Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,669 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

FriscoKid said:

I moved all of my 401k money to cash last week.

Trading account is a different $tory.

What? Why?
Because I can't day trade a 401k, nor would I want to. That money is out of sight out of mind and just a bunch of funds. Options are traded multiple times a day sometimes in my trading account. Two totally different animals and serve two different purposes.
Baby Billy
AG
Vernada said:

I recently liquidated my equity account.

I move about 20% of my IRA to cash with the plan to start rebuying gradually at some point.

Probably a mistake (buy/hold and all that), but it seems like the market will most likely continue to drop the next few months.

https://www.putnam.com/literature/pdf/II508.pdf
Baby Billy
AG
FriscoKid said:

Huell Babineaux said:

FriscoKid said:

What? Why?
Because I can't day trade a 401k, nor would I want to. That money is out of sight out of mind and just a bunch of funds. Options are traded multiple times a day sometimes in my trading account. Two totally different animals and serve two different purposes.

The why was for why would you move your whole 401k to cash.
aggiepaintrain
AG
it will go up 1000 points one day this week it always happens
leoj
AG
Your username is appropriate for this thread right now
FriscoKid
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

FriscoKid said:

Huell Babineaux said:

FriscoKid said:

What? Why?

Because I'm really good at this. That's why. I completely reject your strategy of you have to buy and hold forever. I don't want to ride it down and lose money. I'll put it back in when the trend turns up again. And in the mean time I will continue trading options to make even more money in my trading account.

This is a trading thread. Not a mutual funds are the best thing in the world thread.
Baby Billy
AG
Okay bud. Keep thinking that
IrishTxAggie
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

Okay bud. Keep thinking that
Why are you so concerned with Frisco's decision? Everyone has their own methods.
drill4oil78
AG
FriscoKid said:

Huell Babineaux said:

FriscoKid said:

Huell Babineaux said:

FriscoKid said:

What? Why?

Because I'm really good at this. That's why. I completely reject your strategy of you have to buy and hold forever. I don't want to ride it down and lose money. I'll put it back in when the trend turns up again. And in the mean time I will continue trading options to make even more money in my trading account.

This is a trading thread. Not a mutual funds are the best thing in the world thread.
People that believe in buy and hold forever need to look at 2000-2009 and tell me how much the return was during that bear time interval. There were times in that period where the market went up 100% from the lows, but overall it was essentially zero return for 10 years.

Saying that ... If the Dow closes at level below the lows from the first of the year and we are within a 100 points or so there will be a Dow Theory sell signal if you believe in that sort of thing and I do.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I'll dump all of mine at dow 20000
FriscoKid
AG
I expect a pretty good bounce at 2532. If you are into catching knives...
tailgatetimer10
AG
I think it's fair to question trading activities but not sure this commentary is constructive
drill4oil78
AG
FriscoKid said:

I expect a pretty good bounce at 2532. If you are into catching knives...
A bounce to 2600 would be nice time to buy more PSQ and SH ....

Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
.....Furthermore, this all started with a question of whether or not to go to cash. I posted something that a top financial guy had to say about the conditions and what I had personally done. I've posted multiple times in this thread over the years if you want to take time to look at it. I didn't really ask for your opinion, but I sure as hell beat the market this year. Do what you want. I'm just calling balls and strikes like I see them.

I wouldn't want to give advice to anyone on what to do with their money. But, I have no problem sharing the way that I read the tea leaves.
IrishTxAggie
AG
MNGA taking it on the chin today...
FriscoKid
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Thus far the selling has been very orderly and not at all what you typically see at short term bottoms.
Might even challenge lows of the year today. I'm a little surprised.
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

FriscoKid said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Thus far the selling has been very orderly and not at all what you typically see at short term bottoms.
Might even challenge lows of the year today. I'm a little surprised.

