Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,863 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3384215-black-box-plus-7_9-percent-net-losses-narrow
UpstateAg
AG
Sold some 37.50 IQ calls for September. If it bursts through, oh well, made my profit target for September. If not, do it all over again.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

MU trying to break through intraday resistance near 47.85
Read the article at the CNBC link I posted on page 197.
oldarmy1
AG
INVE chart looks great. Trending towards another break out once $6.40 pops. Identiv tracking technology could get adopted by schools for tracking anything or anyone.

If it does it will spike to $15. I took a smaller position when first posted at $5.50. Just added to it.

Text book Flag pattern. Note the volume interest pushing this.

Joseph Parrish
AG
gougler08 said:

Also, did SN finally find its bottom at 2.40?
That's about where I bought more shares.
oldarmy1
AG
EXEL and DBX buying hit exact same time. EXEL bigger move early
oldarmy1
AG
DBX. Now we need to see a new high above Friday and we can see some dough.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

MU trying to break through intraday resistance near 47.85
Read the article at the CNBC link I posted on page 197.
Glad to hear smarter people than me are looking at it too. I bought Sept 14 $50 calls on Friday, so I'm short term on it now, but may go long term depending on the next couple weeks
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

I'm waiting to see if DBX bounces off that resistance line again around 26.60 and then may buy some calls on it

Give this guy a CI-gar. Within 6 cents of July 31 low reversal.

I didn't want to risk missing it so ariund $27 was fine.
ProgN
A lot of money managers and traders are on vacations through labor day. You should see uptick in volume and volatility after Labor Day. They will be positioning their portfolios for the end of the year and bonus time.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DBX. Now we need to see a new high above Friday and we can see some dough.
DBX definitely has a defined lower resistance at 26.60 now
oldarmy1
AG
Anatomy of a reversal. DBX first green candle in 8 days. Now traders will see that and should pile in.

And that's how we swing trade.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

I'm waiting to see if DBX bounces off that resistance line again around 26.60 and then may buy some calls on it

Give this guy a CI-gar. Within 6 cents of July 31 low reversal.

I didn't want to risk missing it so ariund $27 was fine.
Somedays I know what I'm doing
oldarmy1
AG
Double top on S&P intraday
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Anatomy of a reversal. DBX first green candle in 8 days. Now traders will see that and should pile in.

And that's how we swing trade.

You expecting it to come back to the 30 line or so, or a bigger reversal than that?
oldarmy1
AG
I'm confident it tests 30 so that is my1st planned sale. Depending on juice in premiums I might use a $29 covered call when it is doing so for some extra gains or protection.
oldarmy1
AG
It was nothing but profit taking.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'm confident it tests 30 so that is my1st planned sale. Depending on juice in premiums I might use a $29 covered call when it is doing so for some extra gains or protection.
sold calls at 35 against DBX
gougler08
AG
Ok options strategy question time...I have a Sept 14 $50 call for MU that's currently up 28% if I just sell to close it now. What is a good target % to sell these type of options at? I assume that since I have so much time left it would make sense to keep it and try to get to that $50 line and see what the % gain is there, but if hypothetically I can get 50-75% return in just a couple of days, should I do it?
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

Ok options strategy question time...I have a Sept 14 $50 call for MU that's currently up 28% if I just sell to close it now. What is a good target % to sell these type of options at? I assume that since I have so much time left it would make sense to keep it and try to get to that $50 line and see what the % gain is there, but if hypothetically I can get 50-75% return in just a couple of days, should I do it?
option sellers typically close out at 50% of max profit. IMO you should sell back options to cover for a net free holding.
khkman22
AG
gougler08 said:

This is part of personal preference and overall strategy, but I think Tastytrade says their general rule is to close out when there are 25 days left. But that is mostly under the assumption that 45 days is the ideal duration for a contract I believe.
gougler08
AG
Green again this morning
aggiehunter3
AG
CRON with a good last couple of days...My 10/19 7.5 calls were briefly in the money yesterday and it's over yesterday's high in pre market after announcing new supply agreements. Hoping we can take on the big resistance level at $8 and cruise to $10.
WestTexAg12
AG
BBOX filled the gap from yesterday and has seemed to find support at 1.57. Think this is a good support level to enter in again?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
gougler08
AG
NFLX is starting to form a pretty defined downward wedge, breakout to the positive would be around 340
ProgN
I think they're coming back into MCHP
gougler08
AG
TWTR just broke through the 33.60 resistance line

I think Ranger will be happy with those calls assuming he's still got them
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

NFLX is starting to form a pretty defined downward wedge, breakout to the positive would be around 340
NFLX has bumped the top line of the wedge 3 times today and gone straight back down each time
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

gougler08 said:

NFLX has bumped the top line of the wedge 3 times today and gone straight back down each time
341 now, RUN!
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

gougler08 said:

341 now, RUN!
Doesn't seem to want to go...
gougler08
AG
MU at an intraday resistance of 49.80 for the 3rd time
Gator2_01
AG
gougler08 said:

We really shouldn't be applying TastyTrade mechanics to holding long options. They don't hold long options. They are net sellers of premium and when you are selling premium then their research has determined that, in aggregate, it is best to sell at 45 DTE and then manage the trade at 50% profit or 21 DTE.

If you want to apply TastyTrade mechanics I would make it a long debit spread - since you are already up on the trade it will be easy. This will be a defined risk trade so you'd leave it on until expiration or your profit target. Also be aware that gamma risk (the change in delta of the option based on the underlying's movement) increases greatly inside of 21 DTE - which is one reason TT manages undefined risk trades at 21 DTE.

I'm assuming the MU call was purchased ~$1.35 if you're currently up 28%. If you want to turn it into a long debit spread then sell the Sep14 52C for ~$0.99. Then your cost on the trade is $0.36 and max profit would be $1.64 (distance of spread - your cost). Now that there is a defined max profit set your closing order for $0.82 credit which would be 50% max profit.

*I am not your fiduciary - do your own research*
Ragoo
AG
Great explanation
ProgN
MU approaching 50
oldarmy1
AG
Been away but seeing I actually received some $1.50 fills on BBOX. Markets definitely taking a wait and see on Trammell's turn around performance.

We have ~90days until next report so unless there is some news break its a market makers stock. Anyone buying extra shares down here would likely do well to sell some or all of those on any bounces above $1.75. I think we'll get one of those only because of how much control the shorts exhibited.

Pretty much the same with RRTS.

Marathon stocks with occasional big % false starts. Don't invest capital thinking trade and yet be prepared to trade when days like yesterday present themselves.

And whatever you do - get premarket trading ability. Even Robinhood users missed being able to sell $2 30-$2.50 where it was for over an hour. By the time 8am Robinhood early trading hit it was $2.10 high but quickly lost $2.05 and sank back.

DBX reversal conitnues. $28.01 as I type. Truly it needs to push through this afternoon or I'll use some strategies to protect profits. There are obvious short sellers on this one so each time the bids aren't locked you see a quick drop. Buying those dips has been a good day trade. 20 cents per share waves.

All our chip stock entries really paid off. Also the financial sector mentioned basing Friday shot up last 2 days. I wrote covered calls 10% in the money with high premiums.

S&P needs to hold above 2858 today. Technically it is a break out and should continue pushing upward squeezing the shorts along the way. Last two breakouts on trend lasted 2 days before waving down to a new higher low support.

HOWEVER - This one might be different because while we hit new trend high we also are ramged above all time highs. We are now below that previous all time high close of 2872.87.

On macro trend a continued confirmation of breakout could see us move close to 3000!

First Page Last Page
Page 198 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.