Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,018,078 Views | 224187 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
PPAag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking back I have no clue what my thought process was. Chalk all that up to immaturity.
59 South
AG
Well if you were into the stock market whilst in college you were about 15 or so years ahead of me so props to you for the early education!
Eliminatus
AG
PPAag06 said:

Looking back I have no clue what my thought process was. Chalk all that up to immaturity.
Don't worry. Hubris strikes all.

Got a random $2K bonus summer of '11. Had no real plans for it. There was this cool thing called bitcoin I had heard of from an old squadmate. Looked into it and was committed to just throw it all into it. It was a bit over $7 at the time. Think it was $7.1

Then another friend decided to get married in Vegas that same summer. Blew it on that instead. I know I probably would have sold at like $9 or something like that, but from time to time I like to calculate the potential profit if I bought then and held.

As of mid July that $2K would be north of $3mil.

Just something I think about to keep me humble. That's my uber loss story.

ETA: As of today, It would be $3.25mil. I hate everything now.
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

Have y'all seen the volume on PINS today?

Mercy, what in the what. Did you start posting your briskets and tall boys or what? That's insane. Too lazy to study up, what's the deal and why?
PPAag06
TxAG#2011
BREwmaster said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

fooz said:

I think folks are buying up MARA in case BTC runs over the weekend. I should have bought more below $2

I did too but felt like I was chasing it so didn't buy more. Lets see how it plays out.

Since this seems to be ridiing Bitcoins coattails to some degree, if Bitcoin gets to 17,000 as some think where do you guys think that'll leave MARA? $6ish?
jeebus, bitcoin needs to clear 12k first. 12,000 is a big hurdle, if it does clear, then $3 spike for MARA. If BTC goes parabolic and runs to 17, MARA could be 5 to $7. Just my 2 cents!

That is crazy to think about right now though.

Not crazy, inevitable. I wonder what it can get to when bitcoin breaks 100k next year.
Maedan86
AG

Geeez....
-

Emoticon

I knew MARA was up a bit because of the discussion here but didn't realize it is going nuts. Are they trying to hit that $7 PT TODAY?? Lol.

Currently at 2.78 after hours! Dayum.
59 South
AG
Not nearly the same but I almost just almost put $10k in OSTK a few short weeks ago when it was about $4.
TheCellarDoor
AG
I got chingaled at the end. Fidelity sold my spy 324 calls that I was holding for the pop with about 30 minutes left in trading. Cost me 3x! I wonder if big money was waiting for that?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

BREwmaster said:

fooz said:

I think folks are buying up MARA in case BTC runs over the weekend. I should have bought more below $2

I did too but felt like I was chasing it so didn't buy more. Lets see how it plays out.

Since this seems to be ridiing Bitcoins coattails to some degree, if Bitcoin gets to 17,000 as some think where do you guys think that'll leave MARA? $6ish?
jeebus, bitcoin needs to clear 12k first. 12,000 is a big hurdle, if it does clear, then $3 spike for MARA. If BTC goes parabolic and runs to 17, MARA could be 5 to $7. Just my 2 cents!

Not crazy, inevitable. I wonder what it can get to when bitcoin breaks 100k next year.
I know very little in the crypto world.. Not sure you're being serious with the 100k? Are you?
TxAG#2011

TxAG#2011 said:

BREwmaster said:

fooz said:

I know very little in the crypto world.. Not sure you're being serious with the 100k? Are you?

If bitcoin follows the same price patterns from its previous two bullruns that would put a blow off top somewhere in the neighborhood of $250k
TriumphForks
AG
TriumphForks said:

I'm too skeered to touch MARA so I will really enjoy watching it rocket to $3 and beyond from the sidelines.
Another one that got away...
Jet Black
Would dumping 100k into apple be a wise move?
Jet Black
Maedan86 said:

Geeez....
-

Emoticon

I knew MARA was up a bit because of the discussion here but didn't realize it is going nuts. Are they trying to hit that $7 PT TODAY?? Lol.

Currently at 2.78 after hours! Dayum.

$2.88
Edit: 2.93
ProgN
Jet Black said:

Yep, this past Wednesday.

Wait until it pulls back a bit. JMO
2percent
AG
Jet Black said:

i did first thing this morning.

worth it so far

Sometimes you have got to chase.
TriumphForks
AG
My golden rule of investing..... If I have the balls to actually pull the trigger and do so, stock will tank. If i don't have the balls to pull the trigger while knowing full well the stock could go full rocketship mode in the coming days, stock does exactly what I thought it would do whilst I remain a spectator.

