Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,329 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BILI is on my radar this morning.

BIG outside bar 2 days ago with a high of 51.25. Yesterday was an inside bar with a high of 46.56. It looks like today may open above the high of yesterday which means we could push all the way back up to test 51.25 today, that's a 4 pt move. the 7/17 options have a LOT of OI.
Mister Cooper
AG
How are you going about this? I have been looking at this strategy as well but with NIO I have just been collecting the premium on CC's. Would love some more insight into how the leaps would work
AgShaun00
AG
i read the morning brew and fundrise is a sponsor. You can invest into real estate through them. Anyone heard of them or done it? Following the investors, they make money in stock and take it out to buy real estate. I would like to get into real estate.
59 South
AG
Can you guys just keep up all the bearish talk with put buying and political fear mongering everyday after lunch and on into the evening when things have faded all day? I don't have an algo, but if I did, that would be a trigger to buy at close and sell at open.

I'm all for hedging when appropriate, but fighting momentum has never worked for me. I've bought way too damn early (late 2018 says hello) and I've sold way too early as well. Wait for a reversal day candle with follow through before making big decisions on longer trades.

Don't take this the wrong way and f16 me please... I've just learned a lot of lessons the hard way and don't want y'all to make the same stupid mistakes that I have simply being stubborn.

Remember that, supposedly, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Have a plan, have some rules, follow them. Block out the noise ESPECIALLY with news headlines and random tweeters. My god, go read some of Zero Hedge's stuff if you want some scary opinions.

I know you guys don't fit this narrative at all with most being cautiously long, but if the worst permabear case were to play out that gets the clicks (civil war, USD collapse, alien invasion, China+Russia beating us in WW3, etc), your USD would not be worth anything anyways...

We're all here to make money, and this thread has literally been life changing for me over the past few years.
AgShaun00
AG
59 South said:

Can you guys just keep up all the bearish talk with put buying and political fear mongering everyday after lunch and on into the evening when things have faded all day? I don't have an algo, but if I did, that would be a trigger to buy at close and sell at open.

I'm all for hedging when appropriate, but fighting momentum has never worked for me. I've bought way too damn early (late 2018 says hello) and I've sold way too early as well. Wait for a reversal day candle with follow through before making big decisions on longer trades.

Don't take this the wrong way and f16 me please... I've just learned a lot of lessons the hard way and don't want y'all to make the same stupid mistakes that I have simply being stubborn.

Remember that, supposedly, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Have a plan, have some rules, follow them. Block out the noise ESPECIALLY with news headlines and random tweeters. My god, go read some of Zero Hedge's stuff if you want some scary opinions.

I know you guys don't fit this narrative at all with most being cautiously long, but if the worst permabear case were to play out that gets the clicks (civil war, USD collapse, alien invasion, China+Russia beating us in WW3, etc), your USD would not be worth anything anyways...

We're all here to make money, and this thread has literally been life changing for me over the past few years.

i was hedging too much in June and it cost me pretty big. I don't know what is going on, but I am holding the bear in me down with small hedges. But the first 7 days this month have been huge for me.
59 South
AG
Yea, if you're not a professional trader (like I assume almost all on this board), then getting 'cute' with trades is typically never a good idea. You just have to learn from mistakes and always be improving. If it works, keep doing it. If it doesn't, change and experiment. Adapt, refine, etc. I assume most of us have real jobs and can't watch a screen all day long, but we have access to information now that doesn't make that necessary to make good money. Life changing money.

Last thing I'll say with my drum beating... When I started watching Scott Redler's short and free videos on twitter every morning, the mental part of it completely changed for me. I assume Carter is similar. Redler just has the tactical mentality down. Never too high, never too low, follows rules... The demeanor and perspective is what makes or breaks people in trading.
59 South
AG
Back to tickers, it just seems like ROKU needs some news release to fully break it out and make it soar. Not sure the PTON stuff was enough. But that being said, the longer it hangs above 130, the more and more likely it becomes a rocket ship. If it breaks down under 130, then it's probably going down fast to test 120.
59 South
AG
thirdcoast said:

About to finish "Handbook on TA" in OP and 6 chap into "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas. Next is "Mastering the Trade" by John Carter.

