Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,353 Views | 231774 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
BoydCrowder13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Microsoft is a steal at $202.

Crushed earnings each of the past 4 quarters, 35 P/E and is only up 25% YTD.

Pretty conservative considering the rest of tech.
Gordon McKernan
Maybe this is a better post to put in a new topic but wanted to get y'alls thoughts...

Fantasy football league has a pot of $2000. We all agreed to invest this in one stock (if we can all come to agreement) & let it ride until end of fantasy season (usually right around Christmas time).... Just to add a little more excitement.

We have all agreed to accept the risk of losing it yada yada yada.... Any gains would be added to playoff pot & any losses would come out of playoff pot.

So, what is one stock you would throw $2000 at right now & let it ride until Christmas?
Agswinning
Tesla IMO
ProgN
NIO should do really well going into Christmas.
Bretton Gekko
We are going to bounce from somewhere around here during AH and likely through tomorrow.
Fireman
AG
I heard from a pretty wise fellow that $GOCO should be very strong in November / December.
thirdcoast
AG
Funny we are starting to see more bold predictions. This guy is prime example showing no one knows what markets will do.

He is calling a top today, but 5 months ago he was saying he was selling bc S&P would be range bound below 2800for foreseeable future.

TecRecAg
AG
Those who can, trade. Those who can't, go on TV to tell you how to trade.

But really, if someone knew what the market was going to do they'd cash in on it.. not tell the free world.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
dkng
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Knife Wrench said:

Ranger222 said:

Wanted to put TRIL on everyone's radar...biotech cancer stock that targets CD47. Has been a wild ride last couple years...went from $5 up to $11, back down all the way to under $1 last fall now back up to close to $10 in pre-market. Getting a lot of love for several reasons. Forty Seven was another biotech company that also had anti-CD47 therapy that was bought out by Gilead last year. Several have speculated TRIL will also be a buyout target for other companies to get their own anti-CD47 treatment. Allogene Therapeutics also just went public, similar to TRIL, much higher evaluation so TRIL has some catchup to do.

Note went out yesterday suggesting TRIL's long-term price target may be 100+, a 10x return from current price. Would be blue skies for TRIL if it can get above ~9.5.

Up 37% AH today

You misspelled ONTX
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bought more QQQ and AAPL today. I feel like both are home run purchases.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but as a long-term hold, I think both are incredible bargains right now.

You like them now, wait a couple days, AAPL could retrace to 100.
This market is taking a serious breather. I'm long cash, puts and vxx calls.
Brewmaster
AG
JimSA said:

Tesla IMO
LOL, I fell for it, post removed! NKLA ran hard today, but yeah, long ways to go to TSLA land.
BrokeAssAggie
I got a boner for like 30 seconds, then I realized you are full of *****
Ragoo
AG
BREwmaster said:

JimSA said:

Tesla IMO
in 1 day NKLA's market cap surpassed TSLA's . Crazy!
I bleed maroon
AG
BREwmaster said:

JimSA said:

Tesla IMO
in 1 day NKLA's market cap surpassed TSLA's . Crazy!
That would be crazy, if it were close to true (which it's not -- TSLA is still over 16x the market cap of NKLA). Where do you get your information, sir?
Brewmaster
AG
LOL, yeah post removed. I misread it. Need more beer apparently!

It was probably more like this: TSLA lost in 1 day more than all of NKLA market cap
Thundergon
I'm seeing that today was one of the, if not lowest, daily volume numbers on lots of charts from today up until a year ago (SPY, QQQ, AAPL). Haven't been around long enough to know how the decreased volume is to be interpreted. Maybe big money cautiously letting things settle out before hopping back in?

BTW, the QQQ, SPY, and AAPL charts are still within their bear flag formation. Today they all stayed near the top of the channels.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Brews a good poster. He probably is just deeply disturbed by this correction!
Dan Scott
AG
Big Green Day tomorrow in my opinion. The VIX actually dropped when the S&P accelerated towards the end.
MaroonDynasty
Thundergon said:

I'm seeing that today was one of the, if not lowest, daily volume numbers on lots of charts from today up until a year ago (SPY, QQQ, AAPL). Haven't been around long enough to know how the decreased volume is to be interpreted. Maybe big money cautiously letting things settle out before hopping back in?

