Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,524 Views | 224565 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by flashplayer
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ill hop on the ROKU call train
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

This is completely unverifed at this point but some other big investors are getting rumblings of a globalist push towards establishing a new benchmark away from the dollar.

Obviously this is something long desired by most foreign countries because the dollar forces them into a somewhat subserviant position.

Simply put their dissatisfaction exists around monetary policy whereby when they buy something it costs them that dollar. Meanwhile our government simply prints another $1B in $100 bills and increases our debt.

It's long been established that should the ferris wheel stop, where buying our debt would no longer be a safe transaction, then the ensuing ripple effect would be disastrous.

Let's say the IMF votes to move on this, establishing a global value based instrument. Suddenly who funds our Social Security and hundreds of other services? What would happen to inflation, home valuations, etc.

The dollar would become no different than any other foreign currency. Try spending a peso in the U.S. You can spend all the dollars you want in Mexico currently. What if that changed?

Again, I'm only hearing speculation and of course the majority of that is tied to globalist hating Trump's focus on the U.S., at the globalist expense. Therefore I could certainly see the above scenario at least receiving a trial balloon.

So I am buying gold leaps on a number of stocks, simply as a backstop. I'm doing this now for a number of reasons but the biggest one is that gold stocks have been crushed and are trading near lows.

Also, most talking heads are calling for gold to sell off lower. I like buying into that unified consensus with leaps, at these prices.

I'll out a list of gold stocks I'm considering and I might create a spread across all of them.

This also applies to stock upgrades at highs and downgrades at lows.

Also, my parents would like to buy actual gold but I know there are several outfits out there that charge way too much commission. Who do you recommend I have them look into?
Did everyone see Barrick Gold buying Rangold today? Interesting timing.

I use several. U.S. Money Reserve gives multiple options, so coins, bars, etc. I've used Lear Capital and they are legit.

ProgN
Thank you Sir! Will you please give me the way to contact the money reserve? I'm familiar with Lear and I'm glad you that you have them in high esteem. My parents are elderly (80+) and I don't want them to get screwed.
oldarmy1
AG
Call Kris Gholson
800-867-6101
Ext 2250

Kris is in Austin.
Tell him I gave it to you and what's the special rate today?!
ProgN
Thank you sir! I really am grateful and respect that.
gougler08
AG
BOX and DBX with the hammers today
spence10
AG
Thoughts on AMD right now, OA?
gougler08
AG
spence10 said:

Thoughts on AMD right now, OA?

I'm not OA but it seems to have wedged after the reversal signal last week. It's at the top of the wedge after the big day today, so will be interesting to see if it can break out or head back down.

I'm on puts here because of the reversal signal last week, but am nervous now that it could potential Italy break up out of this wedge
The Debt
oldarmy1 said:

Call Kris Gholson
800-867-6101
Ext 2250

Kris is in Austin.
Tell him I gave it to you and what's the special rate today?!

"Some dude from the internet named oldarmy1 told me Kris would give me a special rate."
oldarmy1
AG
It's taken the 3 latest volume spikes to push AMD higher. Ergo, if volume floods in up it will go. If not it drops. There is no prediction with that obvious fact.

The Debt
Down .3% after today.

Last week grew me up 2.1%.
Guitarsoup
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NIO stair-stepped diwn to $7.85. 1st support attempt in play now. $8 becomes resistance now.
Glad I sold off my shares at 9.13 for a small profit.

The first thing I've done right in 20 years with the market.
J_Landes89
AG
When was that?
Guitarsoup
AG
Jizzle89 said:

When was that?
Thursday morning. Saw it jumping up and down and wanted to get out above 9 and reenter when it dropped. Haven't reentered quite yet. Trying to get 7.50.
J_Landes89
AG
Cool.

I'm averaged around $8.17 right now, watched it hit $7.85 today.. waiting for $7.50ish as well.
UpstateAg
AG
https://m.nasdaq.com/article/chesapeake-energy-announces-125-bln-senior-notes-offering---quick-facts-20180925-00297
CHK working hard
gougler08
AG
Green this morning
ProgN
MCHP cut this morning to market perform from out perform at Raymond James. It's near it's low.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Oil making a hell of a move this last month, I do worry about politics stepping in
IrishTxAggie
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Oil making a hell of a move this last month, I do worry about politics stepping in
Saudis and Russians aren't budging on increasing production. I think give it a little time and the rest of OPEC will begin their cheating ways.

Joseph Parrish
AG
UpstateAg said:

CHK working hard
They are doing much better than that $3.80 target those banks were throwing out.
Joseph Parrish
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Saudis and Russians aren't budging on increasing production. I think give it a little time and the rest of OPEC will begin their cheating ways.
OPEC's not the dominate force they used to be. I do think they like oil prices much better where they are today, but there will always be countries that produce more than they forecast because they want the dollars.
leoj
AG
SQ up 3% pm
IrishTxAggie
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

IrishTxAggie said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

OPEC's not the dominate force they used to be. I do think they like oil prices much better where they are today, but there will always be countries that produce more than they forecast because they want the dollars.
Agree 100%. OPEC isn't as powerful of a cartel as they once were. But they always end up screwing each other over one way or another. This is the highest prices have been since 2014. Some countries are going to try to take advantage of this.
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

SQ up 3% pm

Our options will be rocking.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

leoj said:

SQ up 3% pm

Our options will be rocking.
oldarmy1
AG
Well ABX is one of my Gold stocks I was listing but the merger sent it up before I could get list posted.

GG, CDE, GLD, RGLD & DGL. A matrix of ETF and stocks. I own ABX and RGLD so I'll take positions on these others over next 30 days. Also, I'll likely opt for in the money calls on the lower priced CDE. I want it to have a move lower today so the Jan & March $5 calls drop for entry.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Well ABX is one of my Gold stocks I was listing but the merger sent it up before I could get list posted.

GG, CDE, GLD, RGLD & DGL. A matrix of ETF and stocks. I own ABX and RGLD so I'll take positions on these others over next 30 days. Also, I'll likely opt for in the money calls on the lower priced CDE. I want it to have a move lower today so the Jan & March $5 calls drop for entry.
Interesting, Ive been bullish on ABX for a long time. The guy who's running them seems to be a bit odd in his decision making though.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

MCHP cut this morning to market perform from out perform at Raymond James. It's near it's low.

Opens at 3+% down
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

Opens at 3+% down
It should be criminal to cut stocks at their low and upgrade at their highs.
IrishTxAggie
AG
We haven't talked about it in awhile, but wow has TWTR taken a beating the past three months. Anyone eyeing an entry for them?
gougler08
AG
Big drop on ROKU
UpstateAg
AG
Took the 100% return this morning on my square calls.

Used the profit to buy more ROKU on the plunge.
59 South
AG
Nice AVEO breakout with volume
gougler08
AG
Decent volume still coming in for SQ, I'm going to hold a bit more before selling them
First Page Last Page
Page 232 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.