The TA is obviously huge, but the mental/attitude stuff in Trading in the Zone, has really been influential in exposing my common trading mental flaws. Already a 180 in my perspective on trading. I highly recommend. Today I couldn't help but think about the parallels in doomed traders blaming market and not taking ownership of failures, and the chaos we are seeing today with SJW/victimhood culture. Those people are just as doomed as the traders who stay in a losing trade due to their fundamental analysis and blame market for moving against them. Not to get political, but many good life points about cutting out the emotion and BS in life.

Thanks for all those who rec'd these books and continue educate.
Underrated post, needs moar starz!
corndog04
AG
Latest TSA YoY passenger numbers. A bit of holiday noise riding on the otherwise steady trend line last week since their tables are comparing same weekday for each year (4th was on a Thursday in 2019).

spud1910
AG
Anyone else in VBIV still?
Touchless
AG
Curious on ROKU. Why does everyone seem to think that when it gets past this current resistance in the mid to upper $130s that it's going to explode and head towards $200 or even higher? The new projections it could reach just seem so high that I struggle to understand where those come from. If it would be $150-$160, that may make more sense, but the 50% - 100% increase is where I don't follow. TIA
Talon2DSO
AG
Any thoughts on Amazon? I'm holding a 3100c I bought Monday. Still up and hoping it does drop more this week
gougler08
AG
corndog04 said:

Latest TSA YoY passenger numbers. A bit of holiday noise riding on the otherwise steady trend line last week since their tables are comparing same weekday for each year (4th was on a Thursday in 2019).

Anecdotal but the major oil company I work for sent out stuff this week about relaxing some of the travel restrictions...the full restrictions lift in Sept but we're already seeing folks start to travel a bit more in July

I assume many businesses will follow similar, if not quicker timelines as my company is normally very slow in terms of things like this
ProgN
Touchless said:

Curious on ROKU. Why does everyone seem to think that when it gets past this current resistance in the mid to upper $130s that it's going to explode and head towards $200 or even higher? The new projections it could reach just seem so high that I struggle to understand where those come from. If it would be $150-$160, that may make more sense, but the 50% - 100% increase is where I don't follow. TIA

J/K brother.
deadbq03
AG
59 South said:

thirdcoast said:

About to finish "Handbook on TA" in OP and 6 chap into "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas. Next is "Mastering the Trade" by John Carter.

The TA is obviously huge, but the mental/attitude stuff in Trading in the Zone, has really been influential in exposing my common trading mental flaws. Already a 180 in my perspective on trading. I highly recommend. Today I couldn't help but think about the parallels in doomed traders blaming market and not taking ownership of failures, and the chaos we are seeing today with SJW/victimhood culture. Those people are just as doomed as the traders who stay in a losing trade due to their fundamental analysis and blame market for moving against them. Not to get political, but many good life points about cutting out the emotion and BS in life.

I'll respectfully disagree, in part because the singling out of one political group only paints half the picture.

Everyone who feels deeply moved to engage in politics does so from a position of defending their identity against a perceived threat to that identity. Whether it's your race, religion, money/job, heritage, or even merely your high opinion of your own ideas, we tend to perceive opposite opinions as threats to the parts of our life that make us who we are. As my FIL loves to say "throw a stick into a pack of dogs and the one who yelps is the one that got hit." We all feel like victims and that's why we fight back.

