Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,988,551 Views | 224154 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by ProgN
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just looked it up and saw this is the company that developed Trello, interesting.
oldarmy1
AG
EXEL with continuation of breakout.
oldarmy1
AG
NFLX weekly Puts. Weeeeee
59 South
AG
And JIRA
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Let's hope it can regain some steam after it got knocked down a bit over the past few minutes
oldarmy1
AG
ENPH also
oldarmy1
AG
Took another $/option gain closing out NFLX Put. I rolled remaining 5 out to next Friday using premium to now own 9 at next strike price lower. Zero risk as I made off like a bandit on rest of sales.
leoj
AG
Not familiar with that one but I'm going to try and read up more on the company now.
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM

Acquiring a nice position in this global tech company.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4202542-pareteum-record-backlog-increased-revenue-guidance
Gator2_01
AG
Huge player in team collaboration mostly in the agile development world. Their sale of assets to Slack gave them an equity stake and honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see them acquire Slack in the next year. Yes, the price has more than doubled in the last year and I think it has the chance to double again in the coming year.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Edit: Not only Oldarmy but anyone else who can give input on technical analysis and fundamental analysis.

Oldarmy, where do you see NFLX and FB going in the next 4 months? FB is the one I'm more concerned with because that is in my trading account. NFLX is in my retirement but I still am keeping an eye.

Dollar cost average on FB is around $203 - stupidly played earnings and broke a rule of mine.

Dollar cost average on NFLX is around $390 - also played earnings but bought more when it dipped to $316.

As always thank you!
gougler08
AG
TWTR bounced right off the old trend line around 34.80, which seems like a nice sign that it is new resistance (almost got there yesterday before the bounce too)
jtmoney03
AG
Freaking AVEO decides to break out and stay up the first time I try to play some puts (bought late last week) anticipating the normal $2 bottom out! Glad you guys are finally making some good coin on these guys. They burned me early and I haven't come back around yet. And now they're burning me again!
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm almost out of the red!!!

I was a bit wet behind the ears on trading when I first jumped into them. Been s bit better now.
gougler08
AG
I wouldn't give up on them yet, never know with AVEO
gougler08
AG
100 point run on DJI in just an hour
bmks270
AG
So when is the pull back...?
59 South
AG
AVEO close above 2.90 would set up a run over 3.
leoj
AG
Amazon over 2k by end of the week?
BT1395
AG
DBX approaching new lows. Time to buy and hope it bounces off of the previous low?
59 South
AG
Today
TexasAg2017
AG
59 South said:

Today
I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Ranger222
AG
Been busy at work and missed this thread

- I'm long DBX stock. Think it is good "value" here and could be putting in a bottom. A close below ~26.5 would change my mind. Bottoms take time to form. Holding for move back to 30s.

- Two long ideas I think this thread will love -- Disney and GE. I've been long DIS Nov 120 C for the past week. Sweeper came for DIS OCT 120 C today. Loaded in this one. Also GE -- Long GE Dis 12 C. Saw a sweeper just now for Sept 7 13.5 C. I'll take the longer dated calls every time and this one could be fun to hold.

- Also focusing in on Healthcare names. A lot of the stocks I have played in the past with great looking charts. VRTX took off today. CELG looks ready and may be in initial stages. Midcaps I love are BLUE GWPH LOXO and SRPT. Micros to watch for small play are TRIL as well as AFMD and news of their new partnership. Large caps always safer, and the smaller companies always the riskiest and put in volatile moves. I'd play options for the larger companies, hold stock for the rest. Some of the IVs in the biotechs are expensive.
UpstateAg
AG
INVE...come on baby
leoj
AG
Down big on Celg like everyone else, so hoping that keeps coming back up
cgh1999
AG
I sold a handful of amazon shares this afternoon. My remaining shares are almost completely net free after the gain I took today. Still think their is upside, but I feel good about locking in that gain.

TexasAg2017
AG
I hold DIS in my IRA and it's been a solid choice. Those NOV 120 calls look like a pretty good buy, thanks for the tip.
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

INVE...come on baby
Still hitting resistance when it gets near 6.40, gotta break through that to make a run
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Got all the way back up to that early spike at 19.50. Keep on rolling!
oldarmy1
AG
Got my VIX Oct calls in place just before the profit taking hit. For those wanting to know I went Oct $14.50 Call at $1.98
oldarmy1
AG
SQ delivered 110% and is now a planted holding. Now for JD....wake up!!!! I entered a wad of aggressive call options today out to Sept 21. Need equivalence of $35/share to plant it.

Lot of shares mixed today with profit taking or just plain resistance not relinquishing in the face of wicked rising markets. Need to see some explosion moves.
UpstateAg
AG
OA, Still feel good about those PNC calls? I just bought a couple handfuls, and all today I was wondering why I was not selling when I was up, because they would just come back down where I can rebuy.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

OA, Still feel good about those PNC calls? I just bought a couple handfuls, and all today I was wondering why I was not selling when I was up, because they would just come back down where I can rebuy.

Yup
cjo03
AG
Anyone else familiar with or follow MDB?

My due diligence was thorough and consisted of... nothing more than me hearing a tech colleague who thinks MDB will eventually compete with Oracle.

Bought shortly after IPO in Oct 2017 at ~$30. Followed OA's strategy and sold half at ~$60 a couple weeks ago. Now at ~$72.

Quote:

MongoDB Inc. is an American software company that develops and provides commercial support for the open source database MongoDB, a NoSQL database that stores data in JSON-like documents with flexible schemas.
oldarmy1
AG
cjo03 said:

Anyone else familiar with or follow MDB?

My due diligence was thorough and consisted of... nothing more than me hearing a tech colleague who thinks MDB will eventually compete with Oracle.

Bought shortly after IPO in Oct 2017 at ~$30. Followed OA's strategy and sold half at ~$60 a couple weeks ago. Now at ~$72.

Quote:

MongoDB Inc. is an American software company that develops and provides commercial support for the open source database MongoDB, a NoSQL database that stores data in JSON-like documents with flexible schemas.

Playing with the houses money. I love you!

Never heard of them but post your next one when buying.
First Page Last Page
Page 206 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.