BTW, the QQQ, SPY, and AAPL charts are still within their bear flag formation. Today they all stayed near the top of the channels.
Now that you mention it, havent seen OA post, big money still lying in wait confirmed.
Brewmaster
AG
Dan Scott said:

Big Green Day tomorrow in my opinion. The VIX actually dropped when the S&P accelerated towards the end.
as it should when the S&P accelerates up (but it was just a grind up to 337, then dump into the close)... after hours though we flirted with 330. Below 334 there's nothing stopping us from going to 329.
Big money is not buying this yet, I've seen no big flow whatsoever on calls yet. VIX also is still in a bullish trend, just consolidating in a bull flag at the moment.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We will probably sell off and then recover, whether we gap up or gap down. Have to shake out the weak.
thirdcoast
AG
Anyone concerned about the story today about Softbank's huge call buying on tech and underlying stock buys from those option writers?

Or is this just another story that the talking heads retrofit to try to explain market activity?
Jet Black
So what are the chances wkhs gets the $6 bill usps contract? Thoughts?
aggiedaniel06
AG
That's the real deal. Whether SoftBank is the only perpetrator is unknown.

The parabolic move in large cap tech was largely driven by the gamma squeeze. I've made some posts before regarding MM's gamma positioning and its effect on price.

Theory thus far, why VIX was suppressed even with a largely red day today is apparently the unloading of calls. The volatility in individual tickers is still extremely elevated.
Slappy007
AG
Ranger222 said:

some real accumulation in FISV long dated calls this past week. 3/21 100 C today.

LYFT 9/18 35c bought to go along with weekly sweeper flow this morning

RTX 8/21 64c bought like those. Going to wait to see if we get an inside day tomorrow and premium decay before jumping in. Holding NOC September right now

Today we also had massive 3/21 FISV 3/21 $100C buying. Big money is taking a very large position.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
aggiedaniel06 said:

That's the real deal. Whether SoftBank is the only perpetrator is unknown.

The parabolic move in large cap tech was largely driven by the gamma squeeze. I've made some posts before regarding MM's gamma positioning and its effect on price.

Theory thus far, why VIX was suppressed even with a largely red day today is apparently the unloading of calls. The volatility in individual tickers is still extremely elevated.

Is there a way to tell if this was more due to a large number of retail investors, like myself, buying options much more often recently or was this whales or institutional investors unloading huge call volumes? If more retail does that tend to suggest inexperience selling the first time TSLA doesn't go up 1% or more every day? If it's bigger fish does that suggest more likelihood that we reached a top?
GreasenUSA
AG
Quote:

I'm seeing that today was one of the, if not lowest, daily volume numbers on lots of charts from today up until a year ago (SPY, QQQ, AAPL).
All 3 tickers mentioned had higher than average volume today.
aggiedaniel06
AG
It had to have been Institutional money but with the help of retail, unbeknownst to them.

If I were to guess how Softbank's hedgefund went about this play, they noticed the extremely high level of call buying in large cap tech (retail & institutions) over the past few months and some smartass drewup a play to gamma squeeze the dealers. There were many factors at play, a key one being that AAPL & TSLA were running low on float.

I'm guessing once the cat got out of the bag, softbank or whoever starts unloading their calls, and dealers correspondingly sell the underlying. As a proxy, you can see this in the volume of QQQ sold last 3 trading days.

This does not necessarily mark the top for the markets, because there wasn't any price discovery in the process, but if this phenomenon is over, we should see a cooloff in the parabolic runs in those names.

From a stock market standpoint, 2020 will be remembered for how the Options market changed the game.

ProgN
I'm pissed off this morning so I need a big up day in the market to lighten my mood.
gougler08
AG
Work has been kicking my ass lately so I could go for this too
ProgN
gougler08 said:

I loved going to Cap City and have seen so many great comics there. Our weak ass governor and politicians are destroying people's businesses over a ****ing cold virus.

I will not vote for Abbott if he's the gubernatorial nominee again, I'll leave that race blank or write in OA.
Bretton Gekko
I know zerohedge is hated by all bulls, but they were on the SoftBank story several days ago.
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

I loved going to Cap City and have seen so many great comics there. Our weak ass governor and politicians are destroying people's businesses over a ****ing cold virus.

I will not vote for Abbott if he's the gubernatorial nominee again, I'll leave that race blank or write in OA.
Make that two votes....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Irish 2.0
I'm not trusting the gap up yet. Could see this doing a gap and go or gap and blow. Europe seems to be holding their gap up, so I will say I am mildly optimistic with that.

Once again, I won't be trading for the first 30mins. Zero reason to jump into this until it decides which way it wants to go.
First Page Last Page
Page 2152 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.