Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,145 Views | 224592 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by MAS444
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Challenger 17 said:

AGSmith said:

Spaceship said:

wmitchell said:

In SNSS at .29

Samesies
Me too
Are we about to do our own Texags pump and dump?
Mayhaps. Internet took a poop for a minute and my .27 purchase went to .3

Still in at that though
drred4
ya'll cut that out, I still need to buy back in
topher06
Can do TTOO covered calls at $1/share purchasing at $1.65 and selling CC $2.50 11/20 for $0.65. Not as good as posted a couple months ago, but if anyone is interested in getting in this, $1 risk entry hasn't been very available recently.
ProgN
Have y'all seen the volume on PINS today?
tramaro1
AG
I hate myself. Bought some weekly aapl $410 and $412.5 for around $2 this morning, got shaken out for a tiny profit...these are now $11 and $9
TecRecAg
AG
Still holding Monday's SPY 323c. Want to see big close and gap monday
astroaggie13
AG
tramaro1 said:

I hate myself. Bought some weekly aapl $410 and $412.5 for around $2 this morning, got shaken out for a tiny profit...these are now $11 and $9
same
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Geeez....

I knew MARA was up a bit because of the discussion here but didn't realize it is going nuts. Are they trying to hit that $7 PT TODAY?? Lol.

tramaro1
AG
astroaggie13 said:

tramaro1 said:

same

These ran to $15 and $12...geez
spud1910
AG
tramaro1 said:

Yep, I got the 412.5 at 1.28 and sold for 2. Pretty happy until I see it at almost 11.
SpeedyAg90
AG
Weird how Amzn hasn't moved at all with general market
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Few mins left to end of day...

Tryin to stay GREEN. C'mon!
Spaceship
AG
QD taking a huge dump at the close
0708aggie
AG
YOLO ETSY 130 8/7
59 South
AG
Told y'all. Have a great weekend!
fooz
Spaceship said:

QD taking a huge dump at the close
I don't even watch it anymore. I set a gtc and forget it.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
And Boom goes the close
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
TecRecAg
AG
TecRecAg said:

Still holding Monday's SPY 323c. Want to see big close and gap monday

Forgot I set a limit at 3.50 before I left for the golf course just to make 1.25 if it ran. So.. I'm out with profit. Makes up for crappy round of golf.
Jet Black
Mara up over $2.30 after hours
gougler08
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Geeez....

I knew MARA was up a bit because of the discussion here but didn't realize it is going nuts. Are they trying to hit that $7 PT TODAY?? Lol.

Up big after hours too
fooz
gougler08 said:

Geeez....

Up big after hours too
Dammit man!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
gougler08 said:

Geeez....

Up big after hours too
holy.......glad i bought more at $2.10 (for now)
59 South
AG
Just a word of caution for you cool cats and kittens talking pennies and small caps non stop... be careful and take profits. I learned the hard way when I first got into trading. They will give you euphoria and then rip your heart out. It happens over and over again. Go study some long term charts if you think I'm just being an a$$.

The biggest turn of fortune for me was when I started avoiding the gambling of short term options and penny stocks. Invest and trade in sound names with big upside. I'll keep banging this drum for eternity. Why risk you nest egg in nonsense when you can safely beat the market with enough study?

ETA do you really want to snort that cocaine, or would you rather just enjoy a nice glass of scotch or a nice and easy doobie? Speaking anecdotally, I've doubled my net worth this year doing the latter with way less stress.
fooz
I think folks are buying up MARA in case BTC runs over the weekend. I should have bought more below $2
2percent
AG
So the question for the weekend is what to do with AAPL next week. The 4 for 1 split just fascinates the hell out of me because after the split a $100 AAPL share is incredibly enticing for the average small investor. AAPL itself stated they wanted the split so more people could afford the stock and to increase their trading volume.

