Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,518,001 Views | 223280 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by M4 Benelli
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FriscoKid said:

Pretty uninspired rally.
Yeah, we know the bears aren't gonna roll over so a big down move will come
oldarmy1
AG
I was typing and the booger-bears came in hard.
FriscoKid
AG
I don't like it when everyone and their dog is bearish. Same think with everyone being bullish. The market doesn't give up easy money like that. They rob retail blind and move in the opposite direction.
pacecar02
I feel like AMZN is gonna head below 1500 before another rebound
cr
This looks like a pause with further downward movement to follow. We could very well end negative today.

I was not aware til Trump's tweet today, but the Fed is taking money out of supply by allowing its securities to expire without replacing them. We are now about where we were in 2013 as far as money supply.

I also expect numbskull to raise interest rates simply out of pride, despite the data and evidence in front of him.
cr
FriscoKid said:

I don't like it when everyone and their dog is bearish. Same think with everyone being bullish. The market doesn't give up easy money like that. They rob retail blind and move in the opposite direction.

That's a good philosophy.
leoj
AG
It's ironic that trump complaining all the time about it probably lessened the chances of no hike. The Fed isn't going to want to look like it gave into political pressure
UpstateAg
AG
This might be a bit dumb/novice, but would the Chinese stocks that have taken a beating tank with the rest of the market if an agreement is reached? Especially for some of the 2018 IPOs that are struggling like IQ or NIO?
cr
leoj said:

It's ironic that trump complaining all the time about it probably lessened the chances of no hike. The Fed isn't going to want to look like it gave into political pressure
i agree
drill4oil78
AG
cr said:

FriscoKid said:

That's a good philosophy.
Around 50% bears and 20% Bulls .... But these things can go even higher/lower and turn on a dime. Usually a sign for a short term rally ... The biggest issue is the media was talking about this the other day as being bullish and that tells me to many people looking at it at this time and that the bear percentage need to go up more.
FriscoKid
AG

Looks like we have the ceiling. Big guys aren't buying above this level. Look at the circled candles from yesterday. Wholesale was setting the price there. The rally died at that level twice today. I think there is a good chance that we sell off from this level today.
FriscoKid
AG
VIX is up almost 3% today too. Smart money ain't buying it. Suckers rally, dead cat, whatever. I took my scalp on it.
pacecar02
FriscoKid said:

Looks like we have the ceiling. Big guys aren't buying above this level. Look at the circled candles from yesterday. Wholesale was setting the price there. The rally died at that level twice today. I think there is a good chance that we sell off from this level today.
what chart is that Frisco?
FriscoKid
AG
pacecar02 said:

FriscoKid said:

what chart is that Frisco?
10 minute candles on the S&P showing yesterday and today.
dlp3719
AG
I'm new to this thread but really enjoy reading the technical analysis. Some really interesting stuff in here.

I am long $500k VXX since Friday afternoon. Stops in above entry. Should make it to the Fed meeting tomorrow. Could get my face ripped off or could win big. Here's to a gap down!
leoj
AG
Holy wow.

Nice little 10k gain today on that vxx
drill4oil78
AG
Dow closing below the 23533 level will not be good.
oldarmy1
AG
Look at COP last 3 days (today included for a current Triple Black Crow formation. Buying $59.50 Puts out to Dec 28th

oldarmy1
AG
Shell has a poor mans version but not nearly as pure as COP.

Energy is signaling deflation. The Fed is going to look like their typical incompetent selves again.
FriscoKid
AG
Buy and hold is OK in the long run if you are into that kind of thing.

I'm only spiking the FB because I posted that chart long before the move happened and you know what would have happened if it had been wrong.
FriscoKid
AG
That close was funny.
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Futures have given it all up after the close, back to year low.
Yeah, the way it closed it just looked like the makers wanted it green for the day. That rally 15 minutes out was just funny and then it just faded at the bell.
FaceMask
MU getting hammered.
ryanhnc10
AG
ROKU with 8 straight negative days. Getting absolutely destroyed
Bonfire1996
AG
FaceMask said:

MU getting hammered.
Micron is going to be the value buy of the next decade. If it gets down to under 3x earnings with the balance sheet they will have in a few quarters.....man I don't know what to say.
leoj
AG
Fed ex massively lowered their estimates for 2019
FriscoKid
AG
dlp3719 said:

I'm new to this thread but really enjoy reading the technical analysis. Some really interesting stuff in here.

I am long $500k VXX since Friday afternoon. Stops in above entry. Should make it to the Fed meeting tomorrow. Could get my face ripped off or could win big. Here's to a gap down!

.. I bet it's a "sell the news" event tomorrow. Fed announcements are like earnings though.
oldarmy1
AG
Heading up to retest that 2570 area and, as would be expected, technical traders selling as it approached for a 4 minute top and pullback.
oldarmy1
AG
I can tell everyone is over on the commits threads.
oldarmy1
AG
Resistance again obvious between 2768-2772......We see 2775 with out a quick retreat and its off to the races. If it holds then we have a 2530 area double bottom from last two days.
oldarmy1
AG
Watch 2775 to be broken on pre or post Fed decision. Just in a wave technical it looks like a range move to fill the only gap, which is really small, would be my target.

J_Landes89
AG
Is anyone here subscribed to or check out "The Motley Fool" for stock suggestions, basic investment info etc??

I'm very new to the game, but have enjoyed their podcasts so far. Just seeing if anyone else is a fan or if there are things I should know about them to avoid!

IrishTxAggie
AG
It's click bait
oldarmy1
AG
Jizzle89 said:

Is anyone here subscribed to or check out "The Motley Fool" for stock suggestions, basic investment info etc??

I'm very new to the game, but have enjoyed their podcasts so far. Just seeing if anyone else is a fan or if there are things I should know about them to avoid!

Their biggest buy going into this year was SFIX. It came off highs and ranged all year before getting hammered in the latest selloff. It reached my target and its now my 3rd largest recent buy.
First Page Last Page
Page 323 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.