And yes, I realize my own hypocrisy in bringing this up, but I do so because I think deep partisanship on both sides is being spun up by the media on both sides and it's worse now than ever before. I think the inability to compromise is going to destroy this country more than any single issue, and comments like this one just deepen partisan thinking because it takes something that's really a universal truth about our failings as humans and says it's only "them" that do it.
Barty Dont Hedge
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Barty said:

Can we get a big rally out of BABA and ROKU Tomorrow before chit hits the fan????
I think you will. I wouldn't expect anything major until post OPEX.
Thanks Whales of TXAGS! Feel free to let the chit hit the fan now, LOL
McInnis 03
AG
OSTK falling, get it while it's hot!
59 South
AG
I agree 100% with what you are saying. I thought the post was great because of the application to the topic at hand on this thread of trading and making as much money as possible. I am not political at all and that analogy was spot on, but can be applied to any extreme belief based on emotion, ie, ROKU is going to the moon because I own it, or the market is rigged because it doesn't make sense to me personally. It damn sure makes sense to somebody else I'd think.

TLDR, I agree with both your post and thirdcoast's post because. Blue star for you too!
BenRev09
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Think it'll come down to and defend $40?
Touchless
AG
I know.
McInnis 03
AG
BenRev09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Think it'll come down to and defend $40?
We'll find out together. I was able to buy back the 47C I sold for next week (sold for $4+) at $2.25 and sold one for this week instead.
TecRecAg
AG
In

AAPL 7/10 390C at 1.04
RIOT 7/17 2C at .64
TECK 8/21 11C at .95
Bird Poo
AG
deadbq03 said:

59 South said:

thirdcoast said:

I'll respectfully disagree, in part because the singling out of one political group only paints half the picture.

Everyone who feels deeply moved to engage in politics does so from a position of defending their identity against a perceived threat to that identity. Whether it's your race, religion, money/job, heritage, or even merely your high opinion of your own ideas, we tend to perceive opposite opinions as threats to the parts of our life that make us who we are. As my FIL loves to say "throw a stick into a pack of dogs and the one who yelps is the one that got hit." We all feel like victims and that's why we fight back.

And yes, I realize my own hypocrisy in bringing this up, but I do so because I think deep partisanship on both sides is being spun up by the media on both sides and it's worse now than ever before. I think the inability to compromise is going to destroy this country more than any single issue, and comments like this one just deepen partisan thinking because it takes something that's really a universal truth about our failings as humans and says it's only "them" that do it.
I identify with the Constitution. As all Americans should.

Back to trading!
Cartographer
Anyone else see AMD as a good short down to $50?

I charted the move yesterday and I think it holds up. See how it holds near yesterday's low.
gougler08
AG
BREwmaster said:

Irish likes Walrus, but he's in timeout and I like this guy...

It sure feels like reality is somewhere between Walrus and Trigger
gougler08
AG
Also, I need NIO to cool its jets for at least a couple days so I can roll my 10.5 covered calls out
E
AG
Really wish the stock not to be named would do something....
gougler08
AG
E said:

Really wish the stock not to be named would do something....
Its definitely in a flag pattern and right near the bottom, needs to bounce or may fall out soon
59 South
AG
Fully out of the JD calls at 1.60.

Had to take the money and run even though it could easily keep going. I'm exposed with a lot of shares I'm still holding so wanted to get out of the options completely.
TecRecAg
AG
TWTR ROCKET SHIP!
gougler08
AG
TecRecAg said:

TWTR ROCKET SHIP!
Woah, what news dropped there
gig em 02
Rumor of a new subscription service
59 South
AG
panduh bear said:

Anyone else see AMD as a good short down to $50?

I charted the move yesterday and I think it holds up. See how it holds near yesterday's low.
I wouldn't unless 52 is lost. Then it could easily flush to 49-49.50... but looks to have more potential to 54 or even 55.50 now than under 50. Might be a decent short over 55 but it could also explode and trap you. It's a sneaky one.
TecRecAg
AG
No clue. 7/10 33.5 in at .58 out at 1.94. I'll take it.
TecRecAg
AG
In DDOG 7/10 100C
First Page Last Page
Page 1855 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.