Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,695 Views | 224265 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sold Aveo today at 2.89. Made ~53% profit over the 40 days I held it. Thanks to this board for the tip.
oldarmy1
AG
Seor Chang said:

Sold Aveo today at 2.89. Made ~53% profit over the 40 days I held it. Thanks to this board for the tip.

Ah you and me! AVEO has generated a 210% ROI this year. Buy under $2 and sell over $2.75.
AggiePeeps06
AG
WHat do you think about buying a Put here on AVEO? 2.50 Sep 21 is at .08 cents
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO will likely have a solid pullback into the $2.20-2.40 range. The data readout isn't until Q4. I wouldn't touch that put right now.

I accept commissions for AVEO in the form of Shiner Bock.
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

AVEO will likely have a solid pullback into the $2.20-2.40 range. The data readout isn't until Q4. I wouldn't touch that put right now.

I accept commissions for AVEO in the form of Shiner Bock.

PM me your address
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

WHat do you think about buying a Put here on AVEO? 2.50 Sep 21 is at .08 cents

It's as good a probability as anything.

It comes back you also could buy shares with zero risk
TheBiggerEvent
AG
Thought BBOX would make a run today - even with AH being up - in Trammell we trust
Aggie09Derek
AG
Sold 1/3 of my OLED position - was up 50% so figured would take some profits. Been a really good month for them.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I got out of my short position a few weeks ago on ETSY - anyone else shorting it still?

UpstateAg
AG
I got out of my cron position and AVEO positions this morning. Took the profit and got it off my list for the week.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

I got out of my cron position and AVEO positions this morning. Took the profit and got it off my list for the week.

Love seeing these posts from strategic trading!
oldarmy1
AG
Watch INVE. Pattern has held for a breakout to come. Will be quick when it hits.

jtmoney03
AG
Had been watching this one since it was first thrown out there on the thread. Actually picked up some 10/19 $7.50 calls for .15 this morning.
UpstateAg
AG
Did the same thing this morning.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Watch INVE. Pattern has held for a breakout to come. Will be quick when it hits.

Gotta get through that 6.40 mark and then it should take off. May join you guys on the 10/19 calls for that cheap
IrishTxAggie
AG
I was kidding. I've gained far more from your posts than you've likely gained from mine my friend. Just glad we've got a place for all of us to share our thoughts on the market with other likeminded individuals.
TexasAg2017
AG
jtmoney03 said:

Had been watching this one since it was first thrown out there on the thread. Actually picked up some 10/19 $7.50 calls for .15 this morning.
Just picked up a couple calls as well.
oldarmy1
AG
JD. The "tail tell" stock. I trade JD off 2 keys successfully up or down. It gets over sold and over bought every attempt for shorts or bulls leaving an easily identifiable tail or hanging man technical. When you see those you confirm with volume and as you can see they have been 100% trade accurate each wave.

We had the most current tail form and it was on the largest volume to date. That could signal not only a move upward but a more continuous move into a momentum stock. I don't want to miss that which is why its been fun trading these up and down tighter spreads waiting.

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

JD. The "tail tell" stock. I trade JD off 2 keys successfully up or down. It gets over sold and over bought every attempt for shorts or bulls leaving an easily identifiable tail or hanging man technical. When you see those you confirm with volume and as you can see they have been 100% trade accurate each wave.

We had the most current tail form and it was on the largest volume to date. That could signal not only a move upward but a more continuous move into a momentum stock. I don't want to miss that which is why its been fun trading these up and down tighter spreads waiting.

Bought in heavy (for me) at this recent 31.75 dip, hoping it can get some momentum now
AggiePeeps06
AG
FYI, Robinhood opened up free trading for more international stocks like Tencent, Adidas, and Nintendo. I love Robinhood mainly because of free trades and very easy to use app.

Shameless plug, but if you want to sign up use my code and we'll both get a free stock: https://share.robinhood.com/toddp180
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I like PNC $150 Sept 21 Strikes under 80 cents

If you followed then know I sold half here at 95-97 bit have order to sell remainder at $1.65

Update now at $1.01. Confidence level 90% we see $1.65
59 South
AG
I jumped the gun a little early this one down and bought in hard at $34 on that first signal 8/14 so I wouldn't miss out. Been holding for the uptrend. Thanks for the confirmation of my holding!
oldarmy1
AG
Another one accumulated on watch mentioned for a breakout. ENPH. Solar energy with security in a long term contract with Sun Energy.
WestTexAg12
AG
jtmoney03 said:

Same. Except I got it at .20
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
S&P hedge chatted about me entering premarket shortly after the open. So the plan was to enter and then sell 1/3 looking for yesterdays gap fill. This is what it looked like on the chart for entry exit. Again, don't try to figure out all of the formulas for why gaps just love to get filled. Accept the fact that they do and trade to win.

oldarmy1
AG
SCVL

Shoe carnival topped estimates by 21 cents and guided higher for Q4. A buy if it comes under $38 for any easy $1 I predict tomorrow (or after hours still)
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SCVL

Shoe carnival topped estimates by 21 cents and guided higher for Q4. A buy if it comes under $38 for any easy $1 I predict tomorrow (or after hours still)

I was sitting at $38.25 with high bid but it moved away. Nuts. Over $41 now. Can't win them all...
BT1395
AG
This thread is money. THANKS to all for the posts and ideas. I am an old school value investor so technical analysis is anathema to me, but I'm learning. As fast as I can!
UpstateAg
AG
Roku. Dang. Down $5 AH/pre. Amazon announces competition through their fire stick.
Bonfire1996
AG
UpstateAg said:

Roku. Dang. Down $5 AH/pre. Amazon announces competition through their fire stick.
Should have seen that coming. Not you, all of us. ROKU had 2 of the top 5 selling items on amazon last Christmas season. Amazon wasn't going to stand for that.
Ragoo
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

UpstateAg said:

Should have seen that coming. Not you, all of us. ROKU had 2 of the top 5 selling items on amazon last Christmas season. Amazon wasn't going to stand for that.
over reaction to an overbought security, IMO.

My calls look to be expiring worthless now. So that is good news.
gougler08
AG
Futures have gone red this morning, let's see if we actually move down today
Gator2_01
AG
Gator2_01 said:

Initiating a medium-long term bullish position in TEAM.

I've got some buddies that know their business pretty well and are really impressed with how they are focusing on their core competencies (ie - the Slack deal) to spend their money and effort on growth of businesses where they excel.

I'm Long Oct19 90 Calls - averaged at $3.80.

I won't be reducing cost basis on these until just before earnings or I roll them forward. They have earnings on Oct 18 so the IV will be steadily climbing making it a tough prospect to sell calls now. Hopefully the calls are positive prior to earnings and they get another bump like last quarter.

As long as these make some cash I'll roll everything into LEAPs for mid-late 2019 and start reducing cost basis.
Ended up picking up some more contracts yesterday. Cost basis is now $3.95.
oldarmy1
AG
Iron Mountain (IRM) rising wedge crossed above 200 DMA. Watch that one forba breakout run above $37 resistance.
First Page Last Page
Page 205 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.