S&P down 9% plus in just over 9 days during December. Things not typically said during bull markets.
I'm really tempted to go long here for the bounce.
Post removed:
by user
drill4oil78
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

For the record, I think this selling action in front of the Fed meeting on Wednesday probably sets the market up for a short term relief rally into the end of the year after the meeting regardless of what they do then followed by another leg down early next year.
Santa rally followed by the grim reaper cutting your head off ...

If the Dow closes below 23533 than we have a Dow Theory sell signal and we are there now. The machines could take over at this point for further down side.
FriscoKid
AG
New low of the year just hit
claym711
AG
Jay Jay is going to be doing everything he can to save the markets on Wednesday.
leoj
AG
BA with a 20% div raise and $20 bil buyback authorization
oldarmy1
AG
I've been going 20% in on the retests and 10% out on the bounces with covered calls on the other 10%. I was sitting on 90% cash and placed 25% of 401k sidelined monies into stocks late today and this time I won't sell on any bounce but aways consider covered calls on a % of holdings. 2350 OR 2650 I go another 50% and 2100 the last 25% (if markets rebound I hold the last 25% for new entry opportunity) to be back to 100% invested.

Portfolio of buys today
NVDA
ROKU
CAT
BA
I had bought BAC Friday
DIS
BMY
PNC
FriscoKid
AG
Futures bounced like I thought. I think we gap up tomorrow.
ryanhnc10
AG
FriscoKid said:

Are you selling the rip if we have a good day tomorrow?
claym711
AG
Had a late day long. Feb lows worth a trade, but 30 point bounce is nothing in this market. Probably a bit lower volatility tomorrow until people get wind of whatever Jerome is coming out with Wednesday. Wednesday should be fireworks.
oldarmy1
AG
You RIP guys call it out if you can see it coming. I've gone short or put options many a time like TLRY and TSLA but thats mainly when the analytics give me a 3 black crows chart showing a clear reversal from either a top or a secondary top pullback. Here's what that looks like. If that occurs at a top I generally wait for the first postive day and enter puts. Pull up any stock over the last month and its full of them. So is SPY and the DOW

drill4oil78
AG
Been going over several charts of individual stocks and indexes and nothing looks good with many stocks that have not been crushed teetering on support. AMZN is one that has been crushed but is on support at current levels and is not oversold on a daily basis. Not sure we can rally much from these SP500 levels with the over head resistance that is in place. If the SP500 could rally to its 50dMA that would be around 2700 and I just don't know if it can get that high with over head resistance at 2600 area. You know there are many waiting to sell if they get a chance at this level. We may need some more downward pressure before we get a decent rally .... I would like to see the daily RSI reach near 20 like it did in early Oct for a good rally to occur. Things are getting oversold on daily and weekly charts but they can get more oversold from these levels.

oldarmy1
AG
That's what I'm hoping for. Any downward push from here will likely become your flash final move. 2350 is my target but if really ugly on momentum I could see that final 2100 area.

Also. 2350 is a target but if we see a flash big negative day from yesterdays close that doesn't reach 2350 we adjust entry. 2350 would be a trigger to buy, but not a known support line.

And the AMZN bought in IRA's under $1500 is all I've bought but I would place a big % of that 50% monies into AMZN if it were to come under $1400.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

MNGA taking it on the chin today...

Everything took it on the chin.

Bouncing back early on sales continuing to increase triple digits, and they aren't even in full production or delivery mode yet. The Austin area site won't come online until Q1.

Magnegas Applied Technology Solutions Inc <MNGA.O>:
* MAGNEGAS GENERATES $1.163 MILLION IN SALES FOR NOVEMBER
* NOVEMBER SALES ROSE 287 PERCENT TO $1.163 MILLION
FriscoKid
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

FriscoKid said:

Are you selling the rip if we have a good day tomorrow?

Probably not today unless there is a huge rally. Right now I'm long on the bounce.
FriscoKid
AG
Pretty uninspired rally.
59 South
AG
Not expecting much either way until after the FED stuff tomorrow
First Page Last Page
Page 322 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.