Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,125 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
UpstateAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Other than NIO and IQ, everything I've got is green.
And I'm waiting for under 8 to add to NIO
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Is it me or are the only green stocks the ones we are in?
TexAgs B&I

We know things...
tailgatetimer10
AG
There's red stocks right now???
gougler08
AG
JD knows no bottom
gougler08
AG
DBX with a strong run this morning, may be trying to form a hammer
Gardening Ag

All green except rdcm. I thought they'd bounce back after the hurricane. Looks like they have some org troubles today.

UpstateAg
AG
Bought some ROKU 72C with today's morning scalps. Let's see how this baby goes.
Ragoo
AG
UpstateAg said:

Bought some ROKU 72C with today's morning scalps. Let's see how this baby goes.
i am in some 1/2019 leaps at $100 strike
oldarmy1
AG
This is completely unverifed at this point but some other big investors are getting rumblings of a globalist push towards establishing a new benchmark away from the dollar.

Obviously this is something long desired by most foreign countries because the dollar forces them into a somewhat subserviant position.

Simply put their dissatisfaction exists around monetary policy whereby when they buy something it costs them that dollar. Meanwhile our government simply prints another $1B in $100 bills and increases our debt.

It's long been established that should the ferris wheel stop, where buying our debt would no longer be a safe transaction, then the ensuing ripple effect would be disastrous.

Let's say the IMF votes to move on this, establishing a global value based instrument. Suddenly who funds our Social Security and hundreds of other services? What would happen to inflation, home valuations, etc.

The dollar would become no different than any other foreign currency. Try spending a peso in the U.S. You can spend all the dollars you want in Mexico currently. What if that changed?

Again, I'm only hearing speculation and of course the majority of that is tied to globalist hating Trump's focus on the U.S., at the globalist expense. Therefore I could certainly see the above scenario at least receiving a trial balloon.

So I am buying gold leaps on a number of stocks, simply as a backstop. I'm doing this now for a number of reasons but the biggest one is that gold stocks have been crushed and are trading near lows.

Also, most talking heads are calling for gold to sell off lower. I like buying into that unified consensus with leaps, at these prices.

I'll out a list of gold stocks I'm considering and I might create a spread across all of them.

pacecar02
read an article about amzn launching their own crypto website, dont know if this is an exchange or if they are going to launch a coin
oldarmy1
AG
BOX wants to run. I can feel it.

Is that a trading strategy???
tailgatetimer10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BOX wants to run. I can feel it.

Is that a trading strategy???

Not unless you graph it and put arrows where your feelings strike
gougler08
AG
I keep feeling the same way
Rice and Fries
Do you think the rise in treasuries is a factor into this?
oldarmy1
AG
snowmnag970 said:

Do you think the rise in treasuries is a factor into this?

I do think its playing into it
oldarmy1
AG
FYI. Closed 70% of VIX options on potential double top as it hit $12.83. 9% gain on the VIX translated to 36% gain on options.

I like to keep track of that data.
oldarmy1
AG
NIO buyers trying to jump start a move here at $8. If volume doesn't continue flooding in then we'll get an equity breakdown to lose $8.
oldarmy1
AG
INVE $6.15

Shake confirmed. Up 44 cents leaving unsure in the dust.
brownbrick
AG
OA,

For long term investors and not traders like in this thread, what kind of stock chaos/safe harbors would be available? Unknown until the storm hits? You mentioned gold, but I wonder if a world wide crypto option wouldn't be looked at?
oldarmy1
AG
Trying to key in on Put premium should NIO hit close to $7. The $8 Oct Puts are at 75x80.

So selling naked Puts there would get you a net entry of $7.25-$7.30 if buyer of your sold Put sells you their shares based on NIO being at $8 or below.

I think if we see a drop close to $7 premium pop would make $7 puts closer to $1. That would be a net $6 entry if NIO was below $7 come expiration.

