Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,931 Views | 231646 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by spud1910
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Touchless said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

If you buy a $SPY PUT out 30 days the movement isn't very pronounced unless a big market move occurs. So with SPY so close to a key support level and early move upward you can enter it and exit if SPY moves above $352.50. Probably less than a $20 loss on say a $330 Put.
We're still holding 3500 SPX but SPY is ahead of the selling. Options green green
With these currently looking good, how long would you suggest holding vs taking the profit? I bought 11/16 $330P that are up close to 20% now and have helped as a hedge today with several others struggling.
I closed out 25% to have a no loss position now. I don't want to part with any more because the reversal pattern is so close to confirming.
jwhitlock3
looks like it's confirming a solid base around $3.25, lots of volume there plus the large chunk of shares they issued at $3.25 a while back. I get the feeling I'm missing something else though.
Brewmaster
AG
here's more perspective on RKT... just using what I see in the recent past as support.

the top yellow line goes back to Oct. 8th, that's 22.76 and looks like good support now.

Old support, lower yellow line at 22.20, if we break below that it will be because a lot of things are broken!

jwhitlock3
Excellent, love talking things out, it's how I learn best. My 200 day moving average is showing at 22.70 now which is close to your 22.76 support. Will be interesting to see if it can hold that. I'll keep an eye there and the 22.20.
ClutchCityAg
Total noob guess, but I would say big buyers are consolidating their positions the same way we have been doing with ONTX by buying around $3 then selling some around the 3.80 spot to increase their net-free holdings before a big breakout.
Let it ride
FJ43
Thanks for holding the market together while I was in meetings.

May be trimming some on NIO above $26?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Swollen Thumb
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Total noob guess, but I would say big buyers are consolidating their positions the same way we have been doing with ONTX by buying around $3 then selling some around the 3.80 spot to increase their net-free holdings before a big breakout.
This is what I was thinking.
McInnis 03
AG
GRWG Nov 20c's are on sale..........if you think a rebound into the 18's is in the cards again......I kind of do.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BrokeAssAggie
just starting to get in looking at charts in more detail. Is MBIO coming out of a Head and Shoulders pattern?

FJ43
Swollen Thumb said:

ClutchCityAg said:

This is what I was thinking.
Will wait above $3.80 to sell anything. Look at covered calls when the the calls reach $1+. OA mentioned this as the potential strategy a few days ago for MBIO. PTS are all above $6.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Proposition Joe
All kinds of NIO action the last hour. Someone likes it to run.
FJ43

gig em 02
Cmon give us the oldarmy1 guarantee!
FJ43
Active traders. Make sense to sell more of the NIO position and then buy back on a typical spike retrace? That's the Redler approach isn't it? See he has about half left and sold shares and options.

Brewmaster
AG
SPY rockets in flight!

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
FJ43 said:

Active traders. Make sense to sell more of the NIO position and then buy back on a typical spike retrace? That's the Redler approach isn't it? See he has about half left and sold shares and options.

Exactly what I'm doing.
astroaggie13
AG
BREwmaster said:

SPY rockets in flight!

Tick and VOLSPD have been bearish.. not setting up for a strong close. Maybe I am reading this wrong?
Gig em Stros
gigemJTH12
AG
what gives with GOCO?

Have lost my ass on it. does OA still expect it to be profitable?
FJ43
Added today shares for:
ARLO at $5.39
FUBO at $ 9.40

and....of course added more MBIO on this dip

McInnis 03
AG
SPY 347.20 is defending like Caruso.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

what gives with GOCO?

The continued melody here is 4Q will be when things could make some sense there.

**And thanks for the heads up. Sold a few 12.50p's for November at $1.15

B&I Key:
TMOOSE
McInnis 03 said:

Too late to get into this AC?

What did you buy? Thanks!
Let it Ride
McInnis 03
AG
lal4l said:

McInnis 03 said:

Too late to get into this AC?

What did you buy? Thanks!
You lost me, I'm not making a play here, just an observation.

B&I Key:
TMOOSE
Sorry - thought you had some PUTS
Let it Ride
FJ43
gigemJTH12 said:

what gives with GOCO?

Look back on the 30D/1HR and you will see a 3.7M share volume spike(s) at the close just under $14. They haven't bailed.

gigemJTH12
AG
so should we be accumulating?
FJ43
MBIO $5C for 3/19/21 are inching there way closer to $1

Running with the Bulls
FJ43 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

what gives with GOCO?

Look back on the 30D/1HR and you will see a 3.7M share volume spike(s) at the close just under $14. They haven't bailed.
Volume on this pull back to $12.50 has been light. I've been accumulating in the $12.50 - $13 range recently.
FJ43
gigemJTH12 said:

so should we be accumulating?
I have been in the $12s. OA can provide better guidance though. Given the outlook expected and only .34 off its 180D low I couldn't resist. Damn mouse and buy icon.

BrokeAssAggie
Bulls trying to take back the day.
Carlo4
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Bulls trying to take back the day.

Getting close to 3,500 SPX again. Looks like we will test again rather quickly.... but I get a sense it fill sell of in the last hour and be down a fair amount.
McInnis 03
AG
I LITERALLY JUST PULLED AN OA1 ON MBIO IN THE ROLLOVER ACCOUNT.

B&I Key:
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

I guess you joined me in the deep end?

BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

You just buy 50K shares?
Fireman
AG
McInnis 03 said:

You bought 50K shares?
First Page Last Page
Page 2329 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.