Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,250,837 Views | 225151 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by E
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AmateurNerd said:

For those who haven't bought BBOX yet, is it worth jumping in on Monday morning right when the market opens or waiting to see if the stock drops a little throughout the day? If you are thinking it gets above $3+, does trying to gain a few extra cents matter?
I follow my plan and have no idea where it can move short term. We know stocks, especially smaller ones, can soar well above reasonable valuations. You have emotional overreaction and potential short squeeze on volume. All of this could last a day or two. In essence you get a natural move excaserbated by pump and dump within that move.

We also have the earnings call occurring Monday morning early (9am eastern). That could add fuel to the fire or tamper down the excitement. One sentence in the release that I noted and would like to ask on the Q&A is in reference to their looking at all options including the sale of the remainder of the company - as being responsible managers to their stockholders.

This appears to ensure value per share to anyone investing but I want assurances, as well as to know if their first objective is to continue their growth objectives. In light of their going through the extensive certification process for their switches its a fair question. That adds additional value - in their sales pipeline or to potential suitors. Which will it be? Short or long ball.

All that to say - you buy premarket your part of the push higher. If it goes too high don't be a holder, at least not of a full position. You'll naturally be able to buy it lower. As a general rule think 50% retracement from wherever it tops out before buying back/adding.

ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

AmateurNerd said:

For those who haven't bought BBOX yet, is it worth jumping in on Monday morning right when the market opens or waiting to see if the stock drops a little throughout the day? If you are thinking it gets above $3+, does trying to gain a few extra cents matter?
I follow my plan and have no idea where it can move short term. We know stocks, especially smaller ones, can soar well above reasonable valuations. You have emotional overreaction and potential short squeeze on volume. All of this could last a day or two. In essence you get a natural move excaserbated by pump and dump within that move.

We also have the earnings call occurring Monday morning early (9am eastern). That could add fuel to the fire or tamper down the excitement. One sentence in the release that I noted and would like to ask on the Q&A is in reference to their looking at all options including the sale of the remainder of the company - as being responsible managers to their stockholders.

This appears to ensure value per share to anyone investing but I want assurances, as well as to know if their first objective is to continue their growth objectives. In light of their going through the extensive certification process for their switches its a fair question. That adds additional value - in their sales pipeline or to potential suitors. Which will it be? Short or long ball.

All that to say - you buy premarket your part of the push higher. If it goes too high don't be a holder, at least not of a full position. You'll naturally be able to buy it lower. As a general rule think 50% retracement from wherever it tops out before buying back/adding.

OA, I didn't get into BBOX because I've been burned way more than winning on low stocks, but I will say you've been all over this one, much respect sir! Your knowledge and opinions are valid. FWIW, I was a broker for several years after A&M and your attention and research surpasses most of my colleagues at the time.
UpstateAg
AG
Check out BBOX. 2.31 right now.
oldarmy1
AG
Appreciate that.

BBOX been as high as $2.54 premarket. You have 2 more events today that will be drivers, earnings release and then the earnings call.

I had 10k shares at $2.50 filled early. Remember that was my target price that the sale of business unit should produce.

It's sunk back to $2.05 but someone bought 46k shares when it hit $2.10 with an order that filled up to $2.31. Looks like $2.05 has some decent support.

Will have to clear all the early profit takers and see regular interest impact.

gougler08
AG
Green again this morning on the overall market
UpstateAg
AG
Here comes the dump
johnson2012
AG
Another win thanks to OA. My (far less material) bbox order was sitting at 2.45 and filled. Half are now off the table so it's time to see where things shake out for the rest.

Thanks again OA!
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Here comes the dump

Now we see how clearing out early daytraders impacts the stock. Earnings call was as expected and no surprises. Trammell spoke to being well positioned going forward.

Not surprising was a statement they made about sales struggling to overcome the negative backdrop of financial difficulties. But they see this unit sale as eliminating that head wind.

