Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,064,638 Views | 224406 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by ProgN
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, talk about friendly fire.
ProgN
Yeah
pacecar02
at this rate, I wouldn't expect a trade deal till after the midterms

no sig
ProgN
They said today that talks with Canada continue and we will begin trade talks with Japan next week. I bet China and US agree just prior to the midterms. The Chinese economy is suffering badly. They don't have the firepower to hold out for very long and retaliate for that matter.
pacecar02
EU and China charts have looked like hammered dog doo the last 6 months

edit: they gotta be desperate
no sig
ProgN
They're hurting substantially. The deal with Mexico and one closer with Canada is putting further pressure on China.
ranchag04
AG
Yes and if republicans hold on I bet China comes to the table pretty quick
ProgN

Uh Oh
cgh1999
AG
Tinfoil theory. Trump stops the bs in mid October, closes deals with China, Canada, etc. Puts a huge infrastructure bill to Congress and the market sky rockets.
ProgN
cgh1999 said:

Tinfoil theory. Trump stops the bs in mid October, closes deals with China, Canada, etc. Puts a huge infrastructure bill to Congress and the market sky rockets.
I bet you're a lot closer to reality than you are to conspiracy.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

cgh1999 said:

I bet you're a lot closer to reality than you are to conspiracy.

I think he has an end game to this and will make it work, but it sure sucks to just have the rug pulled out from you when it looks like things are heading your direction just because he tweets or does something to China randomly
ProgN
Agreed, it wasn't a tweet, it was told to the press. My MCHP calls were looking great by all indicators and after that, the day sucked. I see the Nasdaq opening lower and printing hitting 7820-7830. That will hit it's moving average and it usually bounces off that mark. That's why I put on Ancient Aliens instead of CNBC this afternoon.
leoj
AG
Jack ma to step down as executive chairman but will remain on the board.
UpstateAg
AG
Rough week for China companies and their leading men.
UpstateAg
AG
OA, they're on to you...

?dl=1

ETA, I suck at posting pictures.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

OA, they're on to you...

?dl=1

ETA, I suck at posting pictures.
I ain't no whale! But I am an Orca who swims with whales.
oldarmy1
AG
Good risk/reward to enter BABA calls on any weakness, from CEO change countdown, early or if holds gains for first 30-40 minutes. That news is priced into the $20+ drop.

I'm eyeing entering some weekly calls 162.50 strikes.

UpstateAg
AG
So does that kind of volume drive down or up stock prices short term? Long term?
oldarmy1
AG
So here's what I'm watching. We filled that gap, as expected, last week. Momentum took it below that gap, again, as expected. Today we show early bounce that needs to hold and move upward to see accelerating gains.

We have a 2nd gap looming if this current bounce is rebuffed. That one would smart to long holders no doubt but what would then come into play is a potential head and shoulders on the S&P. Should that get broken then there is a nasty gap back down circled.

The thing is that even if that fills we would still be above the 200 day moving average, so it would only be considered a correction. Of course that wouldn't make anyone happy who is holding a ton of long positions. And know that should that gap come into play the momentum would be much more severe and take us likely to or even just below the 200DMA

Therefore I continue to use options on identified reversal patterns intraday and score some great returns in shorter trades, while holding net free options for further reversal confirmations.

oldarmy1
AG
In BABA 162.50 calls at $1.48-$1.51

Love early panic selling. Already bounced back up for quick fills at $1.90 on 1/3.
UpstateAg
AG
Baba weekly call?
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Baba weekly call?
Yup...moving all over so jusat bought back the 3rd sold at $1.28
oldarmy1
AG
Sold 1/3 that I had bought back AT $1.70

I AM ALREADY NET FREE ON THE TRADE! WHOOP!
jtmoney03
AG
Don't look now, but INVE trying to make a move this morning.
oldarmy1
AG
INVE
UpstateAg
AG
Sold at 1.75. That was easy.
Net free on inve now!!
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Sold at 1.75. That was easy.
Net free on inve now!!
Fantastic!
gougler08
AG
Why is the bid still at $0.10 for Oct 19 INVE 7.5 calls even though the price has gone way up the last few days?
UpstateAg
AG
Mine sold well above that.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Why is the bid still at $0.10 for Oct 19 INVE 7.5 calls even though the price has gone way up the last few days?
It trades smaller volume on the shares. Last trade on your options was $0.25 this morning. A little more movement and you'll start to see more volume.
oldarmy1
AG
Gap up on S&P gives another point for filling. See if the market cleans it up after first 30 minutes or leaves it hanging out there for next wave. It would bullish to see that get filled today and then power back to a new intraday high.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Gap up on S&P gives another point for filling. See if the market cleans it up after first 30 minutes or leaves it hanging out there for next wave. It would bullish to see that get filled today and then power back to a new intraday high.
Trying to clean it up. Bounced on 50% retracement so see if that fails and then waiting for gap fill for any opportunities. Man the first 45 minutes was wild. I bought AMZN Puts and those moved $30 on AMZN swing of $40+
aggielax48
AG
News on RRTS? Down almost 10% today.
Ragoo
AG
Come on twtr. I am hoping for a bump from a ramp up in the sports season and midterm elections.
UpstateAg
AG
DBX trying to breakout...
First Page Last Page
Page 214 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.