Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,105,953 Views | 224612 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by McInnis 03
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

He's trying to distract people from GDP. Let me begin by saying I am a republican: what on earth would compel a Republican President to suggest delaying the election but at the same time want an open economy?
ProgN

He's trying to distract people from GDP. Let me begin by saying I am a republican: what on earth would compel a Republican President to suggest delaying the election but at the same time want an open economy?
It was a troll tweet to make the left go REEEEEEEEE
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

It was a troll tweet to make the left go REEEEEEEEE

How presidential.
jtmoney03
AG
Not normally that close, but for some reason I felt that was one headed to 0 so I set a 25 cent trailing and it triggered a few mins after I set it. Normally that would confirm my thoughts, that I made a good choice lol. 4 days out from expiry on something that was 1.22 to begin with, .25 should have given quite a bit of wiggle room. Or so I thought...

Opened at 7.50, so not quite as bad as I thought yesterday evening.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

vxx 30c for friday are like 40c. Cheap insurance
rather be lucky than good (well really I'll take what i can get)
bought these for .43 right before close, just sold half at .7 and the rest at .8
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks a lot fed.
McInnis 03
AG
If you're anything like me and are a believer in the CWH bandwagon, you cna get some cheap bullish butterflies to play a strong earnings report from them that takes place next week I believe.

*should be worded "to speculatively play a strong earnings...." I have no clue, they could miss terribly
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BearkatRunner88
AG
ZEST getting crushed again today
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BearkatRunner88 said:

There is very little out there on them. I own a little but not much because I know so little. Is this still all about the pending litigation? Or is there more upside here?
KT 90
AG
BearkatRunner88 said:

Heavy volume on that as well. Maybe there is some news out today or just big players taking some profits?

AgShaun00
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

BearkatRunner88 said:

There is very little out there on them. I own a little but not much because I know so little. Is this still all about the pending litigation? Or is there more upside here?
zest has big swings and pretty common. My avg cost is still .99 on it. I might reload some here as I was buying at 3 and selling at 3.65 on another account for quick flips. Maybe it is time for higher lows and 3.5 the new bottom.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
AgShaun00 said:

BearkatRunner88 said:

zest has big swings and pretty common. My avg cost is still .99 on it. I might reload some here as I was buying at 3 and selling at 3.65 on another account for quick flips. Maybe it is time for higher lows and 3.5 the new bottom.
So long term you are bullish or very bullish?
0708aggie
AG
COP getting smoked this morning. Anyone loading up?
KT 90
AG

AgShaun00 said:

BearkatRunner88 said:

So long term you are bullish or very bullish?

It's a lotto pick. Most here bought low (sub $1.00) and sold enough to go net free. Hoping to cash in based on the lawsuit with WalMart.

gougler08
AG
All the O&G Majors are...RDS released earnings today and they were ugly, so probably expecting the rest to be bad too
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Might be a good day to buy LUV / UAL.
djmeen95
AG
Been waiting for Q2 earning for the O&G majors

There was no way it wasn't gonna be horrendous.

That said... once the bottom hits only there's only one way to go. The majors ain't disappearing in the next 5 years. Good window to look at getting back into those stocks for a longer term play.
ProgN
SPX bounced right off that 8 ema
khaos288
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good catch. I think you're right. Been looking for an entry
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

If you're anything like me and are a believer in the CWH bandwagon, you cna get some cheap bullish butterflies to play a strong earnings report from them that takes place next week I believe.

*should be worded "to speculatively play a strong earnings...." I have no clue, they could miss terribly
My timing was impeccable
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Harkrider 93
AG
anyone with a new plan of attack on COOP?
KT 90
AG
khaos288 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

how low is low enough to get in on these? Not sure that business travel will ever be the same (definitely not in the short term), and the Summer travel season is all but over now.

FattyDelights
BREwmaster said:

any of you playing OSTK earnings with options? I chickened out, but still have lots of commons of OSTK and OSTKO.
HP thinks they blow it out of the water - $6 move estimated.
OSTK has been a dream - been involved back and forth since the Byrne days.
khaos288
AG
KT 90 said:

khaos288 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

how low is low enough to get in on these? Not sure that business travel will ever be the same (definitely not in the short term), and the Summer travel season is all but over now.

Yeah I think at this level we're going long long. I don't think we'll revisit corona lows, so this is my entry for the next two years. That's my take at least
Carlo4
AG
QQQ testing the 20 EMA again. 3rd time in last week.
djmeen95
AG
khaos288 said:

KT 90 said:

khaos288 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah I think at this level we're going long long. I don't think we'll revisit corona lows, so this is my entry for the next two years. That's my take at least

Agree. My thoughts are:

The worst news for airlines was Q2 financials I think.

So in terms of catalyst news, moving forward it's got to get better than Q2.

I also think LUV understands the game here.

Growing off your pre-existing base ain't gonna cut it.

You gotta steal market share from competitors and during times like this, competitive pricing and operating costs are critical.

They've shown an aggressive pricing approach to customers and COVID protocols which signal to me that they "get" the current environment and how to market in it.

I also like what LUV's done with their money and can see them weathering the storm.

Plus, I won't be surprised if bailout money is an option as well for the industry later this year.

So I'm in for a few more shares of LUV this morning.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/former-gop-presidential-candidate-herman-cain-dies-after-battle-with-coronavirus.html

This may spook the markets.
Phat32
AG
Why? He was not relevant. Are people unaware that people die?
ProgN
yukmonkey said:

He died from covid so the media will pound that fact.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Prognightmare said:

yukmonkey said:

He died from covid so the media will pound that fact.

Not just that, but he apparently attended the Trump rally in Tulsa. God help us, and God rest his soul.
djmeen95
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/former-gop-presidential-candidate-herman-cain-dies-after-battle-with-coronavirus.html

This may spook the markets.

Lol. That would be SO 2020 if this spooks the markets.

GDP drops 33% - no worries
Unemployment numbers up - no worries
Random dude dies from COVID - panic

This year is ****oo crazy nuts.

Edit to note: You can't spell coockoo right without it being filtered. Who knew. Lol
Jet Black
Bought more MARA at $1.58
McInnis 03
AG
Pompeo is gonna drop us 2 more points here.

B&I Key:
topher06
NET is doing well today, at least comparatively.
KT 90
AG
djmeen95 said:

khaos288 said:

KT 90 said:

khaos288 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Agree. My thoughts are:

The worst news for airlines was Q2 financials I think.

So in terms of catalyst news, moving forward it's got to get better than Q2.

I also think LUV understands the game here.

Growing off your pre-existing base ain't gonna cut it.

You gotta steal market share from competitors and during times like this, competitive pricing and operating costs are critical.

They've shown an aggressive pricing approach to customers and COVID protocols which signal to me that they "get" the current environment and how to market in it.

I also like what LUV's done with their money and can see them weathering the storm.

Plus, I won't be surprised if bailout money is an option as well for the industry later this year.

So I'm in for a few more shares of LUV this morning.

good points, I think LUV has the best outlook of them all. I did grab a few earlier around $31.20
First Page Last Page
Page 1953 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.