UpstateAg
AG
My question is do I buy more of those March 19 calls, or just stock?
oldarmy1
AG
200k buy from a believer hit.
oldarmy1
AG
You can sell 20 to 25 cent covered calls $2.50 strikes for September.

I sold 75 of them since my $2.50 isn't available per plan. If it rises up to there I make $2.70. If it sits I reduce share price on those by 22 cents average of covered calls filled.

Love it!
UpstateAg
AG
I ended up just doing both.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Dafuq is going on with DBX?
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Will have to watch for reversal. Remember the tactic market makers love is to take it below previous low to shake out traders before shooting higher.

I'm counting on it with DBX.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/as-semi-stocks-get-wrecked-long-time-tech-investor-sees-two-to-buy-on-the-dip.html

Good article on chips.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Will have to watch for reversal. Remember the tactic market makers love is to take it below previous low to shake out traders before shooting higher.

I'm counting on it with DBX.
I'm thinking some calls and are about to be added by me. Figures that I buy and then it dips ~15% in about a week. Thank God I'm a patient person with this stuff.
oldarmy1
AG
JD above $33.
gougler08
AG
CRON with a huge jump today
BT1395
AG
oldarmy1 said:

JD above $33.
Best play on this right now? Just buy the stock straight up?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

CRON with a huge jump today

It's "High"
WestTexAg12
AG
UpstateAg said:

Check out BBOX. 2.31 right now.

Executed shares at 1.81. Here we go
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
OA - would you buy this at $1.80 today?
oldarmy1
AG
chrisfield said:

OA - would you buy this at $1.80 today?

I'm buying back the shares I sold earlier here under $1.80. And should it move back close to $2 I will continue selling covered calls above 20 cents against my extra shares.
gougler08
AG
I'm waiting to see if DBX bounces off that resistance line again around 26.60 and then may buy some calls on it
Guitarsoup
AG
I had a limit sell order that hit in after hours Friday at $1.80. Just bought back in at $1.78.
bmks270
AG
Any insight into what is going on with the ETF FBT on 7/26.... volume was like 30x a normal day and the price hardly moved at all.
oldarmy1
AG
You never know how shares will trade after initial move. BBOX is a great example of needing to have a firm plan in place with multiple strategies, and ve quick and decisive on executing.

I only got 10k shares filled at $2.50 and it retreated all the way into the open. At the open and for a while the September $2.50 strikes batted around between .20 and .25.

I got some fills at .25 ask but was also selling into those bids. That got me 7500 shares worth of covered calls. These are part of shares I wanted to sell at $2.50 so if we don't pop back up by Sept. Expiration I at least lower my $1.34 buys down to $1.12 (only on 7500 shares).

If we do move above $2.50 by expiration and those are called out they end up netting $2.72. That is how you win at the market maker institutional games.

I think we will see a bottoming and move upward on it as many can begin to see a turning of the corner. This is a marathon but I toss in these sprint type trades knowing there will be capitulation into earnings.
gougler08
AG
NFLX is having a good day for the first time in a while
oldarmy1
AG
With BBOX being basically flat from its push last week the basing here should be positive. Day traders are not making anything buying here while it churns so this is a good attempt at creating major support.

Institutions are allowing sellers to get filled and rebuffing further short sells to break it down. If you begin to see a stair step pattern taking it above $1.85 then it will have legs.
oldarmy1
AG
FDC new trend highs today. Thats a momentum winner.
AggiePeeps06
AG
DBX is a hard one to figure out. Good subscriber growth and no real bad news, yet is below its IPO price
UpstateAg
AG
Now I just need RRTS to perk up
Guitarsoup
AG
UpstateAg said:

Now I just need RRTS to perk up
X1000
gougler08
AG
MU trying to break through intraday resistance near 47.85
gougler08
AG
Also, did SN finally find its bottom at 2.40?
First Page Last Page
Page 197 of 6433

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.