Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,784 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jizzle89 said:

Is anyone here subscribed to or check out "The Motley Fool" for stock suggestions, basic investment info etc??

I'm very new to the game, but have enjoyed their podcasts so far. Just seeing if anyone else is a fan or if there are things I should know about them to avoid!

Their biggest buy going into this year was SFIX. It came off highs and ranged all year before getting hammered in the latest selloff. It reached my target and its now my 3rd largest recent buy.
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I can tell everyone is over on the commits threads.

It's way more rosy over there!
FriscoKid
AG
What do you think? Movement before the fed speaks if really just a smoke show IMO. I still think they are pumping it up to dump on the news. (whatever that news is)
FriscoKid
AG
and there is goes
cgh1999
AG
The market acts like its surprised. So dumb.
leoj
AG
Lol what did he just say in the press conference that did that
oldarmy1
AG
cgh1999 said:

The market acts like its surprised. So dumb.
I'd be contrarian here. Markets down on the news setting up a run higher. At least a good option opportunity to see if it breaks upward after the 2530 retest, although I would prefer it to bust that with a big flash sell-off.
UpstateAg
AG
How low can the dji go?? 23k by end of week?
IrishTxAggie
AG
COP took a hard turn

Options chains are spassing out
drill4oil78
AG
Close below 23533 is a Dow Theory sell sign .... Machines will take over ....
leoj
AG
I think that's a given at this point
cgh1999
AG
Down 348?!? This is just comical at this point. I'm sorry, but there is no economic data that is this bad. It's not great...but this is dumb.
oldarmy1
AG
We have a small S&P gap at 2466
drill4oil78
AG
cgh1999 said:

Down 348?!? This is just comical at this point. I'm sorry, but there is no economic data that is this bad. It's not great...but this is dumb.
You can have a bear market in a good economy ... Go back and look at 1987 .....
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

COP took a hard turn

Options chains are spassing out
I just copvered my COP Put trade
oldarmy1
AG
Red/Green././...buying all my favs
Post removed:
by user
drill4oil78
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

drill4oil78 said:

cgh1999 said:

You can have a bear market in a good economy ... Go back and look at 1987 .....

And 1998
Yep ...
FriscoKid
AG
dlp3719 said:

I'm new to this thread but really enjoy reading the technical analysis. Some really interesting stuff in here.

I am long $500k VXX since Friday afternoon. Stops in above entry. Should make it to the Fed meeting tomorrow. Could get my face ripped off or could win big. Here's to a gap down!

Hope you didn't let that sucker rally shake you.
oldarmy1
AG
Added MTUM to all my buying under $100 down at $99.07.
drill4oil78
AG
Just bought more SH and PSQ on the rally back up to 2515 on SP500 .... Breaking 2530 was a big deal and it did it in a free fall. This ain't over
claym711
AG
Sell. the. rips. Its a bear market.

Fed has been selling 30-50B (yes, B) per month off its balance sheet, and is still hawkish. Good news is if they keep this up, they'll have to QE, or at least quit it with the QT.
drill4oil78
AG
Breaking 23500 neckline of H&S pattern on Dow projects to 20000. SP could be around 2300 before this is over .... but there will be a good rally to suck people in to buy or if you are smart to sell.
oldarmy1
AG
drill4oil78 said:

Breaking 23500 neckline of H&S pattern on Dow projects to 20000. SP could be around 2300 before this is over .... but there will be a good rally to suck people in to buy or if you are smart to sell.
Counting on it starting tomorrow...not trying to time the market.....But I'm sitting over here on 90% cash in my trading account and contrarian to the post fed move has a high percentage opportunity for the bounce. Talking heads will be talking about "yes the rates moved up 1/4 but that was expected and the tone of aggressiveness is gone, so now markets will turn more to fundamentals and its well oversold blah blah blah."
bmks270
AG
What is the general long term outlook? Will this have recovered by 2020?
drill4oil78
AG
Yep .... I have cash as well ... though I put some to work on ETF shorts weeks ago and have continued to buy off support breaks. Now with the Dow Theory sell signal verified we are officially in a bear market as far as I am concerned. Hopefully this is a fast decline over the next several months. Going to be a great buying opportunity once the big bull decides to move forward. Many stocks are looking really good but they may look even better later.
ProgN
Tilray news AH
IrishTxAggie
AG
AIMT big move AH, but can't find a why yet...

Found out why:
DBVT withdrew their BLA. AIMT only one left in the game.
pacecar02
Prognightmare said:

Tilray news AH
Anheuser Busch partnership

Lebatt subsidiary to be specific
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Tilray news AH
Got in just under the wire.
TexasAg2017
AG
Well my venture into trading options has not gone well at all. Time to do a little more reading
IrishTxAggie
AG
TexasAg2017 said:

Well my venture into trading options has not gone well at all. Time to do a little more reading

Best way to learn options:
Lose a ****load of money trying to learn options.
UpstateAg
AG
pretty sure everyone does that at first. Selling is where I make options profits.
UpstateAg
AG
Still in Aveo??? Looking at starting a support group. My silver lining is the covered calls making this week less terrible.
FriscoKid
AG
TexasAg2017 said:

Practice trade for a long long time. Reading theories is all fine and good, but you really need to get comfortable reading charts like you are reading the matrix screen.
First Page Last Page
Page 324 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.