Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,057,402 Views | 231702 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
not touching tsla.
TecRecAg
AG
My STZ calls are dead in the water I think. Par for the course this last week.
McInnis 03
AG
Only thing working for me today is VXX puts bought Friday.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
aggiebonzo
AG
Is there a specific exit point for SDC or LUV? I'm up about 40% on each right now and they both keep climbing.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

not touching tsla.

As a straight up long hold? Even at say $335?
The Pilot
AG
Lubys up over 100% today.
TecRecAg
AG
Have trailing stop set?
azul_rain
Another day in the red
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
aggiebonzo
AG
No I don't on either
TecRecAg
AG
Depending on your risk level, if you're up 40% I would set one for ~5%.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

not touching tsla.

at pre-strike $1,675? no way. Maybe at $150.
Ragoo
AG

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

not touching tsla.

at pre-strike $1,675? no way. Maybe at $150.
you can sell the $150p out to the end of the year for $4.00
Irish 2.0
If you're holding calls into this close, you better have some puts to cover your ass. The beta stocks are looking weaker here and you may think it impossible, but there could be more selling tomorrow. Be prepared to test the QQQ 50DMA. Could happen before the close today. Only 40pts off the 50DMA on the Nasdaq now
UpstateAg
AG
For all the doom and gloom, haven't hit a circuit breaker yet...
Irish 2.0
UpstateAg said:

For all the doom and gloom, haven't hit a circuit breaker yet
It's not doom and gloom. This bull move was way over extended. We're not going to hit a circuit breaker.
UpstateAg
AG
I agree. I think people, including myself at times, just want to trade and that gets dangerous. I think this correction was needed and is healthy. Probably should have used a different emoji
Irish 2.0
UpstateAg said:

I agree. I think people, including myself at times, just want to trade and that gets dangerous. I think this correction was needed and is healthy. Probably should have used a different emoji
I've put on two trades today. One went for me, one went against me. Object is I respected my S/L and I'm still green on the day. It wasn't a great day, but it's a green day for me on down market day. I call that a good day. You're right a lot of people think they have to trade or just want to trade to try to make some money and that's when mistakes are made. Myself included still at times. Wait for the value. Don't trade just to trade. Because when you do that, there are people like me and a few others that post in here that are ready to be on the other side of your emotional trade.
TecRecAg
AG
Any coincidence that kids are going back to school and there is a lot of selling? Like the Robin Hooders, etc.
ProgN
The volume isn't high so people aren't dumping. If this doesn't turn around in a couple of days then margin calls will kick in and then you'll really see things get crushed. If anyone is on margin you should limit your exposure if you haven't already. JMO
McInnis 03
AG
AUD-JPY hitting new lows. The margin calls may be rolling in as we speak?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
no big bulls buying calls this week either. VIX keeps getting suppressed near the end of a day, then it runs again next day.
SPY nearest support now looking like 329 - definitely can test that soon.

I'm all cash except a Dec VXX call (election hedge/ potential big $ maker) and a few SPY puts for funsies.
Fireman
AG
$MGNI seems oversold here. Whales - can we send that baby to $9.00 in the next week or two?
WoMD
cottonpicker said:

PeekingDuck said:

So much for MOMO
Add goco, mara, and qd. Boy I can really pick them

I'm in the same boat.
While they were hyped (a lot), at the end of the day, we hit the submit button, so gotta own it...

Let it ride, right?
Bonfire1996
AG
Y'all see Goldman rate AAPL a "sell" with 33% downside risk? Right before the single biggest event in Apple history is announced: 5G phone release show Sept 15.

Hilarious.

Remember that brokerage houses that miss their entry point always try to manipulate with an outlier rating.

Buy the freaking dip on Apple.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Y'all see Goldman rate AAPL a "sell" with 33% downside risk? Right before the single biggest event in Apple history is announced: 5G phone release show Sept 15.

Hilarious.

Remember that brokerage houses that miss their entry point always try to manipulate with an outlier rating.

I bought a sheetload (Apple) today. I was down big on my portfolio but oddly enough I feel ok about it all. I bought a few things I think were really oversold and other stalwarts within my portfolio held up well. As they say, you just gota know what you own and not panic. Don't get people who panic sell when things go down. If you know what you own, and wait it out, you'll at least break even in most cases.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Hilarious.

9/15 may just be an Apple Watch and iPad event. The phones are looking more like an October release.

Long term outcome is the same most likely, but for those of you thinking about playing calls here keep the timing in the back of your mind.
Carlo4
AG
QQQ can't get any closer to the 50 day EMA than it is right now. Time to buy back in at a support level or wait?
ProgN
Wrong day in a down market to miss earnings and restate previous earnings.

WORK will be punished.
cgh1999
AG
Carlo4 said:

QQQ can't get any closer to the 50 day EMA than it is right now. Time to buy back in at a support level or wait?

I bought a handful of calls based on that. Also bought calls on TSLA, MSFT, and BAC this afternoon. I expect a mercy rally In the next day or so (no rationale other than guys/prayer). If it does get a boost, I'll turn a nice profit. If not. Oh well- it's just money.
FJ43
WoMD said:

cottonpicker said:

PeekingDuck said:

So much for MOMO
Add goco, mara, and qd. Boy I can really pick them

I'm in the same boat.
While they were hyped (a lot), at the end of the day, we hit the submit button, so gotta own it...

Let it ride, right?
GOCO - I ended up swing trading this one for a decent profit, Debated whether to hold given the PT but currently glad I didn't as the current share price is below my previous entry by a few points. May buy back in on this one.

QD - Got out late last week about even after watching the paint dry.

MARA - Still holding this one per OA's posts it follows Bitcoin with potential big swings. With Bitcoins recent pummeling, I will watch this week for potentially accumulating more. I might run out of gas backing up the truck on this one though if it drops much lower. This is a mid-term play for me.

Learning as I go from this board and my personal mistakes. One thing I have learned the hard way...greed kills.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

thirdcoast
AG
It feel like more people are bullish on AAPL today than back in April and May when it was almost half it's current valuation. But maybe with all the other harder tech runners AAPL is now seen as a relative safe haven.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
thirdcoast said:

It feel like more people are bullish on AAPL today than back in April and May when it was almost half it's current valuation. But maybe with all the other harder tech runners AAPL is now seen as a relative safe haven.

I feel like this might be true.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I got into the following around 2:45

GS 10/16 205C
MS 10/16 50C
AAPL 09/11 120C

Pretty bearish close. I think at least a little bit more selling.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bought more QQQ and AAPL today. I feel like both are home run purchases.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but as a long-term hold, I think both are incredible bargains right now.
Knife Wrench
AG
Ranger222 said:

Wanted to put TRIL on everyone's radar...biotech cancer stock that targets CD47. Has been a wild ride last couple years...went from $5 up to $11, back down all the way to under $1 last fall now back up to close to $10 in pre-market. Getting a lot of love for several reasons. Forty Seven was another biotech company that also had anti-CD47 therapy that was bought out by Gilead last year. Several have speculated TRIL will also be a buyout target for other companies to get their own anti-CD47 treatment. Allogene Therapeutics also just went public, similar to TRIL, much higher evaluation so TRIL has some catchup to do.

Note went out yesterday suggesting TRIL's long-term price target may be 100+, a 10x return from current price. Would be blue skies for TRIL if it can get above ~9.5.

Up 37% AH today
First Page Last Page
Page 2151 of 6621

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.