Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,074,340 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by El_duderino
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

decided to book TSLA 1700C gains. 2.5X!
Sold mine 1830 today for 63. Cost of 12.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Okay i've had a delicious IPA and read some WSB and have come up with a great or terrible idea.

If Elon gets thrown in jail, TSLA goes under, right? Ultimate black swan but how much of a coincidence could it be that elon tweets "stock price is too high" at 8:11 on 5/1, then on 8/11 they announce a 5:1 split. Also not to be morbid but what if the worst happens to him? Elon is TSLA and vice-versa, right?

So sept 2022 100p have a 5.55 ask right now, do those become worth $10k (for 1800% return) if they go under?
Sept 2021 5p are .07 for 7100% max return, March 2022 50p are 1.5 (3300% max)
Or does it not work this way, and everything gets halted until everybody is screwed? And of course these are going to be nonstandard options in a couple days...

Or does TSLA even go under with Elon in jail? SEC doesn't let you play on the computer in jail...so does he have a succession plan? Would it immediately be scooped up by another company for the IP thus not going to zero?
Ragoo
AG
Why would he go to jail?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
bought 300 shares of WMT in AH.
Talon2DSO
AG
Ragoo said:

Why would he go to jail?

Because Democrats think his income is criminal
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
my thought was that the SEC has rapped his knuckles a few times already (i.e. funding secured at 420) and he keeps playing games. But who knows what else, dude's an eccentric billionaire south african, crazy stuff happens.
Ragoo
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Ragoo said:

Why would he go to jail?

Because Democrats think his income is criminal
cant spell democrat without rat.
TxAG#2011
The government will never go after him because his work on SpaceX is simply too valuable to the United States. He will be the primary man responsible for putting a man on Mars and everything else that comes with it.
khaos288
AG
Classy
Brewmaster
AG
watch him move to Texas no state income tax and no yahoos trying to shut down his plant.
tailgatetimer10
AG
NRD09 said:

Okay i've had a delicious IPA and read some WSB and have come up with a great or terrible idea.

If Elon gets thrown in jail, TSLA goes under, right? Ultimate black swan but how much of a coincidence could it be that elon tweets "stock price is too high" at 8:11 on 5/1, then on 8/11 they announce a 5:1 split. Also not to be morbid but what if the worst happens to him? Elon is TSLA and vice-versa, right?

So sept 2022 100p have a 5.55 ask right now, do those become worth $10k (for 1800% return) if they go under?
Sept 2021 5p are .07 for 7100% max return, March 2022 50p are 1.5 (3300% max)
Or does it not work this way, and everything gets halted until everybody is screwed? And of course these are going to be nonstandard options in a couple days...

Or does TSLA even go under with Elon in jail? SEC doesn't let you play on the computer in jail...so does he have a succession plan? Would it immediately be scooped up by another company for the IP thus not going to zero?

I think you need a break from WSB.........
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I just tried to explain the concept of a covered call to a family member. FML. Never doing that again.
ProgN

I just tried to explain the concept of a covered call to a family member. FML. Never doing that again.
gougler08
AG

I tried to explain options and trading to my wife one day...gave up after about 2 min
ProgN
OA,

Do we know if GOCO earnings are before the market open or after the close on Wednesday?
McInnis 03
AG

DO BUTTERFLIES NEXT!!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BrokeAssAggie
Prognightmare said:

OA,

Do we know if GOCO earnings are before the market open or after the close on Wednesday?
after close

https://investors.gohealth.com/news-and-events/events-and-presentations
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

I think you need a break from WSB.........

Lol i have all but stopped reading it, but a coworker sent me a link to this 8:11 5/1 thing and i started thinking...
ProgN
Thanks
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

I tried to explain options and trading to my wife one day...gave up after about 2 min
"just, whatever, don't lose money"
Brewmaster
AG
any of you in CCO? seems quite beaten down still and hearing they may be running a tighter ship, insider filing recently as well.
McInnis 03
AG
TSLA 1890 in pm
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TSLA 1890 1914 in pm
FIFY - still can't believe I've never touched this beast.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Dr. Horrible
Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

"just, whatever, don't lose money"
Hell, I get that response even when I try to tell her what stocks we are invested in or what our general market exposure is.
59 South
AG
Same here. If I even try to explain a stock or strategy I don't even get eye contact anymore. She just thinks it is a 'cute' hobby just like the buying and returning clothes online game that creates a family accounting nightmare.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
gig em 02
59 South said:

McInnis 03 said:

TSLA 1890 1914 in pm
FIFY - still can't believe I've never touched this beast.

Why not? I paid $1.80 for a 2200c because obviously I knew it would run like this and it wasn't just a total gamble.
McInnis 03
AG
Wmt and HD may have just lit the final fuse in the rocket in S&P's ass

B&I Key:
gig em 02

bought 300 shares of WMT in AH.
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

And still no ZEST news
59 South
GigEmRangers75455
CrazyRichAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

And still no ZEST news

Nothing yet. I'll be listening to the call at 7 just for that reason but I don't think we get anything out of it today. However I do think we're on "any day" alert at this point. Friday before Labor Day is one I've had circled but I don't know that we make it that far. Still no new trial date set. I'm almost certain it's all being worked out or done behind the scenes and the judge has been notified.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

NRD09 said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Anyone going for a Wednesday Put Call Spy straddel get your calls now. $339
When you see above $338 buy the $337 Puts
Be ready.....could be a flash above $338 only or it could move hard to challenge days highs and set up another run at all-time highs. Your calls have moved up 18-26% depending on execution.
what fills did you get on these? I got the calls for .85 and the puts for .99, but the calls dropped a dime. Is IV dropping or theta eating these up or did I just get bad fills?
If those of you playing the put-call SPY straddle could continue updating that would be great. Especially after you sell to explain what your target was versus what you did. I am not in this, but I need to learn the thought process here. I've done this a few times and things have consistently not gone as planned. Could be small sample or it could be I was doing it wrong.
If OA doesn't tell us what to target, the first thing I try to do is score a double on one leg at open or near it, then hope we model t and I can salvage some value out of the other leg. If we open relatively flat I try and grab 20% on each leg over the course of the day, then roll it all into another 1dte spread at 2:20 after theta's eaten them up over the course of the day.
That said, I really don't know what I'm doing...most of my success with these is catching a big move at close or open.

So is there a level we're looking for here? Clear above visibility unlimited? Gap open and bleed all day? I'd say I'm incapable of independent thought but that's not quite true... it just leads to ideas like buying $5 puts on tsla
gig em 02
Aggies75455 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

And still no ZEST news

Nothing yet. I'll be listening to the call at 7 just for that reason but I don't think we get anything out of it today. However I do think we're on "any day" alert at this point. Friday before Labor Day is one I've had circled but I don't know that we make it that far. Still no new trial date set. I'm almost certain it's all being worked out or done behind the scenes and the judge has been notified.
There is a Daubert hearing scheduled for 9/29/20 and they just admitted counsel at the end of June. I would love for them to announce a $15/share buy out this morning but I think this thing being settled before 2022 is a pipe dream.
BrokeAssAggie
Would be nice. You would think a really good 2Q earnings would have been the perfect time to slip in a little note about a small settlement.

Maybe someone will ask the status in the Q&A
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone in GRWG????

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 2045 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.