Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,119,558 Views | 224619 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by oldarmy1
WestTexAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
INVE just shot way down.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
UpstateAg
AG
Bought back AMGN in the 1.40s for the 210c and the 33 weekly on AMD at .54 to average down. Been a busy day of phone checking between meetings.
UpstateAg
AG
They present all next week. Let's see how coming more into the public eye works. I'm holding net free 7.5C but I want them to be worth more than 5 bucks.
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

Bought back AMGN in the 1.40s for the 210c and the 33 weekly on AMD at .54 to average down. Been a busy day of phone checking between meetings.

Why are you on the call for AMD? Signs are pointing towards a reversal coming (already happening from early this week)
ProgN
"I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good", for MCHP to go higher.
gougler08
AG
DBX sell off in to the close
gougler08
AG
And SQ
ProgN
gougler08 said:

And SQ
And their price target was raised to $100 from $76 this morning.
Ragoo
AG
The whole market sold off.
UpstateAg
AG
Most of my risky plays today are finded by scalping profits I made earlier this morning. AMD is so irrational, it just takes one day to make money on cheap calls.
WestTexAg12
AG
UpstateAg said:

They present all next week. Let's see how coming more into the public eye works. I'm holding net free 7.5C but I want them to be worth more than 5 bucks.

When you say net free, what does this mean exactly?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
gougler08
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

UpstateAg said:

When you say net free, what does this mean exactly?

It means that if he bought $100 worth of calls, he has sold enough to cover that $100 and any calls he has left are now net free, meaning they could expire worthless and he wouldn't be out any money

Basically it's a hedge to cover losses
J_Landes89
AG
What's a good starting point to learn about "calls" "puts" "covering" etc??

I just know that 1 share = this price and that can fluctuate... how limited my knowledge and experience is.. for NOW!

All these "I placed a bid at $.65 for 85k to cover at $12" is making my head explode... ugh I'm such a rookie, but hungry to learn!!

Thanks for any help someone can offer!
IrishTxAggie
AG
https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/learn
J_Landes89
AG
Thx!
oldarmy1
AG
I think that late sell off Friday was healthy. It wasn't mass volume so a couple of days consolidation after the big run ups is nothing.

Semi-conductor stock have already dropped and I could see larger lot trades taking advantage of the short term negative talk.

If we have another down day or two I wouldn't hesitate buying Calls out a month 3-5% out of the money.
ProgN
Agreed
UpstateAg
AG
How foolish was an AMD weekly call at 33? Given the news of them dominating intel? Get out ASAP or wait for some news?
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

How foolish was an AMD weekly call at 33? Given the news of them dominating intel? Get out ASAP or wait for some news?

I'd be vigilant early next week to see if it gets close and try to pocket a profit, it still looks like a downtrend is forming to me (and probably should after that crazy run up the past few months)
oldarmy1
AG
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/21/on-monday-google-facebook-and-netflix-will-make-a-big-market-move.html

Good write-up on the new Communications S&P Classification. Regardless of intent expect a lot of volitialty, which is the 2nd reason I was touting VIX Calls out to November. We get a volitialty pop this week it gives the opportunity to use it for reducing capital on the remaining trade.

gougler08
AG
Red to open as China cancels trade talks...I'm sure chips will be down to start on that news but let's see if they can bounce back throughout the day
oldarmy1
AG
VIX up nearly 7%
ProgN
Nasdaq sitting on it's moving average.
ProgN
We're bouncing SMH about to go positive
CheladaAg
AG
TEUM broke out over $3
oldarmy1
AG
Well hello SQ!
oldarmy1
AG
Not touching NIO on trades until $7.50 area.

If we get a walk down versus spike down likely lower.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Well hello SQ!

That turned around quickly
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Looking pretty wise so far.
leoj
AG
Those sq calls popped 60% from the opening drop. Nice.

I would not buy puts on amd. Keep seeing notes more positive that amd will end up with market share they have never had before and keep it.

Also, anyone think those MU buybacks have already started?

Oa, robinhood has candlesticks now. Not as technical as a real trading platform, but still.
oldarmy1
AG
INVE with the bounce back. Nice shake late last week. Expect a move to breakout attempt if a further move above $6 hits.
UpstateAg
AG
Huge sigh of relief. I bought amgn calls Friday when it dipped in the afternoon. Those are looking good. Looking to sell again and buy back when it dips around lunch/afternoon.
UpstateAg
AG
I bought a couple hundred shares of IMMP based on some DD and a chartist I follow looks like it might pop
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

INVE with the bounce back. Nice shake late last week. Expect a move to breakout attempt if a further move above $6 hits.

Just got to $6, let's see if it spikes more / can hold it
oldarmy1
AG
Is it me or are the only green stocks the ones we are in?
First Page Last Page
Page 230 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.