trade tension.

Roku shares are up 4.2% premarket to $28.30.
oldarmy1
AG
Strong opening allowed for locking in gains and placing good hedges. Christmas rally this is not thus far but I thank the strong move at open.
ProgN
Where would be a good entry point for me on SUM?
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Ragoo said:

claym711 said:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3419193-roku-plus-4-percent-needham-top-pick
Quote:

Needham names Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) as a "top pick for 2019" citing over-the-top video growth, strategic position, and demographic reach.

Earlier this month, Needham cut Roku to a Street-low target on potential tailwinds from the US-China trade tension.

Roku shares are up 4.2% premarket to $28.30.

Gave it all back already
ProgN
I expected it to go with the market. I just posted that as confirmation that it will be solid in 2019. This tax loss selling will keep the markets depressed this week and Monday.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Where would be a good entry point for me on SUM?
Watch volume on macro markets and any stock interested in individually. When it trades at 5X average daily volume I'd enter.

Markets are toying with traders right now. Hit a new low from Monday and bounced for a quick 13 point S&P move. ROKU dropped from a nice open to go negative for a nice cover of my Friday hedge. Look to see if that move to hit a new low was the shake before a short term rally or if markets sink to breach that intraday low for more pain.
ProgN
Thanks
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU's daily volume is already above Monday's and approaching the average daily volume. That is worth watching/noting.

Post removed:
by user
AggiePeeps06
AG
Can anyone recommend a good low cost index fund that tracks the broader market?
Aggie09Derek
AG
SPY?

Or looking for something even broader like IWM?
Wrighty
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Can anyone recommend a good low cost index fund that tracks the broader market?
VTSAX. Its the Vanguard Total (USA) Stock Market Index Fund. It only costs 0.04%.

https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/VTSAX
ProgN
FWIW

Wrighty
AG
Prognightmare said:

FWIW

Is this a "getting a stock tip at the barbershop" moment?
oldarmy1
AG
Two face rips that both hit new intraday lows before a triple rip upwards. Get ready for a relief rally. And I got almost 100% of the buys completed when we dipped below my 2350 mark for entry.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Wrighty said:

Prognightmare said:

FWIW

Is this a "getting a stock tip at the barbershop" moment?

Clay Travis has actually been pretty good about calling quite a few stocks over the years.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ROKU's daily volume is already above Monday's and approaching the average daily volume. That is worth watching/noting.

Volume continues at big pace.

Gabster43213
Any reasonable chance that Ford makes it to 10 by mid summer? I know that they are suffering from recalls but the stock has a low P/E, and the company has good earnings and a very good dividend.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I wouldn't doubt if Ford cuts their dividend soon. I know they said they won't, but I think they may have to.
leoj
AG
He rode twitter all the way down a couple years ago from what I remember lol. Not disagreeing, just remember him going off about it
FHUAggie
Nice little jump here in several stocks I have/follow...APPL, ROKU, NOW...seems like good volume too.
shiphunt
AG
Face ripper across the board
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Volume continues at big pace.

This is what we always talk about. Forget debates on timing the market - VOLUME is what the big dogs can't hide. Note the candle has turned green and the volume is off the charts.

ProgN
OA, (me putting my tinfoil hat on), what if that meeting Monday with the banks was to give them some sort of reassurance for their trading departments to take on more risk in stocks. Could that possibly a contributing factor for why we are having such a strong day?
First Page Last Page
Page 331 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.