System is rigged.
59 South
AG
Yes in a couple weeks. Split it 50/50 into SQ and ROKU. Buy Monday and sell Friday. Then put it in AAPL and AMZN split 50/50. Thank me in a decade or 2.
2percent
AG
Re: AAPL

i just don't think the standard emotional investor has caught on to the split yet. Look at the premiums on the calls. i can see 140 very easily.

And all these twitter based stock advisors are going to be screaming for AAPL.
Lavender Gooms
AG
Same but on the $415s. Sums up my last 2-3 weeks of trading!
TriumphForks
AG
What's the thread's prognosis on MGNI? I bought my last bit of shares at $6.33 which at the time looked like a very good entry. Hovered around there for a bit and the thing has done nothing but let me down ever since. My plan is to hold thru earnings. Risky but could pay off.
Jet Black
Thanks for the input!
YNWA_AG
AG
I bought more In the 5.60s. Just following oa plan of accumulating and selling rebuys in the 7s and 8s
Swollen Thumb
AG
TriumphForks said:

What's the thread's prognosis on MGNI? I bought my last bit of shares at $6.33 which at the time looked like a very good entry. Hovered around there for a bit and the thing has done nothing but let me down ever since. My plan is to hold thru earnings. Risky but could pay off.
Same. I'm averaged in at 5.33, so still up, but it's been a roller coaster. Got up to 8 a while back and almost sold but thought it might run to around 10. I was wrong. I think it has good long term potential so will be holding at least through earnings and decide what to do then.
Richierich2323
TriumphForks said:

I am bullish going into earnings.

1.) The director of the company just invested $400,000 in stock in the company right before earnings.

2.) This earning call will include earnings from the merger. Last earnings call was just RUBI info.

3.) Ad revenue is higher than expected for most companies as we have recently seen. The one dip for the company this week was when a similar company had abysmal earnings and it is popping back up from the latest reports from the end of this week.

I am not sure how much this thing is going to run but it will be back in the $7's / $8's sooner than later.
Philip J Fry
AG
TriumphForks said:

My golden rule of investing..... If I have the balls to actually pull the trigger and do so, stock will tank. If i don't have the balls to pull the trigger while knowing full well the stock could go full rocketship mode in the coming days, stock does exactly what I thought it would do whilst I remain a spectator.

System is rigged.

I've nailed the sell low, buy high strategy.
I bleed maroon
AG
Philip J Fry said:

TriumphForks said:

System is rigged.

I've nailed the sell low, but high strategy.
Do you call it the Spicoli or the Stoner Strategy? I've heard of worse approaches to the market.
TecRecAg
AG
Cheech and Chong Securities, LLC. over here
ranchag04
AG
TriumphForks said:

Don't take my advice but one clue I have picked up....if a stock gets hammered going into earnings it's probably going to rip in spite of earnings and vice versa.
khkman22
AG
TriumphForks said:

System is rigged.
Always good to know who my disciples are.
ProgN
Trump says he will ban TikTok through executive action as soon as Saturday

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/trump-says-he-will-ban-tiktok-through-executive-action-as-soon-as-saturday.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Philip J Fry
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Philip J Fry said:

TriumphForks said:

System is rigged.

I've nailed the sell low, but high strategy.
Do you call it the Spicoli or the Stoner Strategy? I've heard of worse approaches to the market.

Can't be any worse than I've done.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Be careful. Market is very extended. 160%+ market cap to GDP.
AgsnFly
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Be careful. Market is very extended. 160%+ market cap to GDP.

Reasonable advice, as prudence is always the wise course. But market cap to GDP comparison is nonsensical. Quarterly earnings to GDP is appropriate and there have been numerous records broken (as in ATH) in the current quarter's reporting.
Imagine the market cap of the US - an entity that owns, among many thing, 20% of the annual profits of that same ATH stock market; not to mention another 350M individuals.
Aston04
AG
Prognightmare said:

Trump says he will ban TikTok through executive action as soon as Saturday

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/trump-says-he-will-ban-tiktok-through-executive-action-as-soon-as-saturday.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
and Facebook is coming out with a copy of it .. starting to skyrocket ..
First Page Last Page
Page 1962 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.