Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,988,388 Views | 224153 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by AgCPA95
TheBiggerEvent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
INVE beats expectations by 42%
IrishTxAggie
AG
Those calls should be nice tomorrow.
Aggie09Derek
AG
OLED up to 110.80 (got all the way to over $113) and up over 8.5% after hours.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Those calls should be nice tomorrow.
Rewarded this time for a quick decision.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

OLED up to 110.80 (got all the way to over $113) and up over 8.5% after hours.
We're gonna have red in the morning early but the jobs report wil be either a reversal or fuel on the fire event. Hate that OLED and INVE are catching a negative market.
badharambe
AG
RSI divergence is telling too, bearish sign.
Ranger222
AG
Read up some more on OSTK....either you believe in the tZero enterprise or this is one massive pump and dump by a failing eCommerce business.....if this deal is real and tZero gets valued at 1.5 B and OSTK is currently 1.1 B, then the stock will move. IF it's real......
pantherag
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DBX received an upgrade to buy target $32. Up a buck premarket. It had fallen below major support to all time lows so short covering might give it some extra juice short term.

What's your current thought, it's been on a nice run the last 7 days. It has given back some of its gain after hours, after earnings announced today.
ProgN
FWIW, DBX is down because the "Lock up" period where IPO investors can sell is August 23rd potentially adding 250 million class A shares becoming eligible for sale. The original date was for Sept 18th. The overall qtr and forward guidance was stellar. It has been upgraded this morning, so if anyone was interested in it, consider it on sale this morning. Disclaimer, I will be adding to my position at the open.
oldarmy1
AG
pantherag said:

oldarmy1 said:

DBX received an upgrade to buy target $32. Up a buck premarket. It had fallen below major support to all time lows so short covering might give it some extra juice short term.

What's your current thought, it's been on a nice run the last 7 days. It has given back some of its gain after hours, after earnings announced today.

The company fundamentals are solid. I'm not a buyer until we see the jobs report. Ironically if it shows a hot number then it increases the odds of a faster interest rate move, so the markets would likely continue to sell off.

Not touching any trades until clarity is seen.

Also, I bought mid September Puts across a host of stocks well out of the money, including GOOG, SQ, MSFT, GS, etc

If markets go from pullback to a full blown wave downward some or all of these would sink into the Put strike range. This allows me to either bank the profits, buy against a hard deck or both.
ProgN
What jobs number? Non-farm payrolls came out last Friday.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

What jobs number? Non-farm payrolls came out last Friday.

Sorry, meant weekly jobless claims which came in flat. The final PPI also flat meaning Fed unlikely to raise rates next meeting.

So now its Turkey early, as well as just an expected consolidation. Will be ugly early and looking at potential changers today we have NAFTA deal possibly announced with Mexico.

I would be ahead of that with some buys but caution to use cheap Puts if high flyers entered just in case.
ProgN
Agreed
oldarmy1
AG
Bought more DBX $31 filled.
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
Now heres hiw I approach entries that get a fast bounce. I sold 5% of the buys at $32 and used less than 1/3 of that $1 profit to buy $31 Puts expiring today.
oldarmy1
AG
SQ pop..bought $70 expuring Put on the cheap just in case a short covering bounce.
ProgN
Look at MCHP, it's down with the Turkey news but all the bigs are reaffirming their overweight, buy and SB ratings.
oldarmy1
AG
Went with $87.50 calls
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
JNPR bucking trend again with slow trend up. 6th day
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Look at MCHP, it's down with the Turkey news but all the bigs are reaffirming their overweight, buy and SB ratings.

Thanks for the shout out. That trade took me well into the green on the day.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

Glad to help brother.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

OLED up to $110.80 (got all the way to over $113) and up over 8.5% after hours.
Now up to $117.25 - up $17 from yesterdays lows.
IrishTxAggie
AG
In on DBX at 31.65
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

I bought the Sept 21 92.5 calls at 1.10, I think if Turkey doesn't implode it opens up big on Monday since they just crushed earnings.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Aggie09Derek said:

OLED up to $110.80 (got all the way to over $113) and up over 8.5% after hours.
Now up to $117.25 - up $17 from yesterdays lows.

Our $140 leaps might get into the money this month!
oldarmy1
AG
Well at least BBOX went up 2% today
aggiehunter3
AG
my buddy bought and told me to buy spy puts and uvxy calls yesterday afternoon at 2:30...I didn't listen. He had a good day today. I did not!
tailgatetimer10
AG
And SQ, and SWN
Ragoo
AG
Looks like I will be called out on 400 shares of roku @$55. Still holding 1200. It's been a good week.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Looks like I will be called out on 400 shares of roku @$55. Still holding 1200. It's been a good week.

Awesome! Yes it was a big week and now virtually bulletproof into next week. Looking for swing trade entries. If we wave on down Monday thats fine.

I also decided to add to BBOX long term holdings. That's me sitting at the bid after hours as well.

I added several lots today and have another 20% to buy. I might wait and risk catching it on the breakout above $1.55. Reason being if the sale of their government unit doesn't close by months end there will almost assuredly be some selloff.

If it closes you will know it before the news breaks by stock action.
Guitarsoup
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Didn't you need RRTS to stay below 2.10, too?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm sitting on some, as of now, worthless BBOX 9/21 $2.50 calls.
oldarmy1
AG
Guitarsoup said:

oldarmy1 said:

Didn't you need RRTS to stay below 2.10, too?

I need RRTS to stay below 2.50 until next Friday expiration.
First Page Last Page
Page 186 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.