Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,657 Views | 224567 Replies | Last: 55 sec ago by I bleed maroon
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ranger222 said:

Good action in TWTR at the open. Weekly 31.5 calls bought at the open in size to go along with Aug 24 32.5 calls bought towards the end of last week. Hopefully this gets moving as I am currently underwater on some calls that expire on Friday -- looking for a short bounce back to 34s
So far so good...
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO having a little run today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Turkey Re: Currency

Any of y'all ever do any currency trading? The Lira has been decimated (4.7:1 to 6.4:1 Lira:USD) with the new tariffs because they won't release that pastor. I can't see Turkey trying to weather this storm for too long and the Lira will make a decent recover. Any of y'all ever tried to play a currency?
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

JD trying to test that lower resistance line yet again

Earnings coming soon. Did you get a protective Put in place?
So talk me through this one...I see that I can buy a put to expire on Aug 17th (day after earnings) at a strike price of $33 for $0.32.

If JD tanks earnings and drops below $33, then I can exercise my put and make $x pending on how low it goes, but if they do well or stay flat, then the put would expire worthless and I basically just paid $32 (plus fees since I'm on Fidelity) as a protective hedge?

Would this be smart, or should I be more/less aggressive with the strike price?
Selfishly bringing it up to the top of the page
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

So talk me through this one...I see that I can buy a put to expire on Aug 17th (day after earnings) at a strike price of $33 for $0.32.

If JD tanks earnings and drops below $33, then I can exercise my put and make $x pending on how low it goes, but if they do well or stay flat, then the put would expire worthless and I basically just paid $32 (plus fees since I'm on Fidelity) as a protective hedge?

Selfishly bringing it up to the top of the page
the further OTM the cheaper the put. Just depends on your tolerance. If you are comfortable selling at $31.67 less commissions then buy the $32 strike.

If you plan on holding for an extended period of time then don't. If you do put you can always flip the contract for profit and continue holding. As the buyer you have the right to exercise not the obligation to.
Señor Chang
AG
TIS

Up 145% today
gougler08
AG
Went with a strike of $32.50, especially now that JD just broke that lower resistance level at $34.75
Ragoo
AG
Buying DBX here at $30.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

That would be correct bit now it looks to have bottomed on the day so see if a range move takes it back above $35 so the Puts get cheaper.

I bought some JD and OSTK a few minutes ago but have a tight stop on these extra trading shares.

If markets hit new lows intraday I likely get stopped out but I see a lot of buying on this last low.
gougler08
AG
Thanks for the confirmation (and also Ragoo), let's see what happens with the earnings on Thursday now as I hope it's just a cheap hedge and we actually move up and out of this channel
IrishTxAggie
AG
Looks like your RRTS is settling back down nicely for you.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Looks like your RRTS is settling back down nicely for you.

Yup, I'm safe at this point.
ProgN
Citron, (short seller) issued bullish report today on TWTR with a $52 target price in the next 12 mo.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Citron, (short seller) issued bullish report today on TWTR with a $52 target price in the next 12 mo.
I saw that...here's to hoping that they're right!
leoj
AG
Anything I've ever seen from them I have disagreed with or thought it was a poor analysis
ProgN
leoj said:

Anything I've ever seen from them I have disagreed with or thought it was a poor analysis
I don't think it really matters. Gougler just needs it pop up to get out of it and this could give him some tailwinds towards that goal.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Elanco Animal Health files for U.S. IPO

Quote:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4196431-elanco-animal-health-files-u-s-ipo
I'll dabble into this one right quick since it is my industry.

Elanco is a very very strong company and at the forefront of animal health initiatives. It likely won't be a barn burner of a stock out the door, but their situation will be very similar to that of when Pfizer spun off their AHN division, Zoetis. They'll keep a lot of the same corporate structure to that of Eli Lilly and business will continue as usual.

Most of us are aware of Elanco products because of their business in companion animals, but their primary revenue is in the production species. Even though they still manufacturer antibiotics for animals, they're a big part of a stronger stewardship program for more responsible use of antibiotics in my industry via their program One Health. The director of the One Health initiative is the former director of DSM's AHN division and holds a PhD in Animal Science. I've done some work with him and he is extremely intelligent. Not sure of how many of you are aware, but livestock production is under huge pressure to reduce and ultimately eliminate antibiotic use in animals. Elanco will be one of the companies that comes out on top in this as they work with existing customers to ween them off antibiotics into their new therapeutic products. They have no qualms about investing more into solid R&D and acquiring strategic companies to gain an advantage. I will likely be throwing a bit at this during the IPO.
ProgN
Thanks for the info bud.
Señor Chang
AG
Does anyone own or follow PER (Sandridge Permian Trust)? I've had it on my watchlist for awhile because of the dividend. It pays over 20% at it's current price.
aggiehunter3
AG
hard to wade through the chop today...I scalped some SPY puts this morning and then when things reversed up I bought some FB calls went into a couple meetings only to find out things were headed back south. Tough trading if you aren't glued to the screen.
oldarmy1
AG
AIG, MS, GS, JPM look to be basing out. Interesting for weekly calls just above current levels.
oldarmy1
AG
Same market maker I tagged buying BBOX from lows back $1.49 like clockwork. I make it around 750k shares accumulated this far.

Makes my holdings look light.
oldarmy1
AG
BBOX 1.50 x 1.528
IrishTxAggie
AG
What has happened with BPMX? I never took a position in it, but I have it on my watchlist. Just saw it's down to $0.17 now.
gougler08
AG
Woof on JD, opens up below $34
Ranger222
AG
RIP to the China names. Many like JD breaking critical support levels. All about where they close though
UpstateAg
AG
IQ is down fast. Ugh. I'm in it for the long haul, but man.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Xi could save his stock market and economy if he'd just come to the table with something that still doesn't spit in the face of the WTO...
gougler08
AG
Looks like the put options I bought on JD from yesterday could be good prior to earnings on Thursday at this pace
gougler08
AG
Clear upper resistance set at 90.54 for WMT, tested it twice in 2 days now. Prime for a breakout if earnings are positive on Thursday
oldarmy1
AG
BBOX moved above $1.50

Last $1.55
leoj
AG
Jd is going to be a really good value once these china stocks stop taking a beating.
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

Jd is going to be a really good value once these china stocks stop taking a beating.
So will IQ. And the longer these trade wars go on, the bigger the beating that the Chinese stocks will take.
Guitarsoup
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BBOX moved above $1.50

Last $1.55
$1.60
johnson2012
AG
Two hours late to the party, but AMD broke through 20. Pretty big volume at open.
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.