I am kind of curious what target you technical traders foresee.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
fooz said:

I think folks are buying up MARA in case BTC runs over the weekend. I should have bought more below $2

I did too but felt like I was chasing it so didn't buy more. Lets see how it plays out.

Since this seems to be ridiing Bitcoins coattails to some degree, if Bitcoin gets to 17,000 as some think where do you guys think that'll leave MARA? $6ish?
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'll take another corona 'V' with a month turnaround please.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
2percent said:

So the question for the weekend is what to do with AAPL next week. The 4 for 1 split just fascinates the hell out of me because after the split a $100 AAPL share is incredibly enticing for the average small investor. AAPL itself stated they wanted the split so more people could afford the stock and to increase their trading volume.

I am kind of curious what target you technical traders foresee.

I am not technical trader nor am I near as good as some of the other cats on the board. I honestly don't see any reason anyone should sell AAPL at this time. And I also think once those $100ish shares are out there lotsa people are going to pounce and those new $100 stocks get to $140-150ish pretty quick. Especially in the Robinhood world we live in now. And honestly, that might be a conservative forecast. Just my very uneducated, untechnical outlook.
59 South
AG
Blue sky technicals to all time highs don't exist. There has to be some price discovery and nobody knows. Nobody.

If you have shares just hold and smile and probably never sell.
PPAag06
AG
Agreed, other than Zest, I try not to hold penny stocks over the weekend. Fun story, which will likely reveal my identity to some that know me, but oh well:

Back in college I opened a trading account with about $1K. I did a few internships with Halliburton and was paying very close attention to the activity in the middle east. A few oil wells were on set on fire in Iraq and I knew a bit about the industry. I did the research and there were only three companies which fought the major oil well fires and "Boots and Coots" (used to trade under WEL) had previously won a contract to put them out. I put the full $1K into WEL which got me about 5K shares at the time. I woke up one morning and there was a press release that Boots and Coots had won the contract to put out the new fires. That $1K was worth $120K. Literally when the market opened it was shooting upwards by $5K increments and finally held steady with me up to about $120K. I went to class (good little christian straight A student that I was) and came back to an account balance of about $3.5K. Turns out, the news release was incorrect and they were only selected as one of three companies to bid on the work (which I already knew it would be one of three). I sold and was sick for about 8 hours. I learned a valuable lesson that day and no longer ever trade without a proper plan in place.

To Add: WEL was bought by Halliburton in about 2010 and the stock chart finally disappeared. The massive spike used to give me nightmares everytime I looked at it.
59 South
AG
59 South said:

SPY 326 QQQ 266 cause the fed whistles go woooowoooo

Ok I'll pull a mcfly03 since we're the same class and reply to myself. This call was purely technical so all you technical naysayers can kindly eff off
Brewmaster
AG

fooz said:

I did too but felt like I was chasing it so didn't buy more. Lets see how it plays out.

Since this seems to be ridiing Bitcoins coattails to some degree, if Bitcoin gets to 17,000 as some think where do you guys think that'll leave MARA? $6ish?
jeebus, bitcoin needs to clear 12k first. 12,000 is a big hurdle, if it does clear, then $3 spike for MARA. If BTC goes parabolic and runs to 17, MARA could be 5 to $7. Just my 2 cents!

That is crazy to think about right now though.
59 South
AG
Agree but think about this... SPY is about flat for 2020. And I'm about double with minimal stress and effort. Ok ok March/April was a little stressful but if you educate yourself and play the volatility, you can freaking dominate.
59 South
AG
Wow what an incredible story. I'm guessing you weren't happy with $100k because you thought it would become $1million? That's how it seems to work...
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BREwmaster said:

fooz said:

jeebus, bitcoin needs to clear 12k first. 12,000 is a big hurdle, if it does clear, then $3 spike for MARA. If BTC goes parabolic and runs to 17, MARA could be 5 to $7. Just my 2 cents!

That is crazy to think about right now though.
I specialize in delusions of grandeur Go read my Aggie Football posts
First Page Last Page
Page 1961 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.