Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,957,451 Views | 223947 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Bulldog73
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
any of you playing OSTK earnings with options? I chickened out, but still have lots of commons of OSTK and OSTKO.
HP thinks they blow it out of the water - $6 move estimated.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

QCOM rocketing after hours on beat and settlement with Huawei
Everything is exploding higher AH.

QCOM
QRVO
LRCX
PYPL

Nice. In on PayPal. I like qrvo hadn't seen it before. Bought simo to play earnings today. Beat on rev and earnings but not seeing movement yet
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
khaos288
AG
I refuse to touch Ostk. No bigger death kiss
ProgN
KorbinDallas said:

I find reference to T- Model
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-model.

But mostly pictures of old Fords or analysis of AT&T (T) stock
I think OA has a definition in the OP of the thread. I thought you were being facetious.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

any of you playing OSTK earnings with options? I chickened out, but still have lots of commons of OSTK and OSTKO.
HP thinks they blow it out of the water - $6 move estimated.

I'm still in the Jan 2022 leap for 20c but I sold a mar 60c so I'm already filled up lol
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

LOL, I hear ya, but times have changed. This new CEO knows his stuff and they have tech now, not just promises. The fun is just getting started
khaos288
AG
BREwmaster said:

khaos288 said:

LOL, I hear ya, but times have changed. This new CEO knows his stuff and they have tech now, not just promises. The fun is just getting started

Any ostk purchase for me would be fomo. I had hundreds and hundreds of shares with a out 18 cost basis. I had to swing trade for weeks during the chop to get my cash back. Then got out before it got worse. Good luck though.
jtmoney03
AG
Bought 95s on Monday, and didn't like the action Tuesday morning and set a trailing stop. Bought at 1.22, stopped out at 1.01...they'll be 10+ in the morning if all holds overnight.
McInnis 03
AG
That's a tight stop for an option. You normally play that close?
Lavender Gooms
AG
Yep, pretty similar here. Been burned way too many times on earnings plays, so I took a 30% gain. Always easy in hindsight, oh well. Profit is profit.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
KorbinDallas said:

I find reference to T- Model
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-model.

But mostly pictures of old Fords or analysis of AT&T (T) stock

The others are just giving you **** because it gets asked so often but I'll help you out since you have the second best screen name on this board.

It's basically a retracement to 50% of recent gains or losses. See the first post on page 1 for an explanation.

Quote:

My #1 Favorite pattern - The Model T 50% retrace occurs on an entire market index or stock ONCE A CONFIRMED REVERSAL HAS BEEN ACHIEVED. Never assume a temporary pause in a stock or market is the bottom, and start thinking you're clear to confidently hold (or buy) only to get crushed. When I post Model T is in effect it means confirmation has been achieved. Those who chart Fibonacchi studies will speak to the 50% retracement, and that is generally the same line. However, those sometimes calculate an outside the actual band between start of the top and end of the bottom (or in reverse if a bull move is reversed).
Cartographer
We requested a while back and OA obliged us with an explanation in writing.

Now if we could just get him to tell us how he finds his 4-5x options plays life would be easy.

And the island would be purchased for the thread already.

Seriously we're slacking here.
McInnis 03
AG
SpeedyAg90 said:

My 7/29 SPY 318 324 330 Fly is looking pretty good right now !!! McInnis thanks for the info on flys !

Btw, nice pin.
FamousAgg
Thank you, I'll go back to lurking now

Edit: feeling dumb here, literally the first post
texagbeliever
McInnis 03 said:

SpeedyAg90 said:

My 7/29 SPY 318 324 330 Fly is looking pretty good right now !!! McInnis thanks for the info on flys !

Btw, nice pin.

I was a little disappointed to see that mcinnis wasn't quoting himself here.
ProgN
KorbinDallas said:

Thank you, I'll go back to lurking now

Edit: feeling dumb here, literally the first post
I apologize for earlier. Your comment with the emoji made me think you were being funny. Please continue to ask questions. This is an informative and helpful thread and questions are welcomed.

ETA: the model T question was asked almost every other page a few months ago. FWIW, that's why OA had to put it in the OP.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
You guys know anything about KNDI?

It was up huge today, and up huge after hours again. Is this a PnD or something legit there?
McInnis 03
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

You guys know anything about KNDI?

It was up huge today, and up huge after hours again. Is this a PnD or something legit there?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2020/07/29/why-kandi-technologies-stock-soared-today.aspx&ved=2ahUKEwiHqfzw_fPqAhVGHqwKHStcBcgQiJQBMAR6BAgKEAM&usg=AOvVaw2WF3lGgkrK6Rv_PNJg7wTn&cf=1
TheVarian
AG
It's a Chinese company, about all I know off the top of my head. Had an old neighbor who invested in them when I graduated, .15 then sold when it got up to like $25
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Prognightmare said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Prognightmare said:

SPX should bust through 3300 tomorrow. I don't see this train stopping ever
FIFY. The fed will not allow stocks to go down. There is no point being short.
Fed is backstop for the market but we will have a correction. Mutual fund managers and hedge funds will lock in these gains and crush retail investors "that have it all figured out", but when? SPX 2750 is a pipe dream though.
I'm not convinced we can have more than a 5% dip.
MaroonDynasty
Bought some CBAY, hoping for good news.
oldarmy1
AG
Up ready for trading to open. Had a feeling we might have a dip. I think I'll buy SPY first thing since I have $318 Puts to August 3rd and see if we bounce into open or use covered calls if not.
oldarmy1
AG
$321.79 rock and roll
McInnis 03
AG
OSTK
gougler08
AG
It's absolute insanity
McInnis 03
AG
gougler08 said:

It's absolute insanity

leoj
AG
McInnis 03 said:

OSTK

Did anyone ever stay long? HP has been pounding the table, what a move I've missed all the way up on this one. Wow.
McInnis 03
AG
leoj said:

McInnis 03 said:

OSTK

Did anyone ever stay long? HP has been pounding the table, what a move I've missed all the way up on this one. Wow.
Yeah, via leaps. Selling covered calls on this thing has been difficult. I have one more shot to push it out from Jan21 to Mar21
Carlo4
AG
GDP -32.9%

Better than expected, so time to rally right?!?
McInnis 03
AG

Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

Will stonks go up? I remember the days in April when High Unemployment caused the market to rally 5% lol
McInnis 03
AG
Rice and Fries said:

McInnis 03 said:

Will stonks go up? I remember the days in April when High Unemployment caused the market to rally 5% lol
Stonks ALWAYS go up - DDTG
McInnis 03
AG
Market no like Trump delay idea tweet.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ONTX back down after hours hopefully it rallies back up here....
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
He's trying to distract people from GDP. Let me begin by saying I am a republican: what on earth would compel a Republican President to suggest delaying the election but at the same time want an open economy?
First Page Last Page
Page 1952 of 6399

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.