Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,536 Views | 224259 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by CheladaAg
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
INTC filled condor and iron fly.

60 center strike on iron fly, also 5 wide.
McInnis 03
AG
INTC falling hard on earnings and rev BEAT, time to model T it.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
it will recover after the initial sell off. i think 5 wide was smart.
tailgatetimer10
AG
That intel sell off is so stupid.
gougler08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

This market is on crazy pills all around
ProgN
AMD spiking AH
Aston04
AG
AGSmith said:

Aston04 said:

Good time to go long Pearson Education.

Resistance is at $7. The magic bullet for them is they have Connections Academy online learning... #2 in market share to K12... But they haven't gotten near the runup in valuation like k12 has....

They are also heavily invested in tech in the college space- more so than peer textbook publishers... Online learning is gonna help them...
Are you talking about PSO?
yes.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

McInnis 03 said:

This market is on crazy pills all around
Intel offers disappointing Q3 earnings guidance

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/23/intel-intc-earnings-q2-2020.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

AMD spiking AH
Probably on INTC shortage
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ProgN
Probably correct
ProgN
TriumphForks said:

Isn't the Senate going to pass a second round of stimulus checks? Could juice the markets a bit but the last few months in the market have been like the George Costanza "do the opposite" episode of Seinfeld.
Market reaction is likely to be muted because the $600/wk unemployment will be decreased and states will not get their budget bailouts.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

AMD spiking AH

I ALMOST bought back my calls today when they were low
AGSmith
AG
Quick question re: puts, assignment, and ex-dividend date. I'm looking to get into OKE (trading at $28.96 at today's close). I sold a 7/24 29p earlier. They announced a $0.935/sh dividend with a record date of Aug 3 (a Monday). If my put doesn't get assigned this week, will I be able to sell another expiring 7/31 (Friday before record) and still meet the ex-date if assigned on that one?
Tumble Weed
This nuttiness with INTC is why I won't hold a call going into earnings that will expire the next day.

Beat on revenue and get pummeled. It is bizzarro world indeed.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Basing at 55 for now. Looks like this one I may strike out on. Come on AXP, bring it home.

B&I Key:
YNWA_AG
AG
Intc delayed 10 nm until July 2021 and 7nm delayed 6 months.

Amd will have 5nm by 2021/2022.
YNWA_AG
AG
AGSmith
AG
Tumble Weed said:

This nuttiness with INTC is why I won't hold a call going into earnings that will expire the next day.

It's not the first time this week that a company beat projections and got pummeled. See SNAP yesterday. Beat on earnings and revenue = as much as -11% AH yesterday
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Basing at 55 for now. Looks like this one I may strike out on. Come on AXP, bring it home.
eh, it's too severe of a sell off. it will recover half.
ProgN
AGSmith said:

Tumble Weed said:

It's not the first time this week that a company beat projections and got pummeled. See SNAP yesterday. Beat on earnings and revenue = as much as -11% AH yesterday
If we're being honest, the majority of stocks have sold off after reporting good numbers this qtr. That's something that you should keep in mind if you're buying calls on earnings plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see AMZN crush next week but sell off because a vaccine is on the horizon. I'm not playing AMZN, JMO.
Bretton Gekko
High probability we are gonna see 3255 in the next 24 hrs. Im long until around there then re-eval.
Rice and Fries
tailgatetimer10 said:

That intel sell off is so stupid.
The sell off is because they are getting further and further behind the competition on CPUs. AMD just released new Ryzen chips yesterday, has 5NM tech in the works and Intel said their 7NM tech is suffering set backs. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot and eventually those 10NM chips are gonna be old news bears.
tailgatetimer10
AG
They are going to have to jump nodes to ever catch up, which is going to be high risk and high capital expense.

Everyone should've seen this coming with the 10nm fail of this year. Semiconductor life cycles are meant for 2 years, so when you invest in one, and it fails.. you're done for.

