Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,024,769 Views | 224223 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by texagbeliever
Dobre casy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

There's a good chance it's a poster following this thread...

I saw that too and wondered if some poor Texagger got overly excited reading the thread!
Bonfire1996
AG
Picked up some DBX and TWTR right before close today. Hoping to offset some unrealized MU losses over the next few weeks.
ProgN
TWTR scares me, I'd pick up ROKU on a pullback. I added DBX also today.
UpstateAg
AG
I bought some more IQ and started doing covered calls. If someone wants to pay me to let them gamble like a moron, I'll allow it.
pfo
AG
Prognightmare said:

TWTR scares me too. I think they are losing daily users but it's tough to tell exactly what's happening because they have bot accounts and ghost accounts.
pantherag
AG
I picked up DBX a week ago @28.00 could have sold yesterday at 34+, but holding thinking it has some good run ahead. What is your exit price?
ProgN
pantherag said:

I picked up DBX a week ago @28.00 could have sold yesterday at 34+, but holding thinking it has some good run ahead. What is your exit price?
Depends on your time frame. I believe it prints a trade at 38 within 4 weeks, after the lock up period and the sellers get flushed out. JMO.
ProgN
pfo said:

Prognightmare said:

TWTR scares me too. I think they are losing daily users but it's tough to tell exactly what's happening because they have bot accounts and ghost accounts.
TWTR's platform and business model doesn't allow for any missteps and the stock will be punished severely. I also believe they will lose more users than they will be able add.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

pfo said:

Prognightmare said:

TWTR's platform and business model doesn't allow for any missteps and the stock will be punished severely. I also believe they will lose more users than they will be able add.

Yep, I'm just hoping it can get back to where I bought in around 40 so I can make most of my money back and call it a day. Lost that gamble in waiting on earnings and got burned

Oh well, live and learn
ProgN
I wish you luck my friend but I don't know enough to offer any advice. I've never traded it.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

I wish you luck my friend but I don't know enough to offer any advice. I've never traded it.

I'm long now so I'm just hoping for a gradual move up, nothing technical about it at this point, so some luck would always help too!
pantherag
AG
Anyone following Clovis Onc CLVS? This stock has taken a beating this year, down over 50% YTD. It just started enrolling patients for a combo trail with BMS Opdivo. Wonder the prospects of a turnaround in price for CLVS in the near term?

Ranger this may be in your wheelhouse.
oldarmy1
AG
I bought OCX. Liquid biopsy screening. That just sounds right.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

Looks like I will be called out on 400 shares of roku @$55. Still holding 1200. It's been a good week.

Awesome! Yes it was a big week and now virtually bulletproof into next week. Looking for swing trade entries. If we wave on down Monday thats fine.

I also decided to add to BBOX long term holdings. That's me sitting at the bid after hours as well.

I added several lots today and have another 20% to buy. I might wait and risk catching it on the breakout above $1.55. Reason being if the sale of their government unit doesn't close by months end there will almost assuredly be some selloff.

If it closes you will know it before the news breaks by stock action.
update: I did get called out. Now have $22k to work with cash in my ROTH. Looking for that next opportunity.
IrishTxAggie
AG
NKTR
oldarmy1
AG
Like a Jaguar on the prowl its a waiting game fir a bottom reversal to get easy rubber band trades. Futures off triple DOW digits and double S&P.
badharambe
AG
Ideally, I'm looking for s&p futures (/es) around 2810 level area based on fibs and some potential chart support but would be kind of surprised to see it get that low.

Talking to a myself on the discord chat if anyone cares to join. https://discord.gg/RSmZ8eC
gougler08
AG
I could really use some nice earnings from JD and WMT. Especially interested in JD to see if it can take off like so many of us think
Bird Poo
AG
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm long now so I'm just hoping for a gradual move up, nothing technical about it at this point, so some luck would always help too!

I went long at 30 and a 2 days later it went to 40. Part of me thinks I caused that rally because that has never happened to me so quickly after purchasing a stock

There are a crap ton of large companies that use dbx. They're just now starting to monetize their service while adding customers. This thing reminds me of Netflix.
oldarmy1
AG
Whoever it was that placed the covered call on FDC...well done. They announced a secondary share offering that will bring it down and pause any upward movement for a period.
Hoelag13
AG
Morning Gentlemen -

I have a question that the brainpower on this board could help answer. My fantasy football league has decided to invest the buy-in until NFL playoffs. With that said, instead of saying 1st wins $500, etc. etc., we are saying 1st - 60%, 2nd- 30%, 3rd- 10%, with the hope that the buy-in will grow over the next 4-5 months.

What would be your #1 stock recommendation to invest this amount (~$700)? We would rather the stock be in the lower range ($5-$30) that way we could acquire more shares. And to throw it out there, the group understands that it could decrease to $0 as quick as it could double. But, with that said, hoping for a stock where the collective group is bullish on.

TIA!
UpstateAg
AG
Have you ever heard of MoviePass???
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/13/netflix-cfo-david-wells-to-step-down.html

NFLX CEO is stepping down
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

NFLX is about to have an interesting day. Imperial Capital just lowered their target too.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

So that double top prior to earnings was a good signal. Now what to do with 50 remaining $385 puts expiring Friday. Take the money and run? Or take the money on 30 and execute short position on 20?
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

So that double top prior to earnings was a good signal. Now what to do with 50 remaining $385 puts expiring Friday. Take the money and run? Or take the money on 30 and execute short position on 20?
JMO, according to the charts I follow, it has a chance of printing a trade in the 325-330 range this week.
ProgN
Wells is the CFO, sorry I misread it when it hit. I still think it hits 325-330 though.
oldarmy1
AG
That would be ideal since I don't have to make a decision until Friday.
ProgN
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Wells is the CFO, sorry I misread it when it hit. I still think it hits 325-330 though.
Surprised to see it come up a bit after opening a couple % points down
Ranger222
AG
I've stayed away from the PARP inhibitor plays. TSRO is another popular play here along with CLVS. I know quite a few people who have been trying to "buy the dip" in both of these names for well over a year now. The price action speaks for itself. At one time these names were popular due to people thinking they would be buyout candidates from big pharma companies. When the buyouts never come, the price just steadily declines. I am by no means an expert here, but from my limited reading it seems the PARP inhibitors have lost their shine a little bit and the field has moved on to newer potential treatments. From my understanding, these inhibitors must be used in combos to have any value, and sometimes they show limited improvement when they are included vs not. I would read up on it though because I'm just reciting this from memory and may be completely wrong.
Ranger222
AG
Good action in TWTR at the open. Weekly 31.5 calls bought at the open in size to go along with Aug 24 32.5 calls bought towards the end of last week. Hopefully this gets moving as I am currently underwater on some calls that expire on Friday -- looking for a short bounce back to 34s
gougler08
AG
JD trying to test that lower resistance line yet again
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Earnings coming soon. Did you get a protective Put in place?
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

Earnings coming soon. Did you get a protective Put in place?
So talk me through this one...I see that I can buy a put to expire on Aug 17th (day after earnings) at a strike price of $33 for $0.32.

If JD tanks earnings and drops below $33, then I can exercise my put and make $x pending on how low it goes, but if they do well or stay flat, then the put would expire worthless and I basically just paid $32 (plus fees since I'm on Fidelity) as a protective hedge?

Would this be smart, or should I be more/less aggressive with the strike price?
First Page Last Page
Page 187 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.