I'd be all over a combo of shares and naked Puts down around $7.
oldarmy1
AG
brownbrick said:

OA,

For long term investors and not traders like in this thread, what kind of stock chaos/safe harbors would be available? Unknown until the storm hits? You mentioned gold, but I wonder if a world wide crypto option wouldn't be looked at?

No idea on crypto's. We're not speaking to bitcoin or similar derivatives but a IMF SDR version that assigns percentages of each participating countries currency.
oldarmy1
AG
Come on BOX...decent volume spike. Lets see that $28.25 that will get us a $30.
gougler08
AG
I assume you mean 24.25 right to get to 25?
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

INVE $6.15

Think it keeps running now or back to the low 6 holding area?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

INVE $6.15

Think it keeps running now or back to the low 6 holding area?
Look at last engulfing candle reversals on Aug 8/9th. Same dang pattern that followed through with a new trend move higher. See if that replicates.

Sneaky bastages
gougler08
AG
AMD looks to be in a flag pattern...I may ditch those puts if it comes back down in the next few days and take the loss
oldarmy1
AG
Not seeing any significant volume in NIO, so knowing it takes two side to make a market we have to see how much shorts are willing to absorb and then how many holders of shares sell.

Stalemate right now at $8 but without buyers its a matter of time.
oldarmy1
AG
FMC awesome move from $81 to $91 (posted at $83 for old timers buy). I posted closing out options Friday and I just sold $92 covered calls.

If markets get engaged for a new high the $100 magnet protocol would kick in. Of I see FMC crest $91 then I use the covered call premiums to buy $100 strikes into November.

Otherwise I see consolidation down to $85-$87 area. Thought about a Oct $87.50 Put and if it comes to $1 I might bite.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Come on BOX...decent volume spike. Lets see that $28.25 that will get us a $30.

Don't think it gets there today, but is forming a nice hammer which hopefully means it's coming soon
UpstateAg
AG
Sold AMGN at 30% profit and wanted to buy a dip. Never happened. The fear of missing out is real...

But my ROKU calls are helping
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Sold AMGN at 30% profit and wanted to buy a dip. Never happened. The fear of missing out is real...

Haha

I told you AMGN will hit 210 before its over.
Ragoo
AG
UpstateAg said:

i listened to a podcast interviewing the ROKU CEO, I don't ever plan on selling. I am going to ride this one into retirement.
oldarmy1
AG
NIO stair-stepped diwn to $7.85. 1st support attempt in play now. $8 becomes resistance now.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

This is completely unverifed at this point but some other big investors are getting rumblings of a globalist push towards establishing a new benchmark away from the dollar.

Obviously this is something long desired by most foreign countries because the dollar forces them into a somewhat subserviant position.

Simply put their dissatisfaction exists around monetary policy whereby when they buy something it costs them that dollar. Meanwhile our government simply prints another $1B in $100 bills and increases our debt.

It's long been established that should the ferris wheel stop, where buying our debt would no longer be a safe transaction, then the ensuing ripple effect would be disastrous.

Let's say the IMF votes to move on this, establishing a global value based instrument. Suddenly who funds our Social Security and hundreds of other services? What would happen to inflation, home valuations, etc.

The dollar would become no different than any other foreign currency. Try spending a peso in the U.S. You can spend all the dollars you want in Mexico currently. What if that changed?

Again, I'm only hearing speculation and of course the majority of that is tied to globalist hating Trump's focus on the U.S., at the globalist expense. Therefore I could certainly see the above scenario at least receiving a trial balloon.

So I am buying gold leaps on a number of stocks, simply as a backstop. I'm doing this now for a number of reasons but the biggest one is that gold stocks have been crushed and are trading near lows.

Also, most talking heads are calling for gold to sell off lower. I like buying into that unified consensus with leaps, at these prices.

I'll out a list of gold stocks I'm considering and I might create a spread across all of them.

This also applies to stock upgrades at highs and downgrades at lows.

Also, my parents would like to buy actual gold but I know there are several outfits out there that charge way too much commission. Who do you recommend I have them look into?
UpstateAg
AG
I believe you, I just want to keep flipping it through the week!
First Page Last Page
Page 231 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.