Now it's looking like they wont catch up till 2023/2024.. I was thinking they had enough $$$ to do it by 2022.. I'm starting to become more skeptical.
Brewmaster
AG
topher06 said:

BREwmaster said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Today was a bull trap of epic proportions.
just going out on a limb, but I think tomorrow will be an even bigger bull trap. Green green tomorrow, lull the retail bulls to sleep, suppress vix some more, then Monday dump-tastic.

disclaimer: *you have far more experience than me!
You're 100% cash, right? Think you posted that a week ago, but may be mistaking the person.
mostly cash in the options account, hedged with VXX calls. I sold SPCE, OSTK and CWH calls before the drop today, dodged a bullet there!

holding positions in IRA for now, plus some cash, but hedged there with VXX and UVXY commons. I probably should trim some tomorrow if we bounce back a little (which is just a feeling).

Tomorrow afternoon though I think we have a good probability of further drop after bounce, then Monday will probably be ugly. I'm just basing this on past recent dips and pullbacks.
Rice and Fries
tailgatetimer10 said:

They are going to have to jump nodes to ever catch up, which is going to be high risk and high capital expense.

Everyone should've seen this coming with the 10nm fail of this year. Semiconductor life cycles are meant for 2 years, so when you invest in one, and it fails.. you're done for.

Now it's looking like they wont catch up till 2023/2024.. I was thinking they had enough $$$ to do it by 2022.. I'm starting to become more skeptical.
At this point, they might as well just start researching quantum chips with hopes to be there when everyone else is.
Rice and Fries
BREwmaster said:

topher06 said:

BREwmaster said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Today was a bull trap of epic proportions.
just going out on a limb, but I think tomorrow will be an even bigger bull trap. Green green tomorrow, lull the retail bulls to sleep, suppress vix some more, then Monday dump-tastic.

disclaimer: *you have far more experience than me!
You're 100% cash, right? Think you posted that a week ago, but may be mistaking the person.
mostly cash in the options account, hedged with VXX calls. I sold SPCE, OSTK and CWH calls before the drop today, dodged a bullet there!

holding positions in IRA for now, plus some cash, but hedged there with VXX and UVXY commons. I probably should trim some tomorrow if we bounce back a little (which is just a feeling).

Tomorrow afternoon though I think we have a good probability of further drop after bounce, then Monday will probably be ugly. I'm just basing this on past recent dips and pullbacks.

The only way to derail your plan is Congress passing a stimulus deal or announcing significant progress towards one. Never doubt the BRRRRR man
YNWA_AG
AG
The power consumption on intc server chips are terrible Compared to amd. With EPYC progressing the way it is, I wouldn't be surprised if amd has a bigger market share in the server space than intel in 5 years or less
Rice and Fries
YNWA_AG said:

The power consumption on intc server chips are terrible Compared to amd. With EPYC progressing the way it is, I wouldn't be surprised if amd has a bigger market share in the server space than intel in 5 years or less
Not to mention advancing market share in consoles.... Just makes me more bullish on AMD long term.
Brewmaster
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Not making fun. It's a high probability play. When PC 10 day MA is this low, 80% chance of a correction within 90 days.
How about the next 30 days? Feels like we're pretty darn close, VXX curling up and liquidity drying up. No buyers stepping in today.
YNWA_AG
AG
Amd also made a smart move in releasing those Matisse 3000xt refresh retail cpus. Forcing stores to give them more shelf space even before the 4000's hit the shelves.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bretton Gekko said:

High probability we are gonna see 3255 in the next 24 hrs. Im long until around there then re-eval.

Could've used this comment before i bought a 316p at close :p
I'll call it a hedge
tailgatetimer10
AG
Ignore the consoles. The money on that side is garbage in comparison to the rest.

Edit: The biggest thing I will be looking for on AMD earnings next week is their inventory. I am fully expecting them to have reduced inventory due to the sales of low in compute (specifically laptops). If this number is lower, hold on tight.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
NRD09 said:

Bretton Gekko said:

I'll call it a hedge
that's only 20 handles. really not a big deal.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

NRD09 said:

Bretton Gekko said:

I'll call it a hedge
that's only 20 handles. really not a big deal.
it's above the 21DMA! I was told to respect the 21 DMA!!!
YNWA_AG
AG
Doesn't help short term but amd has been rumored to take up some of the tsmc orders from the huwaei ban
First Page Last Page
Page 1929 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.